What the Chargers fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Funny thing is I tried to sign up for an account so I could educate these bonehead but they won't accept my request.
What username did you use?

Try signing up with ChargersFTW or something like that. lol.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
that wasn't dirty. Fisher just saw the needle still in his leg and tried to knock it out for him. That's all.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I like how he was there and saw Fisher order it first hand, like maybe this guy is an incredible lip reader?
Maybe Fisher literally spelt it out on one of the giant poster boards the defensive coaches pull out? One of these is the logical explanation because players just don't get hurt!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He is on the competition committee for pete's sake!

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Makes me laugh how much these Chargers fans think they "know" about our team. They continually reference our sack totals, ppg, and run D. As I mentioned on the first page of the thread you can throw those stats out the window. What Chargers fans should be worried about is what we've done defensively the last 3 games. What happened the first 4-5 weeks of the season is ancient history, if we Rams fans thought that way the Chargers would be one of the best teams in the NFL.

But in this league its "what have you done for me lately?" And the Rams have delivered.

So many fans saying they have Matthews back and that they're gonna tear us up because we're around middle of the pack in rushing D stats. The stat they need is that we've allowed 56 yards rushing in 2 games.

They're only 25th in sacks, yeah and we've also sacked Kaepernick and Wilson 11 times in 2 games. How do you think a battered Rivers is going to fare? I'm not suggesting we'll get 6 sacks (we very well could), but its ignorant to suggest the Rams don't pressure the QB. We certainly aren't 25th best at pressuring the QB.

I think Chargers fan as a whole know very little about our team. I can understand in a way because we don't get much national exposure and we play SD once every 4 years. Still I expected more.

I'm sure Chargers fans don't know that over the past 5 years we've covered the TE as well as any team. Countless good-great TEs have had little impact in contests against us. That's a tribute to JL, Tree, and our safties. Gates and Rivers have great chemistry, as good as any QB/WR combo in the NFL, so expect Rivers to test even the tightest of coverages. I could see Gates turning in a respectable 6-70-1 TD. Still in my book that's limiting him from having a huge impact on the game.

As much as I like Allen and Floyd I think their skills sets play right into our defenses hands. Our CBs are most vulnerable with speed WRs. But Allen & Floyd are neither; they are 2 big bodied WRs who rely on good route running. My only concern would be Jenks biting on a good Allen route. I'd prefer to see Tru on Allen.

Offensively unless we make stupid mistakes like penalties and turnovers I give us the clear edge vs their D. Liuget and Reyes are solid, not great DEs. Freeney's best football is behind him. Flowers and Verrett are solid, but undersized. Britt could exploit that. I also think this is a potential Tavon Austin breakout game. The Chargers can't match his speed. The only Pro Bowl, elite level player I worry about is Eric Weddle. He's just a great all around safety. Covers ground well, hits hard, and tackles.

Ultimately I think this game is settled in the trenches where we have a sizable advantage on both sides of the football. This is also another game where I think we hold an offense under 20. The GREAT play on D will continue!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
What username did you use?

Try signing up with ChargersFTW or something like that. lol.
I used my standard BigRamFan. Can't imagine what the problem is.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102255

I watched that game, and i can honestly say the Broncos came out as flat as we did against Miami, I think they expected to win that game without much effort, at least they played like it anyways. The Rams were scary on Defense last week. They are an inconsistent bunch and have to travel to the west coast. Fans are freaking out because we barely won a game In a month we were 2-11 over the last few years not to mention we won a game off the bye week when we historically have a losing record in those games. If you understand how muscles tighten up when not in use then you undertand the term "Rusty". Still, we needed the Bye to get guys back and those guys made the difference in that game yesterday. We will Handle the Rams and it can't come soon enough, the over reaction on these boards needs to be put to sleep. It's beyond ridiculous IMO.
----------------------------------------
Rivers does and always gives us the best chance to win. Even though he is playing crappy that doesn't mean I think he should be benched. And you really believe he doesn't give us the best chance right now? Throw the back up QB behind our o-line right now and trust me it will not be a good move. If they were going to do that, they should of done it against the Raiders in the second half. Its not happening.
Agreed Rivers needs to start, BUT, I feel that if we can successfully run the ball and get a lead that way, he should be pulled in favor of Clemens, Rib Injuries make a QB's life miserable when tossing the rock, he needs to heal.
------------------------------------------
The proof of him not giving us the best chance to win right now is in the last 4 games. He's playing injured, and the injury has effected his range of motion and his ability to effectively pass the ball. He also can't pull the trigger on his passes as fast as before, and maybe it's a painkiller to deal with whatever pain he's experiencing, but his decision making is also a little slow on the field. He isn't playing like his usual self. He's not thinking as fast. Not spiking the ball before the second half with 17 seconds to go is both on him, and the coaching staff on the sidelines. But with 17 seconds two more plays could have been executed before we had to kick a field goal. As competitive and smart as he is, a healthy Rivers would have spiked that ball, and not looked to the sidelines to make that decision. He would have just known to do that.

So, No , I don't think Rivers, in his present condition, gives the Chargers the best chance to win right now. Let him heal for the playoffs. Start Clemons.
I think Rivers should start this game, and if he looks bad by the end of the 1st quarter, they should throw Clemons in. Why not? What's to lose at this point?

Rivers doesn't need to take anymore hits right now. Let the poor man rest up for Week 13 and the Ravens on the road. The season may still be salvageable if we lose to the Rams on Sunday.... but if we lose to the Ravens in Week 13, most likely that is the end of the story right then and there.
This will be a tricky game, we have to neutralize that dline, I expect Royal to be a big part of the game plan with screens, reverses, etc.

The Rams' offense is better with Hill. If we can't get pressure, he can put up numbers on us.
-----------------------------------------
I think if we played in St. Louis I'd give us a 10% chance of winning but at home I'm leaning towards 75% chance.
StL has scored an avg 16 points in road games and I doubt they can make their avg vs the current Chargers D.
The great St Louis rams fans are know for traveling to away games. Throw in the left over LA rams fans and there may not be room for a single Chargers fan next Sunday.
I think you're basing that on the 'Turd showing. It's a sad fact that SD has a lot of wannabes who like to put on Star Wars costumes/makeup and swear at the clean cut, rosy cheeked Chargers faithful but I still think 20,000 in the stands is a high estimate. Many are too drunk and/or high by game time to make it through the gate. It just seems that way 'cause the ones that do are so obnoxious.

There are some lingering LA Rams fans in So Cal but they aren't strong enough at their age to make much noise.
I don't know, but I feel as if the Bolts will come out with a win against the Rams. They are coming off of an emotional high against Manning. They played a great game because they were focused. Focused on beating Manning. Beating Rivers is do-able for them, but I believe the Defense will keep it close enough to where the Bolts could win it in the 4th Qtr. Keeping the momentum going beyond beating Denver would be a lot for any team. Especially St. Louis. Call me crazy, but I am optimistic.
Haven't worked my way through the whole thread, but someone reading most of it would be shocked to realize that the Chargers are 5.5 point favorites.

They'd also be shocked to realize the red-hot Rams are 2-2 in their last four and have given up 30+ on the road twice in that time.

Good win for the Rams last week, but let's look at them in the same way that people look at the Chargers. They are 4-6. The defense, which one poster suggested may be best in the league, ranks 17th in yards per game (Chargers are 9th) and 25th in points per game (Chargers are 6th).

Their offense is 29th in yards per game and 27th in points per game.

I can see not taking them lightly after their win against Denver, but they are on the road and are a below average team on both sides of the ball.
---------------------------------------------
Those are all fair points, but your stats include the whole season, during the early part of which the Chargers played against weak opponents. The Chargers have looked pretty bad of late, and the Rams just beat one of the top teams in the league. And the Chargers lost to KC at home and barely beat an 0-8 team at home. Plenty of reason for concern.
---------------------------------------------

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
These guys really do love their stats. It says a lot about how much they actually know this team. Obviously Rivers is getting beat up because "our OL has to play better" and "sore ribs" keeps coming up. I always love the "they're dirty" comments. It makes them sound like a bunch of panzies.

If they watch this teams week one perfamance and the Denver game, they'de be pretty surprised on how far we've come and those stats are badly skewed.

And there's been three RB'S all year that had good games against us. They were TB, KC, and DAL . That's it.

And last I checked, their defense or offense isn't as good as Denver's.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The guy who says Gates will stick it in Fisher's face kills me...Fisher won't be trying to handle Gates, but the safety corps will...Even a big guy like him might get tired of the bone-crushing body shots to the rib area that he will be in for going across the middle...(Especially if Rivers gets a bit high with his throws to him)...

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
These guys really do love their stats. It says a lot about how much they actually know this team. Obviously Rivers is getting beat up because "our OL has to play better" and "sore ribs" keeps coming up. I always love the "they're dirty" comments. It makes them sound like a bunch of panzies.

If they watch this teams week one perfamance and the Denver game, they'de be pretty surprised on how far we've come and those stats are badly skewed.

And there's been three RB'S all year that had good games against us. They were TB, KC, and DAL . That's it.

And last I checked, their defense or offense isn't as good as Denver's.

And I wouldn't even count KC. Charles, imo a top 5 RB, didn't even reach 70 yards. Had a good ypc, but was skewed by his big run when the game started to get away. I'd say the only true lackluster/terrible performance was against Rainey. I can deal with holding the leagues top rusher to 100 yards. What makes us so lethal vs the run is that we are THE TOP team (or very close) in TFLs. Donald, TJ McDonald, Quinn, etc. have been huge

RamzFanz

Damnit
FWIW, Fisher is 0-7 against the Chargers in his career as a coach.

Thanks for sharing.

1114.gif

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And I wouldn't even count KC. Charles, imo a top 5 RB, didn't even reach 70 yards. Had a good ypc, but was skewed by his big run when the game started to get away. I'd say the only true lackluster/terrible performance was against Rainey. I can deal with holding the leagues top rusher to 100 yards. What makes us so lethal vs the run is that we are THE TOP team (or very close) in TFLs. Donald, TJ McDonald, Quinn, etc. have been huge

Yep, the run defense has actually been really good when you actually look at what the RB's did. It's the inflated stats that the QB's and PM's pick up that skew the numbers. The average fan doesn't see that, though.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Clemons is surely better than an injured Rivers. I'd give him all first team snaps and practice the whole team 20 hours a day. This team needs more practice and coaching.

We have players and the coaches need to help them realize their potential. I mean come on already, look at our offense struggling. With our elite WR's,possibly the best TE duo in the NFL, and what I consider a top 3 RB combo it is just NOT OK to play as poorly as they have.
--------------------------------------

This guy is ready to make the decisions

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
---------------------------------
neutralize the pass rush.

screens, some quick slants.

that pass rush is fearsome. they have a really good defense.
---------------------------------
Shott should be reading this, football 101

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
this was the second site I had seen it on. the other was I think the official san diego chargers forum or something. but the amount of agreement and responses to those threads is what got me. only a small sprinkle of disagreement.
Yeah - I'm just saying that no one on the Rams team gives a shit about what Dolts fan says. It's great for us to put up there and ridicule though. No problem there.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
They are just trying to put anything out there as an excuse for the beat down they know is coming.