What the Chargers fans are saying...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Chargers are gonna be a tough game. They play good all around ball despite their 3 game skid they had before that Raiders game.

Rams offense vs Chargers defense... The Chargers have the advantage. They're almost top 5 in yards allowed through the air. Not great at sacks/pressure but good solid pass defense. Also above average vs the run, don't give up big runs but do allow a steady 4.4 ypc average.

Chargers offense vs Rams defense... Very close matchup IMO. Chargers have Matthews back now which should boost their bottom-feeding rushing attack. Their passing game is average (thus much better than ours). It's a wash, to be honest.

I'm expecting a close game, probably relatively low scoring. Tough matchup for the Rams to come in there and get another big win, but certainly doable. Mason getting steady amount of carries is a key for the Rams, keep that balance going in order to at least play field position.

Penguin.

Rookie
If I were rivers I would buy my o line a very fancy dinner... And call it the last supper.

This one had me rolling.

But their run D isn't good enough for us. These past three-four weeks we played TOP TIER running defenses.

iced

Chargers are gonna be a tough game. They play good all around ball despite their 3 game skid they had before that Raiders game.

Rams offense vs Chargers defense... The Chargers have the advantage. They're almost top 5 in yards allowed through the air. Not great at sacks/pressure but good solid pass defense. Also above average vs the run, don't give up big runs but do allow a steady 4.4 ypc average.

Chargers offense vs Rams defense... Very close matchup IMO. Chargers have Matthews back now which should boost their bottom-feeding rushing attack. Their passing game is average (thus much better than ours). It's a wash, to be honest.

I'm expecting a close game, probably relatively low scoring. Tough matchup for the Rams to come in there and get another big win, but certainly doable. Mason getting steady amount of carries is a key for the Rams, keep that balance going in order to at least play field position.

chargers are also pretty banged up..

one consist theme about the rams - if they can run the ball, they can do well.....when your qb doesnt turn the ball over it makes a big difference,

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102255

If the OL plays like it did today, and the Rams DL played like it did today, I think we're hosed.

But then, they perhaps won't play so well as they did today and we perhaps won't play so poorly.

Our defense needs to keep rolling to give us a chance.
-------------------------------------
Rivers is going to get KILLED ( reply )> St Louis STYLE RIBS? (reply)> Jeff Fisher's Dirty Style Ribs.

Sign Merriman for 1 game and point him toward Fisher's knees.
I'm worried about their defense. Anyone who stops Peyton Manning from scoring more than 7 points deserves praise and recognition.
It is definitely a trap game. I believe next week will be a mirror from today. The W will depend a LOT on our D.
The rams are about to go down in smoke.. they are fixing to choke on a lighting bolt.. There will be thunder at the Q.. The super chargers will get their due. Time to tax them clowns the chargers are super bowl bound.
Man its gonna be a hard hitting, smash mouth game if they play like they did against denver. Going to need abetter overall offensive showing..
It's not even a trap game.
Clemons is surely better than an injured Rivers. I'd give him all first team snaps and practice the whole team 20 hours a day. This team needs more practice and coaching.

We have players and the coaches need to help them realize their potential. I mean come on already, look at our offense struggling. With our elite WR's,possibly the best TE duo in the NFL, and what I consider a top 3 RB combo it is just NOT OK to play as poorly as they have.
--------------------------------------
Rams must be a typical dome team that can't play outdoors.(in reference to the betting line which was favoring S.D. by 6.5 at the time)
(reply) > I don't think playing outdoors in SD will be too hard on the Rams, they did kick the 49'ers butts at Levi's. Let's hope Rivers ribs feel better and we can start throwing on this team
They are coming off a huge win at home where everything went well for them. Now they are traveling to play a beat up frustrated team that understands the pressure of winning during the home stretch. Look for Gates to stick it in Fisher's face all day long.
My game plan against this Rams D-line is heavy doses of Gates, Green, and delayed runs up the gut.
We should easily crush STL this weekend because they only have FOUR wins. If we don't, on top of how we played against OAK, I think it's safe to say that MM(HC Mike McCoy) and TT(GM Tom Telesco) have to be held accountable. We are even worse now than we were with Norv and AJ.
----------------------------------------
We won't crush the lambs. Rivers has a rib injury. Fishers teams always play physical and dirty. It is our house so I predict a win. Not a cakewalk though.
-----------------------------------------
Denver had a bad game, StL played well. it happens.
In their 5 road games, the Rams won squeakers @ TB & SF, lost badly to Phi, KC & Ari, giving up over 30 points each.
They'll struggle vs our defense. If we don't screw up on O or STs, we should win a close one.
If the Chargers O finds it's legs, we can win convincingly.
The Denver massacre was an anomaly for Stl thus far. Let's keep it that way.
------------------------------------------
I think we win vs the Rams. no matter how good their front 7 is. With the return of Ingram, Attachou and Teo on defense, our defense will keep the Rams offense in check, and with the return of Mathews , the Chargers running game is improved, so I think defense, ball control, and play action, wins it for the Chargers. Oh yeah, and we score more points then the Rams. That always helps.
-------------------------------------------
The Rams have probably the best pass rush of any of the teams we've faced. They're pretty inept at times on offense. I am concerned for Rivers life not only his health as our oline is about as bad as it gets right now.
-------------------------------------------
There are things that can be put into the game plan that will mitigate their rush......but the o-line still needs to perform reasonably well.

If the defense plays well, this game will be a low scoring toss up......
---------------------------------------------
We will need a good performance from this defense as I feel the Rams defense is better than the Raiders defense and we had issues moving the ball on them
----------------------------------------------
The Rams most certainly do not have the best pass rush we have faced. That title would belong to Miami/KC or Denver.

The Rams have a very good front four. Their front seven has struggled to get sacks. Their back end can be beat. We are not facing the 1970's Steelers D. Our O line has to play better. If they do we win this game. It's really that simple.
-----------------------------------------------
We need to match their physicality right off the bat. There Dfence is good, we have to play charger football and sustain drives via run or quick pass. (Did you guys see how they man handled denver on the long ball!) I dont know why Pagano doesn't due stunts with our front Dline and LB's, the one time we got to Carr was a stunt. Need to switch it up from saftey and ILB blitz
------------------------------------------------
How in the heck are we going to "score more points" when our O-line couldn't stop a High School varsity squad?

Are you now claiming that Rivers is suddenly, on Sunday, going to become the greatest NFL scrambler since Fran Tarkenton?

I'm sorry, but not only is their defense just as good, if not better than ours, but our offense isn't going anywhere. Hello, one (1) touchdown in 8 quarters of play? Have you been paying attention?

Rams win this one.
------------------------------------------------
It was great to have a lot of the defensive players back for the Raider game...
The offense has just disappeared in the last 4 weeks...
If Rivers is hurt like the rumors say, that may help explain his lack of passing accuracy and how his passes have little velocity...

Still can't explain his decision making, but our receivers do not seem to get much seperation....The short crossing patterns keep the defense close to the line of scrimmage....WE have become very predictable, and that may help explain the poor offensive performance of late..

Of course there is always the obvious, we just aren't very good.
---------------------------------------------------
We aren't very good because our O line stinks.
Run the ball.. short pass plays that is how u help a porous line.... And 10, 5 yard plays is as good as 1 , 50 yard play.. (Ryan Matthews) will have a good game.
The loss of Danny Woodhead is HUGE to this team. We will need to keep another TE in for Philip and get rid of the ball fast! Frank Reich had better start looking at other plays in the playbook this week. Does it look like the WR's are just getting the separation they normally do? It's a big problem.
The WRs are not beating man coverage, at least not fast enough. PR cannot get rid of the ball fast enough as the Ds are taking away the short stuff. They are daring us to beat them deep and due to our O line issues we cannot. The O line just needs to play better, period. A run game would do wonders and we have the RBs. Just need to open up some holes for them.
----------------------------------------------------
We'll score 17 points, and they'll score 10. Charger win. We'll win the game running the ball, and dumping it off, while our defense completely controls their offense. And we actually don't need Rivers to play this game to win the game. Clemons could easily win this one. Rams are lambs.
----------------------------------------------------
We punted 9 times on Sunday. At home. Against the worst team in the NFL.

Our O-line doesn't exist. I just don't see us winning the Rams.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hahaha dude Clemons is not going to play. And you think a back up QB can easily win this behind our o-line? Doesn't matter who you put back there right now, they will get eaten alive by the rams d-line.
------------------------------------------------------
Play good D, STs, don't turn it over. St Louis is a little better than Oakland on offense but not much. #29 to Oak's #32.
The current Chargers defense hasn't allowed a TD since getting several top players back.
What's so magical about the Rams DL? They are ranked 25th in points allowed, 23rd in sacks.
Beating the Donks at StL was one game. The Rams were crushed on the road at Phi, KC & Ari, barely squeaked out a win at TB & SF.
we should play 2 QB formations. Clemens up front, Rivers behind him. Let Clemens take all the hits and sacks. now that's a real plan!

Kidding aside, the Broncos, we generous enough to offer us a blue print on how not to play the Rams, just like they offered a free blue print of how not to play the seahawks. I say we will capitalize on their generosity.
-------------------------------------------------------
They also sacked Kap 9 times in one game. They can play good defense and they can get pressure. They got pressure on Manning. San Frans o-line is bad, ours is HORRIFIC imagine what they can do to us.

(reply)>All the more reason why you don't play the immobile, already injured, Phillip Rivers against them. Let the more mobile Clemons hand the ball off to Mathews and Oliver, establish a running game, and then execute play action pass plays underneath coverage. Rinse and repeat. Our defense will keep us in the game, and get us the ball. Our punter and special teams are better than theirs. We only have to score one more point than them to win. I think we win by at least one touchdown. Rams are lambs.
--------------------------------------------------------
what's magical is they are peaking right now. That's all. They may not be good enough for the long haul and the entire season, but right now that line is doing great and on a tear.

But then streaks are meant to be broken. That line, like any other line, can get spanked on any given sunday. Hopefully this sunday
---------------------------------------------------------
They are ranked 18th against the run which tells me (Ryan Matthews) could have a good day. If Rivers is hurt let RM and (Branden Oliver) carry the load for this game.
Mathews is a good receiving back so maybe use him that way too. I miss Woodhead.
I say if Rivers is that banged up then we need to rest him
Kap is mobile more mobile than Clemons and our o-line is worst...doesn't matter who is put back there. Pressure is going to come. I just trust Rivers under pressure more than Clemons

(reply) > And so you would risk hurting the injured franchise quarterback even more, and maybe ending his season, by placing his in front the Ram front four that you are so afraid of. Not smart. If they are as dangerous as you say, why risk Rivers? Risk the back up.but offset the Ram front four with run plays to slow them down. And throw short passes. Clemons can handle that. I don't want to risk Rivers, if the Rams are as scarey as you think.
Our best friend is actually Greg Williams. He's quite inconsistent in how he calls the defense. It's why the Rams only had one sack until the Seattle game. Plus, Jeff Fisher has a history of losing to Rivers.
Rivers is at risk behind this o-line no matter what. The rams are scary on defense right now. But guess what you can sit him and then bring him back in Baltimore and they bring pressure to. He can still get hurt. Oh and guess what we still have to play Ware and Miller, Hali & Houston, and San Fran

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Quite a few maroons on there. Now I'm gonna have to sign up on that board to provide them some football education. :party:

@RamzFanz , you with me?

tonyl711

Starter
its funny how we beat both NFC championship game participants and both super bowl participants yet that is totally overlooked, we are on the back end of a stretch of games where we played all play off teams from last year or had at least 10 wins, and with a win sunday we come out of that murderous 8 game stretch 4 and 4. this is a statement game for the RAMS win this one and there cant be much doubt that this RAMS team is a team you don't want to play.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I want a complete dominating game with more scoring by the good guys. Say 45 to 0. 24 pts by the O, 14 by the D, and 7 for ST. Chargers don't cross the 50. That would be sweet.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/showthread.php?10445-Need-a-Way-to-get-FIRED-UP-about-the-Rams

Need a Way to get FIRED UP about the Rams?

All you need to do is look no further than their coach, Jeff Fisher. This POS ordered his offensive lineman David Stewart (another POS) to take out Shawn Merriman's knees with a dirty block from behind in the December 2007 regular season game. I was there to witness it first hand. Then, the asshole a month later ordered his crew to take out Gates with an equally dirty play at the Q during the January 2008 playoff game. This could have cost us the Super Bowl as Gates limped around for the rest of the playoffs that year. And as we know, Merriman was never the same after his dirty takedown.

Fisher is a major piece-of-shit and must be taught a lesson this Sunday. This needs to go up on the bulletin board.

- Ive seen this bullshit on more than one forum site. I'm not familiar with the incidents they're talking about but I know its made up garbage. forget the fact that these idiots love throwing out meaningless statistics to predict their wins, now they're talking shit about Fisher targeting players from 6 and 7 years ago. And the amount of agreement by their fans on this issue just shows what kind of fans the Chargers have. Keep spewing your lies Bolt fans it'll be hell on Earth for you in San Diego next week!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
http://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/showthread.php?10445-Need-a-Way-to-get-FIRED-UP-about-the-Rams

Need a Way to get FIRED UP about the Rams?

All you need to do is look no further than their coach, Jeff Fisher. This POS ordered his offensive lineman David Stewart (another POS) to take out Shawn Merriman's knees with a dirty block from behind in the December 2007 regular season game. I was there to witness it first hand. Then, the arsehole a month later ordered his crew to take out Gates with an equally dirty play at the Q during the January 2008 playoff game. This could have cost us the Super Bowl as Gates limped around for the rest of the playoffs that year. And as we know, Merriman was never the same after his dirty takedown.

Fisher is a major piece-of-crap and must be taught a lesson this Sunday. This needs to go up on the bulletin board.

- Ive seen this bullcrap on more than one forum site. I'm not familiar with the incidents they're talking about but I know its made up garbage. forget the fact that these idiots love throwing out meaningless statistics to predict their wins, now they're talking crap about Fisher targeting players from 6 and 7 years ago. And the amount of agreement by their fans on this issue just shows what kind of fans the Chargers have. Keep spewing your lies Bolt fans it'll be hell on Earth for you in San Diego next week!

Wow, the integrity on that site. We could learn a thing or two.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fisher is a major piece-of-crap and must be taught a lesson this Sunday. This needs to go up on the bulletin board.

Yeah but whose bulletin board? Not that anyone on the Rams would give a shit what a bolts fan would think or write but if a player said that about Fish, you could guarantee it would end up on the Rams bulletin board.

Some of these guys crack me up. They sure are badass and those keys on their keyboard better beware.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Well Merriman was dirty before the "dirty" play, soooooo.... I was pissed because I had to watch the dumbass sack Bulger 3 times the week after he had been busted for roids. He appealed for 3 weeks and eventually took his suspension, but he should have never played in that game in 2006. We were 4-2 heading into that game in 2006 and our season continued to spiral out of control following that loss

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
LOL.
That bastard Fisher could have prevented a shitty team that barely made the playoffs from winning the Superbowl.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FWIW, Fisher is 0-7 against the Chargers in his career as a coach.

lockdnram21

Legend
i want to know who theses elite wr are . i know they have K Allen but wouldnt call him elite

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Yeah but whose bulletin board? Not that anyone on the Rams would give a crap what a bolts fan would think or write but if a player said that about Fish, you could guarantee it would end up on the Rams bulletin board.

Some of these guys crack me up. They sure are badass and those keys on their keyboard better beware.
this was the second site I had seen it on. the other was I think the official san diego chargers forum or something. but the amount of agreement and responses to those threads is what got me. only a small sprinkle of disagreement.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Funny thing is I tried to sign up for an account so I could educate these bonehead but they won't accept my request.