Btw Goff is shredding it in camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
You can question his arm strength, but I don't know why. The ball he uncorked in the rain in NY to Watkins was a bomb that traveled something like 63 yards in the air. The one to Woods vs the Texans was right around 50 and he hit Woods in stride. He has lanky arms that can generate some serious torque on the ball. Think of longer connecting rods in an internal combustion engine. A longer stroke generates more torque. I know a bit about this, I have long arms for a 5'10 guy and can crank 30-40 yard throws on a rope at 160 pounds. You don't have to be a big guy to have a whip. Mike Vick had one of the strongest arms I've ever seen and he was right around 200 pounds.
Yes, he threw it with perfect aim at 62 yards---few can!
However, he needs to throw the bal successfully without using hips (and anything below the hips). 20% of NFL throws are not from a 'stable' throwing position. And, Until I see him throw a spiral with only his shoulders, and throw it 25+ yards in the air perfectly, then I will say he will be better than Brees ever was. Untill then he will, without injury, reach Brees status. I think he is headed towards greatness. Last year, was a B- for him. I am waiting this year for the A-.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
View attachment 25713
*Gotta complete the image, bruh.
He's not gone for good, is he? Champs part of the family.

Really? Not me. Seems like very good arm strength.
20% of the NFL throws come from bad angles, no hips, no feet torque....that kind of upper body strength is what he is missing.Watch Rogers:he throws from all angles and doesn't use his feet, knees or hips many times a game. Goff needs to develop that strength. The Viking and Eagle games showed this (under heavy rush). His small hands don't help.

He is one of the GREAT throws of this decade. Really, we will see maybe 35-40 TDs this year. Arm strength is way down on the list of importance...but, to be great in this age he will have to make some Romo throws (and yes, Romo had average arm strength, but could throw from all angles).

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
You can question his arm strength, but I don't know why. The ball he uncorked in the rain in NY to Watkins was a bomb that traveled something like 63 yards in the air. The one to Woods vs the Texans was right around 50 and he hit Woods in stride. He has lanky arms that can generate some serious torque on the ball. Think of longer connecting rods in an internal combustion engine. A longer stroke generates more torque. I know a bit about this, I have long arms for a 5'10 guy and can crank 30-40 yard throws on a rope at 160 pounds. You don't have to be a big guy to have a whip. Mike Vick had one of the strongest arms I've ever seen and he was right around 200 pounds.
That pass to Woods was the longest pass "in the air" by any QB in the NFL. He has a big arm.
But, me being a engine guy. Longer connecting rods don't have anything to do with a long stroke crank. I just ordered 6.8 Molnar billet rods for my GTO. Scat 4.5" crank going in a IA2, 540ci. Will be 850-900 horsepower on pump gas.
Go Rams.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
That pass to Woods was the longest pass "in the air" by any QB in the NFL. He has a big arm.
But, me being a engine guy. Longer connecting rods don't have anything to do with a long stroke crank. I just ordered 6.8 Molnar billet rods for my GTO. Scat 4.5" crank going in a IA2, 540ci. Will be 850-900 horsepower on pump gas.
Go Rams.
It was the pass to Watkins that traveled the farthest in the air. I said nothing about crankshafts.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Go Rams.

Did that read like a Penthouse Forum story from the ‘80s, or what?

The only thing missing was an opening...like... “I took a job cleaning pools one summer....”

Now if you’ll excuse me...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good thing he's the second coming.

goffing.jpg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Go Rams.
What year is your Goat? I used to own a '65 GTO back in the day........

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
What year is your Goat? I used to own a '65 GTO back in the day........
69. Its a bracket race car right now. Has a 9" Ford rear with ladder bar suspension. 10 sec ride. New engine will take it deep in the 9s if I want to go that quick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
69. Its a bracket race car right now. Has a 9" Ford rear with ladder bar suspension. 10 sec ride. New engine will take it deep in the 9s if I want to go that quick.

69 GTOs are gorgeous. One of my dream cars.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
84 Pontiac Fiero. One of my dream cars ~jrry32
TlRibnB.png

Nah, I love the late-60s Firebirds, GTOs, Chargers, Gran Torinos, 69/70 Mustang Mach 1s, 69/70 Challengers, and 69 Camaros. I'm also really intrigued by the late-60s/early-70s Mercuries and Oldsmobiles (the Toronado is an especially interesting looking car). I've thought about buying one, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I've gotten so used to the modern amenities! Honestly, I absolutely hate the look of almost every car from the 80s and 90s. I don't know what American car-makers were thinking.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, I love the late-60s Firebirds, GTOs, Chargers, Gran Torinos, 69/70 Mustang Mach 1s, 69/70 Challengers, and 69 Camaros. I'm also really intrigued by the late-60s/early-70s Mercuries and Oldsmobiles (the Toronado is an especially interesting looking car). I've thought about buying one, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I've gotten so used to the modern amenities! Honestly, I absolutely hate the look of almost every car from the 80s and 90s. I don't know what American car-makers were thinking.
You should let Kount's Kustom's in Vegas restore a 60's GTO with all of the modern conveniences (A/C, power steering) for 50 grand....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You should let Kount's Kustom's in Vegas restore a 60's GTO with all of the modern conveniences (A/C, power steering) for 50 grand....

If I can find the right car, that would be a good option.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You should be in Reno this weekend, there are a few thousand of the cars you listed on show right now. Most are for sale too.