What the Chargers fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First off, thank you @Prime Time for doing these threads every week for us. They're always fun and interesting reads.
I'll get it started this week.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102255

Chargers vs Rams discussion

Let's forget this game quickly. Ugly wins still count... next up: The red hot Rams.
----------------------------
Rivers got hurt against the Raiders D line.

I'm scared about what's gonna happen to him vs the Rams D line.
----------------------------
The O line can't protect
sm-17.gif
and Rams have maybe the best D line in football.

Winnable game for us because their offense is as inept if not more than the Raiders but their defense is just something else.
-----------------------------
Sorry to say but this game is going to be ugly. Rivers is going to get demolished much much more than he was today.
If McCoy is smart he'll start Clemens, plus then we get a better draft pick.
Flashback 2 months ago, this was a gimmie Win when Bradford went down. Now it looks like one of the toughest games.

I don't see how we score more that twice offensively. Hope we get the running game taking another step forward.
------------------------------
All I have to say is if they thought the Raiders D and their front four was a load to handle, then they got a whole 'nother thing coming to them. With the way the O-line was playing today, they might as well put Philip on suicide watch. I'm worried about him.
Sorry to say we'll lose against the Rams. As has already been stated, their D is a beast. RM had a decent day today but most of that was him bouncing outside when there wasn't a whole to run through. I don't see that happening against the Rams and the pressure on Rivers will be huge and often. I expect PR to try and make something happen and as a result will throw two picks. Our short passing game brings the secondary that much closer to the LS and will allow them to help support the run D......Rams 20 Bolts 6
We won. We're getting healthier with each passing day. There are some positives here guys... But as usual it's the same guys that come on here every week and cry about this team.
we need to sign incognito don't care what charger fans say
Incognito sucks, and is a cancer.

The Donks need Oline help as bad as us, are going all in, show a much greater propensity to take personality risks, and STILL didn't sign him.

We don't need to sign Incognito, and I don't care what Charger fans say.
-------------------------------
I agree that the O-Line hasn't looked great so far and probably isn't going to get much better. No argument from me there.

But I think the unit as a whole was off today, not just the offensive line. Rivers was off, Allen was off and Gates was a non factor.
--------------------------------
They(Rams) are going to let down after beating the dons at their home. Hopefully the bolts don't see squeaking buy the 0-9 raiders as an accomplishment.
----------------------------------
Gates stated that Rivers has been playing with a tremendous rib injury the past few weeks, Rivers is so tough the team probably doesn't know they are probably broken ribs, and heck maybe he was playing on another torn ACL. He is one tough dude.
Our Oline is sub par period not average, sub par. Any help we can get to finish the season is worth a look....I mean seriously did you watch our Oline the last few games? They've been shoved backwards so fast they could have broke the sound barrier....
---------------------------------
I think we are lucky that the Rams beat the Broncos today because if there's one thing the Rams have been this season, it's inconsistent. They are yet to put two wins together, and two of their impressive wins were at home (one against a division rival) and another on the road AT a division rival.

Should be a good game regardless.
------------------------------------
If I were rivers I would buy my o line a very fancy dinner... And call it the last supper.
We will beat the Rams by a minimum of 10 points.
-----------------------------------
Rams are gonna be tough, but remember, it's an NFC team. Losing will hurt but not as much as the next 3 afterwords.

Still, a win is needed.
Their defense has been as inconsistent as ours. They have a lot of big names, but they had only one sack until the Seattle game this year.
Its all about match ups.
The rams took apart the Donks today. That doesn't mean they will vs the bolts. Will it be tough., Of course.
this is a bad match up for this team but I still expect us to win. Their offense isn't great but neither is ours right now. I think if anything we squeak out another close one in the high teens. We shall see. Who knows with this team right now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I liked this one best :

"If McCoy is smart he'll start Clemens, plus then we get a better draft pick."

Here's a team 1 game out of first place ready to pull the plug for a draft pick. Crazy stuff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.utsandiego.com/showthread.php?s=2fb4dfa5e74d200163b02784f90e85c2&t=128776

Rams Week - Let's get this MoFo Started

To all my fellow Boltheads
F* the Rams
The Rams D-Line scares me
-------------------------------
In order for the Chargers to have a chance against the Rams, they have to be able to run the ball. This starts by getting FIRST DOWNS RUNNING THE BALL. The problem with relying on Rivers throwing on 3rd and long is that a) the defense knows what we are doing and b) it is a low percentage play.

In order to get first downs by running the ball, generally, you have to be working from 2nd and 3rd with short distance. That means we may have to pass on first down instead of running.

In order for ANY of this to happen, the line has to start working more effectively and efficiently. I'm not sure that's likely to happen any time soon.
Chargers open as 6.5 point favorites.
neutralize the pass rush.

screens, some quick slants.

that pass rush is fearsome. they have a really good defense.
After today's game they are 18th in yards allowed per game and 25th in points allowed. They also only have 19 sacks (23rd in the league). The Chargers have faced much better defenses.

For comparison sake, the Charger D is 6th in points allowed/game and 9th in yards/game.
Be ready for anything with Coach Fisher.

SierraRam

Recreational User
if there's one thing the Rams have been this season, it's inconsistent

This guy's right, so far, but I really think we've turned a corner. Our D is fired up and hitting on all cylinders. They've finally reached the potential we all predicted earlier this year. Let's put this "inconsistent" BS to rest once and for all. @RamzFanz says we'll win out and go 10-6. Why not? The league has taken notice - Whiners, Shithawks, Donkeys - The Rams have arrived!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What I notice about opposing fans is they're Really worried early after seeing our highlights then get bolder as the week goes on. Chargers don't scare me at all. Rams don't really play any worse or better on the road, either.

SD better prepare for pain because it's coming.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Their defense has been as inconsistent as ours. They have a lot of big names, but they had only one sack until the Seattle game this year.

Inconsistent early in the year, but not recently. This 3-game stretch of dominance on D are the stats fans should really be concerned with. Chargers are meeting us at the wrong time. Here are some misconceptions opposin fanbases/media have made about our defense:

BAD RUN D
  • This is skewed by 3 bad performances to start the year. After the Dallas game we are allowing 97.3 ypg and have yet to allow a 100 yard rusher. Opposing RBs have scored just 5 TDs against us all year (3 coming @ KC).
  • Even more recently lets focus on our 3 weeks of dominance. Teams have rushed 53 times for 136 yards at a measly 2.6 ypc and 0 TDs. A mere 45.3 ypg in this stretch.
NON EXISTENT PASS RUSH
  • Again our friend in the above quote forgets that we had one sack BEFORE the Seattle game. Are they playing the before-the-Seattle-game-Rams-D? No they are playing the post-Seattle-game Rams who have registered 18 of their 19 sacks in a 5 week period.
YOU CAN PUT UP POINTS ON THEIR D
  • The first 7 games of the season teams scored: 34, 17, 34, 34, 31, 26, 34 against us. That's an average of 30 points per game. The past 3 games though we've only allowed 48 points, and only 34 being surrendered on D. That's an average of 11.3 ppg.
A lot of misnomers. This D is becoming rock solid. Oh and btw Rivers is ailing w/rib and knee injuries. Already isn't that mobile of a QB. Wait til he meets Mr. Donald & Mighty Quinn, and possibly even Long!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Watch us beat the Chargers next only to lose to the Raiders afterwards...

404217_448476815190297_1119742689_n.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit
Inconsistent early in the year, but not recently. This 3-game stretch of dominance on D are the stats fans should really be concerned with. Chargers are meeting us at the wrong time. Here are some misconceptions opposin fanbases/media have made about our defense:

BAD RUN D
  • This is skewed by 3 bad performances to start the year. After the Dallas game we are allowing 97.3 ypg and have yet to allow a 100 yard rusher. Opposing RBs have scored just 5 TDs against us all year (3 coming @ KC).
  • Even more recently lets focus on our 3 weeks of dominance. Teams have rushed 53 times for 136 yards at a measly 2.6 ypc and 0 TDs. A mere 45.3 ypg in this stretch.
NON EXISTENT PASS RUSH
  • Again our friend in the above quote forgets that we had one sack BEFORE the Seattle game. Are they playing the before-the-Seattle-game-Rams-D? No they are playing the post-Seattle-game Rams who have registered 18 of their 19 sacks in a 5 week period.
YOU CAN PUT UP POINTS ON THEIR D
  • The first 7 games of the season teams scored: 34, 17, 34, 34, 31, 26, 34 against us. That's an average of 30 points per game. The past 3 games though we've only allowed 48 points, and only 34 being surrendered on D. That's an average of 11.3 ppg.
A lot of misnomers. This D is becoming rock solid. Oh and btw Rivers is ailing w/rib and knee injuries. Already isn't that mobile of a QB. Wait til he meets Mr. Donald & Mighty Quinn, and possibly even Long!

It's a whole different team. Opposing fans will be slow to wake up.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
"Their defense has been as inconsistent as ours. They have a lot of big names, but they had only one sack until the Seattle game this year."

LOL, keep thinking that.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
When is the last time you read opposing fans so worried about playing the Rams?

Kind of cool if you ask me, I could get used to this

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked this one best :

"If McCoy is smart he'll start Clemens, plus then we get a better draft pick."

Here's a team 1 game out of first place ready to pull the plug for a draft pick. Crazy stuff.

Seriously, I can't stand these types of fans. The only thing I want to see my team do is win. Learn how to win. know how to win. Then keep winning. Can't do that by losing and getting better draft picks.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it when the opposing fans are really cocky, cause they look at misleading stats, or recent years of Rams futility..not recognizing this team is not a normal 4 win team. We have as much talent as anybody on this team, and they are starting to gel...

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I love when these idiots rattle off statistics and ranks. I've never looked at pure numbers and thought the Rams would win cus of this or that number. look at the Cards numbers! no way in hell do those numbers say 9-1. but I guess you can't fix stupid with some ppl

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
These comments really surprised me. Coming out of San Diego, the only thing I expected to hear is...

"The waves are firing Brah!"

TexasRam

Legend
This one had me rolling...

If I were rivers I would buy my o line a very fancy dinner... And call it the last supper.