Who will be the St. Louis Rams breakout player in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRavenAge

UDFA
I'm going to go out on a limb and go with Akeem Ayers. I think that, in the right role, he could be a playmaker.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm not going to count rookies, because that's what they are. Although one has possibilities for greatness!
But I too am rooting for Quick, Bailey, and Ogletree! With Tavon as the 'BIG' dark-horse!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
It's Austin. You might be tired of hearing about his potential and missed opportunities due to the scheme. He is too.

He's been working to hone his craft as a receiver and he has a QB that can see him over the line of scrimmage. It's going to be bonkers guys, I stake my username on it.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm waiting to see how Quick looks in practice after his injury...the guy was making his move before that happened.

I also think the entire Ram secondary breaks out Jenkins, Johnson, and McDonald in particular!!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OFFENSE:

Bailey. I just keep waiting for him to break out, the dude just catches everything. Also, I think we're gonna see a lot of slants in this year's offense, and even though he's not a big bodied guy he's gonna kill it.

DEFENSE:

Joyner. The dude has pop like a LB, tenacious like an effin pitbull, and he's gonna know what he's doing this year. He's gonna be in the slot makin small WRs absolutely miserable.

Lots of great choices in this thread btw, and it brings home the point of how far this roster has come. They're downright stocked with guys poised to step up all over the joint.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Kenny Britt. Foles will be the best QB he's played with IMO. If he's healthy I expect him to be the #1 with 65-80 catches and 1100 yards and 8+ TDs. Still only 26 and finally over his knee injury from Tenn.

…..

Legend
Wow we have alot of different answers and different breakout players.

The only conclusion I can conclude is....

Championship!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I gotta say. Though I'm picking Cory, my brain tells me that Sted is going to be our go to guy for receivers. TA will get a few more touches and will start to come on. But Cory will open up our offense in non-statistical areas. Meanwhile, PFF will have him as the worst TE in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kenny Britt. He had his best season last year, but it was only 48 catches.
I expect in the neighborhood of 70 this year.

jap

Legend
You know who I think breaks out huge? Greg Robinson.

He should break out if he is truly committed to excellence. There was a huge difference between 'Lando Pace's first and second seasons. I am sure Coach Bou will focus on getting GRob ready to start at a high level. Squaring off against The Mighty Quinn in practice won't hurt either.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If I counted right, 20 players were named.

Think about that for a minute. (Mason, Cunningham, , Long, Quinn, Donald, Fairly, Brockers and JL are chopped liver?)

What Snisher has done to (for) this franchise in 3 years is nothing short of amazing. Seriously. Still think 2016 is our year tho.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Smallernickfoles_social.jpg

Den here stole my thunder. I'll have to go with a breakout duo now.

Foles and Bailey!

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
If I counted right, 20 players were named.

Think about that for a minute. (Mason, Cunningham, , Long, Quinn, Donald, Fairly, Brockers and JL are chopped liver?)

What Snisher has done to (for) this franchise in 3 years is nothing short of amazing. Seriously. Still think 2016 is our year tho.
This. 2015 is our year though...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Christian Bryant. Guy had a redshirt year last year, but if he wasn't injured, had a Mathieu type effect on the OSU defense. Was a "be everywhere, do everything" type player.

He should be healthy now and I REALLY think he has the potential to BREAK OUT this year.

BadCompany

Rookie
I'll say Austin as well. With a power running game being our main scheme I think teams are going to put there run stuffers out there most of the time, which I think will allow Austin to sneak into some open areas. And once he's there...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
No Pead or Givens?

I agree with Mack - think Bryant will surprise as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cookie Monster on O.

Joyner on D.

Our Special Teams players are too fucking awesome already... so no breakout players here, but high level performance will be improved on as well.

Bam