Who will be the St. Louis Rams breakout player in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, by the way? I know that he pretty much already has broken out, but I think that Brockers becomes the best 4-3 nose tackle in the game this year. He was just learning the position last year. It was entirely new than what he played. He's going to open up everything for this defense.

As for skill position players on offense? Tre Mason. He's going to come into this year even more hungry to prove himself. And he brings something to the table that Gurley doesn't (not yet, at least): breakaway speed and the ability to bounce outside. He's going to prove why he's been compared to prime-Ray Rice/Lesean McCoy.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, the players from the first two Fisher/Snead draft have to become reliable, consistent playmakers. If that's "breaking out", then yes.

Players like:
Quick (yes, he showed signs of being what they need, but that needs to continue seamlessly)
Jenkins
Johnson
Zuerline (yes, he's been pretty reliable, but he needs to be even more reliable... especially with that rule change)
Austin
Ogletree
McDonald
Bailey
Jones

All of these draft picks are considered talented, but they haven't shown me they can produce consistently and reliably.

"Flashes of brilliance" is how I'd describe their play thus far.

I'd like to see the lights on and burning brilliantly 90% of the time for each of them.

If that happens, then I see no reason the Rams don't make the playoffs (barring injury).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Christian Bryant. Guy had a redshirt year last year, but if he wasn't injured, had a Mathieu type effect on the OSU defense. Was a "be everywhere, do everything" type player.

He should be healthy now and I REALLY think he has the potential to BREAK OUT this year.
I liked everything I had read and seen regarding this cat last year and I'm really excited to see what he can do. I'm still not sure how the secondary will shape up though. I think McLeod came on strong and solidified his spot as FS last year, but I really think they'll have to find a way to rotate in guys like Bryant, Joyner and Alexander on the field. I think Mo could be a similar player to Barron though, hybrid LB/S type thumper.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the contract that they gave him, I hope it's Lance Kendricks.
I've given up hope on that. It's so frustrating to me that we don't use he and Cook in more Ace sets like the Cheatriots did with Gronk and Hernandez. Either one of those guys could destroy whichever LB was left alone with them.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I feel with the starting role completely his that Mason will improve a lot and show even more than he did last year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel with the starting role completely his that Mason will improve a lot and show even more than he did last year.
I'm still a fan of Mason...

Not that Gurley isn't a good pick... but, if he takes over the starting role (as I'm sure he will), I'll always wonder if they could have made the running game good enough to win with Mason.

Here's to hoping that Gurley makes Mason look like a high schooler!
:cheers:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
My choices are Gurley on offense because either he is a total stud or the OL is a blocking machine.
On defense Fairley because I think he will be used mostly on passing downs with AD next to him. Fairley will feast on 1 on 1 matchups.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My chips are pushed toward Tavon Austin.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Chris Long finally gets selected to the pro bowl but won't be able to play because he has to play in the Super Bowl.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
OFFENSE:

Bailey. I just keep waiting for him to break out, the dude just catches everything. Also, I think we're gonna see a lot of slants in this year's offense, and even though he's not a big bodied guy he's gonna kill it.

DEFENSE:

Joyner. The dude has pop like a LB, tenacious like an effin pitbull, and he's gonna know what he's doing this year. He's gonna be in the slot makin small WRs absolutely miserable.

Lots of great choices in this thread btw, and it brings home the point of how far this roster has come. They're downright stocked with guys poised to step up all over the joint.

WORD FOR WORD ON BOTH GUYS. You're a genius! More Slants!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fun thread to read. Lots of good players that could be great.

I see Joyner popping up in a few picks. This guy intrigues me. I really want to see what he can do on the field. It's a shame he got injured last year. I hope it doesn't put him behind this year.

I'm also surprised not to see Gaines as a favorite here. He played like a vet at times last year. The kid could become our best corner. He may already be.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think this will be a good year for our tight ends.

I'm going to say Lance Kendricks to compliment the Corey Harkey pick earlier.

iced

I'd have to say the obvious is Tavon Austin...

but i got another guy that's going widely unmentioned - Lance Kendricks. He's somewhat similar to Ertz from Phillie (except I'd say ertz is more of a polished receiver) but Lance is no slouch himself and is moved all around the offense. Add in the fact that Foles liked throwing to his TE Ertz, Kendricks's hands and ability, and I think you have a pretty good recipe for success. Kendricks is also the most versatile of the TE group - and whether or not he's on the field won't tip your hand (like pulling Cook to run the ball).

Also, kendricks led the team in receiving Touchdowns last season (5) - next highest were Quick, Britt,and cook (3). With the promise of an expanded role in the passing game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the top options again

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smallernickfoles_social.jpg
I'm with you den.
I think Foles is gonna turn some heads

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There are obviously several to choose from given the lack of experience and youth on our team . I have to say that if Gurley starts over 10 game and is not the breakout payer then it will be a disappointment RB's generally hit the ground running ( see what I did there ) and your glamour positions especially when they are # 1 picks should steal the show. Only TA breaking out would be acceptable as a substitute winner over TG in a close race.

I would love for A.O to disengage from a few block this year.
Quickie to stay health and catch over 50 balls
and GR to establish himself as a top 20 maybe 15 LT and getting better game by game. I am not greedy I just want to see development from our top investments.