Why didn't Cam Newton fight for that fumble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cam "They didn't do anything special....blah blah"
I have no respect for these types of competitors. Ego driven immaturity. He's young though, maybe (hopefully) he'll learn.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam "They didn't do anything special....blah blah"
I have no respect for these types of competitors. Ego driven immaturity. He's young though, maybe (hopefully) he'll learn.

yeah, as soon as he said that i lost any respect for him. they didn't do anything special? they sacked him 10 times it seemed. they forced 4 turnovers. they handed the panthers arses to them. they showed they were one of the best defenses in nfl history. yeah, nothing special. clown.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Remember, it's just a game and some words put out after the game. I don't look into it any further.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Because he was in on the conspiracy to let Manning win his last game and subsequently earn his second Superbowl ring! NFL is rigged yo!

Seriously though, I think he just thought about it too much and didn't go with his instincts. By the time he processed everything and made a play for the ball, it was too late. It's nothing more than that, temporary lapse in judgment.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Cam could've gave a little more effort on that fumble.

Besides that he is a great player there is no doubt about that. The way he handles the media is different. Maybe he will learn from this. It was a tough loss.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Who knows. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. I'm not going to question the heart of the QB that takes as many hits as any QB in football...and does so willingly for his team.

And I don't care if he pouted or sulked or was pissed after they lost. Losing sucks. I think we all know that. I want a QB that's angry and upset when he loses. And frankly, I'd much rather listen to a Cam Newton interview after a win or loss than Russell Wilson recite a bunch of canned lines like a politician. He's such a boring interviewee.

Agree 100% with your first paragraph. He was in a awkward position. He did nothing wrong there.

On his press conference though. He should be embarrassed and bet he already is. That was awful and he acted like a pop warner player. Your a grown man, act like one. You can be pissed about a loss and have a little class too. I will chalk it up to a learning experience for the kid, because I think to the core he is a good kid who wants to win and he will. But it almost looked contrived as if he wanted everyone to feel sorry for him and tell him he put forth such a great effort even in defeat. It backfired on him though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree 100% with your first paragraph. He was in a awkward position. He did nothing wrong there.

On his press conference though. He should be embarrassed and bet he already is. That was awful and he acted like a pop warner player. Your a grown man, act like one. You can be pissed about a loss and have a little class too. I will chalk it up to a learning experience for the kid, because I think to the core he is a good kid who wants to win and he will. But it almost looked contrived as if he wanted everyone to feel sorry for him and tell him he put forth such a great effort even in defeat. It backfired on him though.

As a grown man, I've had plenty of moments where I was pissed off after losses and didn't have any interest in sitting there and having to eat shit. And they were far less substantial losses. Losing sucks. Every person handles it differently. Not fair to judge a person during a very bad time in their life when they're high on emotions...and not good emotions.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
As a grown man, I've had plenty of moments where I was pissed off after losses and didn't have any interest in sitting there and having to eat crap. And they were far less substantial losses. Losing sucks. Every person handles it differently. Not fair to judge a person during a very bad time in their life when they're high on emotions...and not good emotions.

He is a professional. The media is part of the job.

You may not wanted to sit there but did you? Whatever loss you faced was probably very important to you. It's all relative, just because it was not a SB does not mean it wasn't important to you or was as impactful as this loss was to him.

Fact is it's very fair to judge. You learn a lot about the character of someone when faced with some adversity. A leader, a champion does not act like that. As I said previous I think he is a good kid that will learn from it but that was not a good look for him or anyone for that matter.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
CaqXmvGUMAAXxs-.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is a professional. The media is part of the job.

No, it's not. He didn't grow up preparing himself to do press conferences one day. He's a football player. His job is to play football. Marshawn Lynch was bad with the media...and yet it never stopped him from being successful on the field. Look at the way Bill Belichick acts. Doesn't stop him from being a successful coach.

He's a professional football player. As long as he's producing on the field, no Panther fan cares how he acts towards the media.

You may not wanted to sit there but did you? Whatever loss you faced was probably very important to you. It's all relative, just because it was not a SB does not mean it wasn't important to you or was as impactful as this loss was to him.

No, I didn't. I was angry, said things I didn't mean, and then stormed off. Later on, when I got my emotions in check, I was able to shake hands and accept it. Which is why I'd handle a situation like Newton's terribly. I wouldn't have the patience to sit there and be asked a bunch of stupid questions after a devastating loss.

Hell, look at how this place reacts when the Rams lose. Go pull a vent thread up. A lot of people don't take losing well.

Fact is it's very fair to judge. You learn a lot about the character of someone when faced with some adversity. A leader, a champion does not act like that. As I said previous I think he is a good kid that will learn from it but that was not a good look for him or anyone for that matter.

And I don't agree with you. Being a leader or a champion has nothing to do with that sort of thing. Being a leader is all about your ability to reach people, motivate them, and get the best out of them. Do you think any of Newton's teammates care after that loss that he walked out of a press conference? I don't think so. And it won't stop them from hearing his message or being motivated by him.

And being a champion is purely based on your ability to win. Newton would have been the same person today if he had won that he was when he lost. But if they won, he would have been a champion. How he handled the media press conference certainly didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His job is to play football.

and be available for press conferences before and after games.

Hell, look at how this place reacts when the Rams lose. Go pull a vent thread up. A lot of people don't take losing well.

we are not professionals. besides he can act however he likes in the locker room after the game but when he fronts the microphones he better act like a professional.

How he handled the media press conference certainly didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game.

yes but it has an effect on public perception of him. does he want to be known as a pro or does he want to be known as an ass? it's up to him.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I agree with he probably thought it was incomplete pass and then realized, oh shit it's a fumble and by then he was out of position to do anything.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and be available for press conferences before and after games.

Next year, the first time we play the Seahawks, Todd Gurley runs for 300 yards and 5 TDs. However, he skips the press conferences after the game. Are you pissed at him for not performing his job?

That all said, Cam Newton was available for the press conference. He went to the press conference. He spoke at the press conference. I don't care how he "performs" at the press conference. His job is to play football. That is what he's paid for. The Panthers do not employ him because he's great at speaking at press conferences. They employ him because he's a great QB.

we are not professionals. besides he can act however he likes in the locker room after the game but when he fronts the microphones he better act like a professional.

Complete double standard. We can be pissed off and "sore losers" but if Newton is the same way, he's in the wrong? Completely unrealistic. He did act like a professional today. He walked onto that field and got his ass kicked for four quarters by the Denver defense while trying to help his team win. That's all the professional he needs to be to be on my team.(excluding illegal acts)

yes but it has an effect on public perception of him. does he want to be known as a pro or does he want to be known as an ass? it's up to him.

I don't think he cares. If there's one thing he's made crystal clear, he doesn't care about the public's perception of him. He's going to be who he is. And I respect him for that. If people can't accept that, screw them.