LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Big fan of the original, and I love piano covers so really enjoyed this one. Really melancholy.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Iowa's Lenny and Steven Tyler sang backup on a couple Left Banke songs...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqBTzfcIk4

From Wikipedia:

The song is one of a number Brown wrote about Renée Fladen-Kamm, then-girlfriend of The Left Banke's bassist Tom Finn and object of Brown's affection. She was associated with the band for a few weeks, and described as a free-spirited and tall blonde. The song was written one month after Brown met her.[10] "Walk Away Renee" was one of a series of love songs the infatuated Brown wrote after meeting his newfound muse.[11] Other songs written about her include the band's second hit "Pretty Ballerina" and "She May Call You Up Tonight". After decades of obscurity, she was identified in 2001 as a noted singer, vocal teacher and artist on the West Coast.[12][13]

Brown says of his unrequited love for Renée:

"I was just sort of mythologically in love, if you know what I mean, without having evidence in fact or in deed...But I was as close as anybody could be to the real thing"[10]
Fladen-Kamm was looking on during the recording of the song, and her presence nearly prevented its completion. In an interview, Brown stated:

"My hands were shaking when I tried to play, because she was right there in the control room," he says. "There was no way I could do it with her around, so I came back and did it later."[14]
However, co-author Tony Sansone has given a different version of the origin of the song. Sansone has stated in interviews that he wrote the lyrics for the song, and that he randomly chose the name Renee because the Beatles used the name Michelle in their hit song of the same name, and so he did likewise, choosing the French name Renee as the female object for the song.

Also---from Wikipedia concerning Boston's "More Than A Feeling":

His biggest hit, "More Than a Feeling" took writer Tom Scholz five years to complete.[2] It is one of six songs Scholz worked on in his basement in 1974 and 1975 before Boston got its record contract, five of which eventually appeared on the Boston album.[3] The drum parts were originally developed by Jim Masdea, although Sib Hashianplayed the drums on the official release.[3] The verses are in the key of D major while the chorus is in G major. The song is in compound AABA form.[4]

The Book of Rock Lists suggests that the chorus riff may itself be a subtle homage to the Kingsmen's classic, "Louie Louie". Scholz credits "Walk Away Renee" by The Left Banke as the song's main inspiration.

I can get the inspiration from Walk Away Renee for "More Than a Feeling."