LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Thanks Spotify for finding me this song:

and
thank you to my uncle for showing me this 6 or 7 years ago:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
From the third Rush LP Hemispheres.

It was really the least received by the muckety muck producers at the time with really only 2 radio playable songs (4 minute songs). I extremely admire the fact that the band bucked pressure and recorded a 20 minute song to start their next LP 2112. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Peart as the main writer of their lyrics weaves in sci-fi and fantasy themes. The band really begins to come into its own in the prog movement. I was tempted to post Cygnus but I'll go with live from 1975 Trees which is one of my favorite Rush songs (it's impossible to pick just one) and La Villa Strangiato.

I just love seeing this old footage. Alex really drives the band early but Neil's drum hookup is starting to gather some real gravity at this point. Geddy could sure wail back in 75! Something about his voice though...Even though he sings some of this stuff an octive or two lower now he SOUNDS higher just because of the timbre of his voice and the way he sings out of that big snozz of his like Willy Nelson does.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnC88xBPkkc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK1hmDpa8bo

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

That is some serious wailing!

There is a certain point [for me] where I lose interest. I loved the firrst part but when the heavy scream gets mechanical(?) I sort of turn off. It's sort of the heavy metal version of the auto tune I guess. Thanks for the post!!!!!

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

this is the ultimate soccer hooligan song! i hear it a lot when watching EPL
i started tripping on the White Stripes on youtube and somehow i ended up here
I've bounced across those guys too. They're great! The Clint Eastwood number is good.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Okay-- I LOVE NYC. I go there quite a bit. So here's a shout out to a city I love:

A brilliant parody of the previous song about Newark:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That is some serious wailing!

There is a certain point [for me] where I lose interest. I loved the firrst part but when the heavy scream gets mechanical(?) I sort of turn off. It's sort of the heavy metal version of the auto tune I guess. Thanks for the post!!!!!
I can see what you mean. I dont mind that most of the time, but there are some instances that I feel the same way. For me this song was fine. What I dont like is when the whole song is just screaming with no real feeling put into it beside fake rage. I listened to a couple other of there songs on youtube the other night and it was just screaming the whole time. So so far, this is the only one I like.

Also, I found it quite amusing that the drummer is the most nonchalant metal drummer I have ever seen lol. Go back and watch him, its funny. Also looks likes hes starting a comb-over early in life lol.