Who are our Pro Bowlers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying he isn't the best DT...but ranked #1 in the league over ALL other player (that would include QBs)....by who?

You honestly think if there was some sort of redraft of every player in the league that he would go #1?
"Germans?"
"Forget it, he's rolling"

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Not saying he isn't the best DT...but ranked #1 in the league over ALL other player (that would include QBs)....by who?

You honestly think if there was some sort of redraft of every player in the league that he would go #1?
Being the best player in the NFL and being the most important are two different things. Of course you're not going to take a DT over a QB or LT. But if I was redrafting a team and already took my QB and LT, you're damn right I would take Donald 3rd.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Pro Bowl is a sham
No Greg Robinson or Case Keenum? System is rigged!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Donald single handedly dominates every game.

Yeah, Donald hasn't fallen off. He's having the best year of his career.

Not only are Snacks and Donald different types of players and not comparable, but those stats mean nothing for him.

If you want to determine his impact, check his pressures. Hurries, hits, etc. He rivals top edge rushers like Von Miller in those categories, which is absurd. Check his tackles for loss in the run game. He leads the league.

Donald is having an absolutely insane year. He deserves it.

Donald is TEARING UP the position right now, not having a let down. When you factor in how much attention is focused on him... For him to still be that disruptive...is borderline insane.
Some key words you guys used...dominates, best year, insane year, tearing up the position....
Defensive guy here...key stat for a defense, especially a DT, is running yards allowed...these are box scores in some games...check rushing yards, yards per carry....and is this monster named Donald on the field in any of them?
Click me \/
Buffalo
Detroit
Arizona
NO
NE
Total breakdowns on the defensive side of the ball...Hell, Donald may have gotten kicked out of one of these games. He's not tearing up the position if we're allowing 550 yards...He's not going insane if we allow 40+ in back to back weeks...If you are allowing 4+ ypc on the season, the defense ISN'T dominating...they are playing average...

Pressures, hurries, and hits...these are new, made up stats, that only affect the game if something happens because of the hurry, pressure, or hit...What's it called if a QB throws a TD pass on a hurry, pressure, or hit? A TD pass, correct?

We've had one all pro this season, Hekker...Linval Joseph deserves to be in the probowl...Hell, so does the guy in SF(rookie)...And Calais Campbell...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Some key words you guys used...dominates, best year, insane year, tearing up the position....
Defensive guy here...key stat for a defense, especially a DT, is running yards allowed...these are box scores in some games...check rushing yards, yards per carry....and is this monster named Donald on the field in any of them?
Click me \/
Buffalo
Detroit
Arizona
NO
NE
Total breakdowns on the defensive side of the ball...Hell, Donald may have gotten kicked out of one of these games. He's not tearing up the position if we're allowing 550 yards...He's not going insane if we allow 40+ in back to back weeks...If you are allowing 4+ ypc on the season, the defense ISN'T dominating...they are playing average...

Pressures, hurries, and hits...these are new, made up stats, that only affect the game if something happens because of the hurry, pressure, or hit...What's it called if a QB throws a TD pass on a hurry, pressure, or hit? A TD pass, correct?

We've had one all pro this season, Hekker...Linval Joseph deserves to be in the probowl...Hell, so does the guy in SF(rookie)...And Calais Campbell...
So rush yards allowed is your only way of judging a DT? Okay then.

Donald leads the league in TFL(16)

That's not a made up stat. And it affects the game. And he's the best at it.

Again, you're justifying him not being the best based on our defense as a whole. But 4.1 ypc is still 14th in the NFL. And if you take away the 61 yarder vs the Saints(holding should have been called on Donald anyway), it goes down to 3.9. Which is top 10. Which isn't average.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Again, you're justifying him not being the best based on our defense as a whole. But 4.1 ypc is still 14th in the NFL. And if you take away the 61 yarder vs the Saints(holding should have been called on Donald anyway), it goes down to 3.9. Which is top 10. Which isn't average.
but you can't "take away" a 61 yard jaunt...
He makes splash plays...which are great...but down after down consistency....I don't see it...and I watch every snap. We don't have an all pro defense. We have a very good defensive line, that has under performed...that's not all pro...pro bowl type performances...it shows up in the stats...game stats..rushing yards...3rd down conversions...and WINS.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He makes splash plays...which are great...but down after down consistency....I don't see it...and I watch every snap. We don't have an all pro defense. We have a very good defensive line, that has under performed...that's not all pro...pro bowl type performances...it shows up in the stats...game stats..rushing yards...3rd down conversions...and WINS.
But if it was called correctly we wouldn't be having this discussion. Our defense was playing at an all pro level nearly all season before the Saints game. And you have to take frustrations into account when you look at our defense. How many games have they won us by themselves these past couple years? Are you saying the losses are directly related to Aaron Donald and have nothing to do with our offenses inability to resemble an NFL offense?

You can say you watch every snap and don't see consistency. But I disagree whole heartedly. The guy brings it every week, every snap.

You cannot put it on one guys shoulder to carry an entire defense. Especially at his position.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Legatron4

one minute you're speaking of the defense is playing at an all pro level...the next you want to find one guy that can carry the team on it's shoulders, and say it ISN'T Donald. All pro players LEAD teams...Don't allow collapses...And while the loses are NOT entirely on him, the collapse of the defense, especially in the run D, sits squarely on his lap. Lots of guys bring it every week, it's results that matter. And with what, 42 tackles? 7 sacks? on a losing team??? IMHO, not pro bowl worthy...Linval Joseph, McCoy, Harrison, Campbell, Short, and look out for Nick Fairley...Not sure how many snaps he's played...but these guys have had great years....This is an average to below average year for Donald.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The fact that Donald does ANYTHING on plays when he's lined up next to Cam freaking Thomas... is mind-blowing.

You're trying to have your argument both ways. You're making TEAM based assessments and then using those on individual players.

Well, that would mean there are never any good players on teams with losing records and we KNOW that's not true.

You going to use the same metrics about Cleveland's OL to say that Joe Thomas isn't a Pro Bowl worthy LT because their overall sack rate and rush yards per game is low?

Cuz that's what you're doing with Donald.

Sorry, brother, but such an argument is so silly that if it weren't you, I probably woulda just said pssh and dismissed it as crazy talk.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No way Britt makes it. Way too many drops
Britt has 3 drops this year, and a drop rate of 2.8%. Same amount of drops, to name a few, as Larry Fitzgerald, DeAndre Hopkins, and Julio Jones; there drop rate are at 2.2, 2.2, and 2.7. He has fewer drops and drop rate than A.J. Green, Odell, Mike Evans, Edelman. I think Britt needed consistent big games, more yards, and way more touchdowns to make it to the pro bowl.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@Legatron4

one minute you're speaking of the defense is playing at an all pro level...the next you want to find one guy that can carry the team on it's shoulders, and say it ISN'T Donald. All pro players LEAD teams...Don't allow collapses...And while the loses are NOT entirely on him, the collapse of the defense, especially in the run D, sits squarely on his lap. Lots of guys bring it every week, it's results that matter. And with what, 42 tackles? 7 sacks? on a losing team??? IMHO, not pro bowl worthy...Linval Joseph, McCoy, Harrison, Campbell, Short, and look out for Nick Fairley...Not sure how many snaps he's played...but these guys have had great years....This is an average to below average year for Donald.
But it's not the Pro Stat Bowl.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Click me \/
Buffalo
Detroit
Arizona
NO
NE

Looking at Donald and saying the failures of other players are on him is ridiculous. It really is. It's a team game. If Donald does his job and forces the RB to re-direct and then Mark Barron misses his tackle and the RB scores, is that on him? No. It's not.

Pressures mean he's doing his job. He's getting pressure and forcing the QB to either throw the ball or get sacked. If the secondary can't hold up in that situation, that's not on him either. They should do their damn job.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Britt has 3 drops this year, and a drop rate of 2.8%. Same amount of drops, to name a few, as Larry Fitzgerald, DeAndre Hopkins, and Julio Jones; there drop rate are at 2.2, 2.2, and 2.7. He has fewer drops and drop rate than A.J. Green, Odell, Mike Evans, Edelman. I think Britt needed consistent big games, more yards, and way more touchdowns to make it to the pro bowl.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2016/

3 Drops? that's laughable. im not sure who is keeping those stats but he had more than that in one game 2 weeks ago.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Pro Bowl is here in Orlando this year. Tickets aren't very much... but since we're probably only gonna have Donald and Hekker I'm still on the fence about going.

I'll probably decide whether or not to go on the morning of... depending on the weather etc.

Buy from a scalper.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
3 Drops? that's laughable. im not sure who is keeping those stats but he had more than that in one game 2 weeks ago.
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9294&team=14

Laugh all you want. Another site, says the same. I trust stats over anyone's memory. It probably is more than three, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. My point being, he didn't have a lot of drops, and that isn't the reason he didn't make the pro bowl.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looking at Donald and saying the failures of other players are on him is ridiculous. It really is. It's a team game. If Donald does his job and forces the RB to re-direct and then Mark Barron misses his tackle and the RB scores, is that on him? No. It's not.

Pressures mean he's doing his job. He's getting pressure and forcing the QB to either throw the ball or get sacked. If the secondary can't hold up in that situation, that's not on him either. They should do their damn job.
All pros to me are players that lift other players around them. Indicated by all-world stats. Our D is 20th...against the run...that's on Donald's watch. Pressures mean he's trying...doing you job is sacks, strip sacks, forced fumbles, passes defensed (batted passes) and TACKLES.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
All pros to me are players that lift other players around them. Indicated by all-world stats. Our D is 20th...against the run...that's on Donald's watch. Pressures mean he's trying...doing you job is sacks, strip sacks, forced fumbles, passes defensed (batted passes) and TACKLES.

You're saying the same things over and over again. I'll agree to disagree.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

So after watching every snap ... hoed many times has Donald being doubled team ? ... how many times has the offense dedicated themselves to stopping Donald and letting the rest of the oline win their battles on their own .. because that needs to be taken into consideration don't ya think

AD is game planned for make no mistakes about .. leads DT in TfL's and I also believe sacks (i could be wrong there )... and as we all know for pro bowl voting stats and name is all that matters

I couldn't care less if AD had a down year or that other players were more deserving .. players have been going to the pro bowl on name recognition for years im just glad its one of ours

AD is clearly by far and away out best player on D .. heck he might be the best player on this team

Last edited: