What Steelers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WvuIN02

Starter
From everything Ive read on their boards, their fans seem very knowledgeable and most know what we know: the Rams dont suck, they are just very inconsistent and they dont want to run into the good Rams. Steeler fans though know Fisher very well back from the AFC central days, so they know what to expect and know how tough his Titans/Oiler teams were.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I always feel like every game is a must win!
But I agree with you, I'm not as worried about this win as being prepared for Ariz. next week!
So lets use this Steeler game to prep for the Cards, and WIN it!!

I'm all for the win over the steelers but I don't think we're ready. We don't have that luxury next week.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The one thing I have'nt seen said is how bad the patriots run "D" is as most of us saw DeAngelo Williams and his walker run up,over around and through the patriots. Then we are supposed to be impressed the steelers then passed all over the 9ers pass "D"? Yes the EMBARRASSMENT factor with our "D"'s Run stoppage should be back to the gang tackling we saw against seattle.

I agree we MUST RELEASE both Quick and Gurley and I'm afraid we might not see either. We can beat CB W. Gay and should go after him. No DROPS !!! and Buck up in a tight pocket Nick. LOOK DOWNFIELD again. The Britt pass that was practiced over and over paid off. I hope some deep balls to Austin have been practiced finally. We are overdue having this couple HOOKING UP...How many formations can we run the Jet sweep? Don't let anyone but TA run it. No more Givens on the Jet Sweep. Its been weeks since Quick had the no contact helmet removed and since then it was given and taken away from Gurley and still we have'nt seen Quick.

Is Quick in the witness protection program? WE would hate to see him taken down on that shoulder. I say throw him the Jump ball type pass over W. Gay who he will have a foot over. Cook can't drop as many catches in two games can he? Not as excited about the wide reciever draft this year either.

I think Miller will be a threat for them as we can't ever cover TE's. If JL does'nt have a career game to bounceback then we have to start looking at playing our FA.LB pickup AYERS a Bunch more at LB as he should be playing a hell of a lot more. Williams stop screwing us with poorly timed packages and stunts that backfire and you were at LEAST 2 QUARTERS slow in adjusting to the 3 tight End running setup the skins GOUGED us with.

Todd Haley OC for Pitt has a major ego and he loves to throw the ball so much. Yet he has to pump the brakes knowing they CAN win with TOP over us. WE NEED Turnovers!! Todd Haley must mix in the run especially after what the skins did to us. If not carefull we could get a 50 burger slapped on us.Fisher release all our WEAPONS NOW!!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
They may be on to something with the notion that our struggles aren't personnel related, but scheme related. That guy may be right, if it was personnel all the time we'd beat bad teams and lose to good teams in a more consistent manner.

Or he could be wrong. But I'm thinking that with the talent we have it could be a good point to explain most games.

Some games, like last one, seems to be being outcoached and out hustled.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
This shit always pisses me off. I don't mind a fan being a bit of a homer but the disrespect is getting old. Their D ain't shit, ours is FAR superior. But, that said. Big Ben is playing like the best QB in football. And having Bell coming back is scary. However, if any team can stop that O. It's us, coming off a loss that should have been an easy win, I am betting we bring the fire this week. Should be a great game.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
most of my family is from PA all Steelers fans. steelers fans are mostly a pretty classy group. had some lows but also a lot of highs but don't really gloat about it or act real cocky

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Seems like most their fans are confident their team can win. The way the Rams looked last game I can't blame them for that. The Rams are an on again off again type team. They were off last week. So there's a chance they're on again being that its a home game for them.

The bad news is, if that is the case then there's a good chance they're off the following week against the cardinals. If they could only win one game of the next two I'd rather it be the cardinals game.

But it doesn't work that way so they gotta try and take this next game. They're certainly capable. The defense is good enough to shut anyone down. The Steeler defense I watched the past couple weeks has holes. If Foles can be more accurate than he was in Washington the offense has a chance to put up points.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/heavy-dose-of-the-run-this-week.12398/

Heavy dose of the run this week?

I am hoping the Steelers will follow Skins example and try running the ball down Ram's throat. Rams team scares me, here will be a good test to judge our OL.
--------
Redskins? please don't make me look. I'm good with our offense and Houdini will be doing what he does best. We have so many weapons right now not to mention the return of Bell. If the boys play smart we leave Edward Jones with the win.
-------
I think you will see both I read the rams are giving up a completion rate of 81% so far this year. It seems the interior of their dline is awesome but the rest of the defense struggles.
-------
Well with a very good passing attack and what should be a formidable run game (considering the talent here), we should be able to exploit most defenses. That is why having a balanced offense creates such a problem for most teams unless they have an extraordinary all around defense. Even if we pla a eam with that, I still like our chances with Ben at QB.
-------
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/i-dont-feel-good-about-us-beating-the-rams.12375/

I don't feel good about us beating the Rams

I see this as a loss too. Rams D line is just too much for us. Stuff our run and Ben will throw 2 picks. we will be 1-2 against a hungry Rat team and might go 1-3. UGH

*green font*
--------
When I saw this game on the schedule before the season started, I wasn't worried.

When the Rams beat Seattle, I was worried

After the Rams game yesterday and our game, I'm not worried :yeehaw:
--------
Seattle just isn't Seattle anymore. However...matchups. Do we matchup with them? Bell will help tremendously against their strong front. Dump Dump pass :D
-------
The skins beat the rams yesterday, aren't we just a tad better than the pathetic skins????
-------
This will be a good opportunity to find out if the steelers can win on the road, or are they just homers???
-------
The Rams :hmm: I always feel uncomfortable when i see a scheduled road game. After watching the Hawks last night i believe we could beat the Rams without our starters
-------
Bell and Brown will be fast on the field turf indoors. The Rams seem to play better at home, they beat the seahawks at home and then looked horrible against the redskins on the road.

I hope nobody gets hurt. Fast Willie Parker broke his leg 8 years ago when we played there, he was never the same after that.
-------
What we must all remember here is that the Steelers teams during MT's tenure consistently play down to the competition. Unfortunately, I have not seen much that convinces me it will change any time soon.

Therefore, I believe this game will be much closer than it appears on paper. Heck, I wouldn't doubt if we come away with a loss. Hope I'm wrong and they turn that corner but I'll believe it when I see it.
--------
Grew up in St Louis and live about 45 miles west now. This one is easy.
-------
The Rams could not stop the two headed monster run attack that the Skins established. That said our backfield Tandem is way better than theirs. I dont see them being able to stop all of our weapons!
--------
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and start the "Gameball Vs Rams" thread
--------
The Rams gave up over 100 yds rushing to the Redskins rookie RB, if Ben has time to throw they will win.
-------
You can't sleep on the Rams. But I like our chances.
--------
Definitely not. The rams are for sure better than they have been the last few years. I feel confident that we will take care of business Sunday. I feel like our defense is only going to improve each week.
-------
Aaron Donald will abuse Foster, and Quinn will cause all sorts of problems for our tackles. Nevertheless, we have too much for them to totally stop us, and their offense is worse than the Niners.

I have us in a fairly close game.
-------
Jeff Fisher has a pretty good record against the Steelers
Ram's are at home, their front seven is pretty formidible.
I think I should be worried.
------
http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1591145-don-t-sleep-on-tavon

1581353.jpg

Don't Sleep On Tavon
JIM WEXELL

The former WVU star is the all-around threat who concerns the Steelers defense and special teams this Sunday in St. Louis.

PITTSBURGH -- Close your eyes and think about Tavon Austin and you'll no doubt envision the former West Virginia Mountaineer rushing for 344 yards and gaining 522 all-purpose yards in a 2012 win over Oklahoma.

Mike Tomlin doesn't need to close his eyes this week. He's seeing Austin on film as the Steelers prepare to tackle him and the St. Louis Rams.

"Tavon Austin will line up at receiver, in the backfield, he'll run the ball, screens, reverses. He's a dangerous guy down the field as well," Tomlin said. "He's being utilized very similarly to how he was utilized in Morgantown. He's a dangerous player, a guy we have to identify and account for just about every time the ball is snapped."

At WVU, the 5-8, 174-pound Austin compiled 7,246 all-purpose yards and 40 touchdowns.

But in his third year with the St. Louis Rams, the former first-round pick has compiled only 74 receptions for 664 yards (9.0)and four touchdowns; 432 rushing yards on 53 carries (8.2 avg.) and four touchdowns; and a punt-return average of 10.8 and three touchdowns. He did return a punt 75 yards for a touchdown to help the Rams defeat the Seattle Seahawks on opening day.

The latter -- the punt returning -- is what the Steelers' special-teams players see when they close their eyes.

"He's super dangerous," said Steelers linebacker Terence Garvin. "He's a really good return man. He finds his lanes."

Garvin, of course, played with Austin and another current Ram, wide receiver Stedman Bailey, for four years at WVU. In fact, Garvin goes back even further with Austin.

"I've known Tavon since high school," Garvin said. "I played against him in high school my sophomore year and junior year and we played in an all-star game together my senior year. He was the truth. On his highlight tape you don't even see him get tackled. And it's like 12 minutes long."

Austin led Dunbar High School of Baltimore, Md., to three consecutive state titles. As a senior he rushed for 2,660 yards (12.2 yards per carry) and left school with state records for career points, touchdowns, total offense and rushing. So when he committed to WVU, Garvin was understandably pleased.

"It definitely helped knowing somebody from back home, so that was cool," Garvin said. "We were roommates my freshman year, so I know him pretty well."

And the most amazing game Garvin's ever seen from this human joystick?

"I've seen Tavon do a lot of amazing things," Garvin said. "That Oklahoma game everybody always remembers, but he had a lot of games like that. I've seen him do a lot of stuff. I've seen him in high school do it. I've seen him in college do it. I see him doing it now. It doesn't surprise you when you see him do it."

But it's not like Austin has picked up from where he left off in Morgantown. As the eighth pick of the 2013 draft, much has been expected of Austin. His single-season highs are 40 receptions, 224 yards rushing and 11.2 per punt return. But just when Rams fans are feeling disappointed, Austin can return a punt 75 yards for a big touchdown as he did two weeks ago.

Of course, teams have been very careful when punting to Austin. This season he's had only one other punt return (10 yards).

"I've seen people punt to him and I've seen people not punt to him," Garvin said. "He's dangerous. He's one of the most special people when he gets the ball, and you never want to see him do it against you, whether it's in a game or practice. I've seen both and I don't want to see it again."

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I believe that running the ball is critical this week to keep the ball out of Pittsburgh's hands. The Rams can't beat them in a shootout. The thing about that though is that yes--the Steelers are weak in the secondary. They can be hit for big plays--and the Rams have to take those shots. But even with that--they have to run the ball, control the clock. They've been getting killed in time of possession. You don't want to keep giving the Steelers the ball. So yes--they have to control the ball--but look for those deep shots. They should have a few opportunities for those.

Defensively I don't know what to say. Stuff the run and get to Ben and cover the screens. They have a lot to cover. Biggest challenge for the defense this year.

It won't be easy but if the Rams come to play, play smart and can establish some kind of a ground game they can win it.

It's really hard for me to get a warm, fuzzy feeling about this game...Rams come in 30th against thew run, QB completion of 80%, haven't been able to run the ball at all, meager success throwing the ball...Well, I guess the upside is that it's almost a home game...I'll root hard, as I always do, I just can't find a legitimate reason to think it's going to be a close game...Come on, prove me wrong, it's happened many, many times

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-and-the?_ga=1.40262501.613416476.1424531272

Behind Enemy Lines: How the Rams plan on stopping Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers offense
By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz on Sep 25, 2015

usa-today-8814053.0.jpg

Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

The Pittsburgh Steelers are ready to lock horns with the St. Louis Rams in Week 3 NFL action and, as a lead-in for this game, we sat down with the editor of Turf Show Times to talk about the upcoming game from the other side of the fence.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and St. Louis Rams will be going head-to-head this Sunday in Week 3, and both of these 1-1 teams will be looking to to move their record above .500 heading into Week 4. In preparation for the big game at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, I was fortunate to have an interview with Joe McAtee, editor of Turf Show Times (SB Nation's Rams website), and take a look at this matchup from the other side of the fence.

Take a look at the interview and, as always, if you're looking for news on this matchup from the Rams' point of view, head on over to Turf Show Times for all the information you'll need.

There is a lot of talk surrounding the Rams' defensive front, and for rightful reasons. But who are the weapons on the offensive side of the football that Steelers fans should keep an eye on in this Week-3 matchup?

I'm not sure we've got them yet..I guess, if I'm stretching, I could point to Tavon Austin. His acceleration and speed are top-tier, but it takes a lot to craft an entire offense around him and the Rams have never been dedicated to that. Through the first four weeks of 2014, WR Brian Quick looked like the best wideout the team has had since the Greatest Show on Turf, but he slowed down a bit thereafter and suffered a dramatic arm injury in Week 7.

He still hasn't made it back to the field yet. The biggest name though, both because of recency bias and the promise of the unknown, is RB Todd Gurley. The Rams' first-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, Gurley tore his ACL last November playing for Georgia. This week, he isn't even on the injury report, so many are looking at this Sunday as his NFL debut. He's coming in with substantial hype, and the Rams certainly need him to make good on that promise early considering their dearth of offensive weapons.

The Steelers offense gets All Pro RB Le'Veon Bell back from his two-game suspension this week, he provides considerable matchup issues for opposing defenses. What are the Rams' plans to stop the running game after being gashed by Matt Jones of the Redskins in Week 2?

I just don't know, honestly. The defense is set up to allow for short runs and short passes in the center of the field, while protecting the sidelines and deep. The entire philosophy is based on the intent to get to 3rd-and-long and create splash plays with the defensive line crashing on the QB. Washington wasn't put in that position often enough because the run game was getting them extra yards, let alone the three big runs Matt Jones and Alfred Morris broke off.

The failures in the run-defense last Sunday just come down to execution, not playcalling. Too often, James Laurinaitis and the safeties, T.J. McDonald, Rodney McLeod and Mark Barron, were taking the wrong gaps. The plugs up front, especially Michael Brockers, weren't closing the middle. And the Rams didn't have edge integrity. So really, what's the plan? Do better.

The Rams are playing in the dome this Sunday, what makes Edward Jones Dome such a unique home field advantage?

Nothing, seriously. The Rams have been the next-to-worst team in the NFL over the last decade. That has an effect on any franchise's home support. There's still a dedicated base, but you can't have a team in 2015 that hasn't had a winning season since 2003 fill its stadium to capacity with raucous fans. It's just not happening.

Rookie RB Todd Gurley wasn't listed on the team's most recent injury report, pointing to a NFL debut for the former Georgia Bulldog. What are the expectations for Gurley going against a mediocre Steelers defense?

Good question! I think the expectations are a bit unfair for Gurley. Running backs are almost always a product of their environment, and especially given the modern NFL structure, their individual value has been largely depleted. So as the 10th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, some Rams fans are expecting him to come in and perform miracles from the first snap. It's something that's (a) largely out of his control and (b ) largely impossible.

On the other hand, this is a situation of the Rams' making. They drafted Isaiah Pead in the second round 2012 NFL Draft, though he never materialized as a legitimate NFL back. They drafted Zac Stacy in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, and he'd go on to run for just shy of 1,000 yards in his rookie season. They drafted Tre Mason in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft and, despite not even suiting up the first handful of games, he ran for more than 750 yards at better than a 4.25 per-carry rate.

You would think that group, supplemented with 2013 UDFA surprise Benny Cunningham would be sufficient, especially for an offense with plenty of other issues. So taking a running back at 10 overall is going to require something special to justify the pick.

Looking at the Rams-Washington game, the line was so abysmal in run blocking, there was just nothing to work with all game. Tre Mason ran for 26 yards on just 7 carries. If that's what Gurley's going to be dealing with for his NFL debut, he may wanna swing by the Pope on his way to the stadium to get blessed. He'll need it.

There is a long history between the Steelers and Jeff Fisher's teams, dating back to the days of his time with the Titans and the AFC Central. What are the fans' thoughts on the job Fisher has done with his time in St. Louis?

Well it's kind of the opposite of the Gurley situation. The Rams were in such horrible shape when Steve Spagnuolo and Billy Devaney were brought in as head coach and GM. The roster was nearly devoid of any long-term talents. They began stocking up and did well in the first-two rounds, but there just wasn't enough of a 53-man roster to work with and they won just 13 games in Spags' three year-tenure.

So Fisher came in with the bar set LOW. Winning 20 games over three years and missing out on the playoffs would be considered a failure in most places. For the Rams though, it's been a step in the right direction. The problem, though, is that the reasons why the Rams haven't gotten over the hump haven't changed. The names and faces have, but those reasons are now sounding like excuses. And Jeff Fisher's history is real.

Rams fans were optimistic that he would be able to create a better environment than what he had in Tennessee, but it's just not looking like there's any real change. The defense, despite being talented, is undisciplined. And returning all 11 starters with no changes on the defensive staff suggests that continuity isn't an issue. The offense still is marred by poor line play and a lack of explosion in the passing game. Is any of that going to change? I don't see how it would happen any time soon.

Part of the issue too is job security. It doesn't feel like Jeff Fisher is on any kind of hot seat. The Rams don't have any real expectations. It's a franchise that is traumatized by the last decade of losing and the specter of a possible move to Los Angeles.

The 2015 season doesn't exist in a vacuum, so Fisher isn't exactly playing for now. He's not pushing all-in by any means. The question or problem if you're a Rams fan is when his comfort playing a long-term strategy is going to pay off...or whether it ever will at all.
----------
Wow!!
The St Louis guy isn’t exactly sunshine and rainbows is he? Sounds like he feels they are continuing to suck, and that the move to CA is only a matter of time.

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to be Steelers fans!!!!!
-------
Sunshine and rainbows? The Rams haven't had a winning season wince 2003...
-------
You gotta feel for their fans
It has to be tough when you team is constantly brought in conversations about moving franchises. It doesn’t help when a RB with an injury is your 1st round draft choice.
-------
It seems many Steelers fans
Feel like the same way about the team. We’re such a spoiled fan base.
--------
Since the last time the Rams even had a winning record,
yall have won two Super Bowls and been to the playoffs seven times.
--------
Yup
But if you followed this team you would see fans acting as if it is destitute of quality players and a dumpster fire. It is odd how fickle fans can be.
-------
I should have mentioned that we've
Only had one losing season (Cowhers last) in that time, spoiled bunch we are.
--------
We should adapt our secondary to be like theirs
Cover sidelines and deep, leaving short passes in the middle.
Better than what we did vs Pats where we only covered sidelines and Gronk beat us deep and Edilman got an average of 10 yards a pass.
---------
People need to let that one go.
That was the worst possible matchup we could have had coming into the season with a new and young defense still trying to gel and the suspensions on offense. Not to mention it was in an environment tailor made for the away team to lose.
---------
Fun read
What kind of advantage does home field give you?
Well….none really.

Who’s the biggest weapon the Rams have on offense the Steelers have to watch out for?
Um..well we don’t really have one.

How are the Rams going to stop Bell?
I have no idea….play better?
-------
If the Rams couldn't stop the Skins backs last week, then how the hell are they going to stop Bell?
If Fisher doesn’t turn it around this year, then adios amigo.
---------
That's actually how the Rams do it....
…..lose to terrible Skins….beat great Steelers team and Green Bay……Lose to the Browns, Bears, Tampa, Whiners, Ravens and Lions…..and that pick up game in the park……
--------
Since Shazier came down with Gurley-itis
who’s gonna replace him?
-------
Vince Williams
And Sean Spence are the back ups. Williams is a thumper and Spence is a bit quicker. They are both solid if not spectacular.
--------
Yeah, no one's going to replace the production he had against SF
But fortunately, depth is not a problem at that position. Those guys have started for us in the past and could probably start on a lot of other teams. If it were a DB on the other hand we’d be screwed (although we’re bad there already so maybe not so much).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-and-the?_ga=1.40262501.613416476.1424531272

Behind Enemy Lines: How the Rams plan on stopping Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers offense
By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz on Sep 25, 2015

usa-today-8814053.0.jpg

Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

The Pittsburgh Steelers are ready to lock horns with the St. Louis Rams in Week 3 NFL action and, as a lead-in for this game, we sat down with the editor of Turf Show Times to talk about the upcoming game from the other side of the fence.

The Pittsburgh Steelers and St. Louis Rams will be going head-to-head this Sunday in Week 3, and both of these 1-1 teams will be looking to to move their record above .500 heading into Week 4. In preparation for the big game at Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, I was fortunate to have an interview with Joe McAtee, editor of Turf Show Times (SB Nation's Rams website), and take a look at this matchup from the other side of the fence.

Take a look at the interview and, as always, if you're looking for news on this matchup from the Rams' point of view, head on over to Turf Show Times for all the information you'll need.

There is a lot of talk surrounding the Rams' defensive front, and for rightful reasons. But who are the weapons on the offensive side of the football that Steelers fans should keep an eye on in this Week-3 matchup?

I'm not sure we've got them yet..I guess, if I'm stretching, I could point to Tavon Austin. His acceleration and speed are top-tier, but it takes a lot to craft an entire offense around him and the Rams have never been dedicated to that. Through the first four weeks of 2014, WR Brian Quick looked like the best wideout the team has had since the Greatest Show on Turf, but he slowed down a bit thereafter and suffered a dramatic arm injury in Week 7.

He still hasn't made it back to the field yet. The biggest name though, both because of recency bias and the promise of the unknown, is RB Todd Gurley. The Rams' first-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, Gurley tore his ACL last November playing for Georgia. This week, he isn't even on the injury report, so many are looking at this Sunday as his NFL debut. He's coming in with substantial hype, and the Rams certainly need him to make good on that promise early considering their dearth of offensive weapons.

The Steelers offense gets All Pro RB Le'Veon Bell back from his two-game suspension this week, he provides considerable matchup issues for opposing defenses. What are the Rams' plans to stop the running game after being gashed by Matt Jones of the Redskins in Week 2?

I just don't know, honestly. The defense is set up to allow for short runs and short passes in the center of the field, while protecting the sidelines and deep. The entire philosophy is based on the intent to get to 3rd-and-long and create splash plays with the defensive line crashing on the QB. Washington wasn't put in that position often enough because the run game was getting them extra yards, let alone the three big runs Matt Jones and Alfred Morris broke off.

The failures in the run-defense last Sunday just come down to execution, not playcalling. Too often, James Laurinaitis and the safeties, T.J. McDonald, Rodney McLeod and Mark Barron, were taking the wrong gaps. The plugs up front, especially Michael Brockers, weren't closing the middle. And the Rams didn't have edge integrity. So really, what's the plan? Do better.

The Rams are playing in the dome this Sunday, what makes Edward Jones Dome such a unique home field advantage?

Nothing, seriously. The Rams have been the next-to-worst team in the NFL over the last decade. That has an effect on any franchise's home support. There's still a dedicated base, but you can't have a team in 2015 that hasn't had a winning season since 2003 fill its stadium to capacity with raucous fans. It's just not happening.

Rookie RB Todd Gurley wasn't listed on the team's most recent injury report, pointing to a NFL debut for the former Georgia Bulldog. What are the expectations for Gurley going against a mediocre Steelers defense?

Good question! I think the expectations are a bit unfair for Gurley. Running backs are almost always a product of their environment, and especially given the modern NFL structure, their individual value has been largely depleted. So as the 10th overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, some Rams fans are expecting him to come in and perform miracles from the first snap. It's something that's (a) largely out of his control and (b ) largely impossible.

On the other hand, this is a situation of the Rams' making. They drafted Isaiah Pead in the second round 2012 NFL Draft, though he never materialized as a legitimate NFL back. They drafted Zac Stacy in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, and he'd go on to run for just shy of 1,000 yards in his rookie season. They drafted Tre Mason in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft and, despite not even suiting up the first handful of games, he ran for more than 750 yards at better than a 4.25 per-carry rate.

You would think that group, supplemented with 2013 UDFA surprise Benny Cunningham would be sufficient, especially for an offense with plenty of other issues. So taking a running back at 10 overall is going to require something special to justify the pick.

Looking at the Rams-Washington game, the line was so abysmal in run blocking, there was just nothing to work with all game. Tre Mason ran for 26 yards on just 7 carries. If that's what Gurley's going to be dealing with for his NFL debut, he may wanna swing by the Pope on his way to the stadium to get blessed. He'll need it.

There is a long history between the Steelers and Jeff Fisher's teams, dating back to the days of his time with the Titans and the AFC Central. What are the fans' thoughts on the job Fisher has done with his time in St. Louis?

Well it's kind of the opposite of the Gurley situation. The Rams were in such horrible shape when Steve Spagnuolo and Billy Devaney were brought in as head coach and GM. The roster was nearly devoid of any long-term talents. They began stocking up and did well in the first-two rounds, but there just wasn't enough of a 53-man roster to work with and they won just 13 games in Spags' three year-tenure.

So Fisher came in with the bar set LOW. Winning 20 games over three years and missing out on the playoffs would be considered a failure in most places. For the Rams though, it's been a step in the right direction. The problem, though, is that the reasons why the Rams haven't gotten over the hump haven't changed. The names and faces have, but those reasons are now sounding like excuses. And Jeff Fisher's history is real.

Rams fans were optimistic that he would be able to create a better environment than what he had in Tennessee, but it's just not looking like there's any real change. The defense, despite being talented, is undisciplined. And returning all 11 starters with no changes on the defensive staff suggests that continuity isn't an issue. The offense still is marred by poor line play and a lack of explosion in the passing game. Is any of that going to change? I don't see how it would happen any time soon.

Part of the issue too is job security. It doesn't feel like Jeff Fisher is on any kind of hot seat. The Rams don't have any real expectations. It's a franchise that is traumatized by the last decade of losing and the specter of a possible move to Los Angeles.

The 2015 season doesn't exist in a vacuum, so Fisher isn't exactly playing for now. He's not pushing all-in by any means. The question or problem if you're a Rams fan is when his comfort playing a long-term strategy is going to pay off...or whether it ever will at all.
----------
Wow!!
The St Louis guy isn’t exactly sunshine and rainbows is he? Sounds like he feels they are continuing to suck, and that the move to CA is only a matter of time.

Sometimes we forget how lucky we are to be Steelers fans!!!!!
-------
Sunshine and rainbows? The Rams haven't had a winning season wince 2003...
-------
You gotta feel for their fans
It has to be tough when you team is constantly brought in conversations about moving franchises. It doesn’t help when a RB with an injury is your 1st round draft choice.
-------
It seems many Steelers fans
Feel like the same way about the team. We’re such a spoiled fan base.
--------
Since the last time the Rams even had a winning record,
yall have won two Super Bowls and been to the playoffs seven times.
--------
Yup
But if you followed this team you would see fans acting as if it is destitute of quality players and a dumpster fire. It is odd how fickle fans can be.
-------
I should have mentioned that we've
Only had one losing season (Cowhers last) in that time, spoiled bunch we are.
--------
We should adapt our secondary to be like theirs
Cover sidelines and deep, leaving short passes in the middle.
Better than what we did vs Pats where we only covered sidelines and Gronk beat us deep and Edilman got an average of 10 yards a pass.
---------
People need to let that one go.
That was the worst possible matchup we could have had coming into the season with a new and young defense still trying to gel and the suspensions on offense. Not to mention it was in an environment tailor made for the away team to lose.
---------
Fun read
What kind of advantage does home field give you?
Well….none really.

Who’s the biggest weapon the Rams have on offense the Steelers have to watch out for?
Um..well we don’t really have one.

How are the Rams going to stop Bell?
I have no idea….play better?
-------
If the Rams couldn't stop the Skins backs last week, then how the hell are they going to stop Bell?
If Fisher doesn’t turn it around this year, then adios amigo.
---------
That's actually how the Rams do it....
…..lose to terrible Skins….beat great Steelers team and Green Bay……Lose to the Browns, Bears, Tampa, Whiners, Ravens and Lions…..and that pick up game in the park……
--------
Since Shazier came down with Gurley-itis
who’s gonna replace him?
-------
Vince Williams
And Sean Spence are the back ups. Williams is a thumper and Spence is a bit quicker. They are both solid if not spectacular.
--------
Yeah, no one's going to replace the production he had against SF
But fortunately, depth is not a problem at that position. Those guys have started for us in the past and could probably start on a lot of other teams. If it were a DB on the other hand we’d be screwed (although we’re bad there already so maybe not so much).
What a garbage Q & A session from TST. I'm embarrassed to have read that. It gives an opposing team's fan base the impression that we're all defeatists and whiny bitches. I'm sure someone's going to come along and say what he said is true (I don't), but that's not even the point. Even if you feel there's no chance, and the whole team sucks from top to bottom, have a little fucking pride in your job as an editor for a Rams fan blog. Give some better answers and stop sounding like a fucking girl.

This is how I would have fielded their questions.

All the usual characters.

Tavon Austin is a threat to take it to the house whenever he touches the ball.
Jared Cook is a threat in the middle of the field where the Steelers have shown some vulnerabilities.
Lance Kendricks is a TD machine because teams don't typically cover him with anything other than a WIL.
Todd Gurley is set to make his debut, and the entire league is anxious to see him pick up where he left off in Georgia.
Nick Foles is a QB who can hurt you deep if given the time or a clean pocket.

Well, the plan is to recognize that Le'Veon Bell is the RB they face this week. If the scheme is on point, it won't typically matter who's toting the rock. The Rams shut down arguably the league's best RB in Marshawn Lynch in their home opener, so I imagine the plan is to inflict the same sort of pain through gap discipline and aggressiveness. One thing is certain. The Rams normally come back incredibly strong after a loss, and particularly so when that next game is at home. I'll add that Pittsburgh isn't known to be chop-blocking panzies. Amirite?

It's not unique in as much as it's just an advantage. The Rams' defense is particularly fast on the dome turf, and this was recently brought up by Gregg Cosell on the Frank Cusumano show. It's something that just pops out at you when you watch the tape, and the Rams have been known to take it to teams at home who were huge favorites going in. There's also a sense of pride playing in front of the home crowd, no matter how many are in attendance, and this has been echoed by several Rams players this year.

The expectations are that he's going to run roughshod right through that defense and gash you for 200 yards. Why would the expectations be any less than that? He's been held back while recovering and getting up to speed with the scheme, and Fisher seems more and more confident that he's ready to take that step now. While he may not get the Lion's share of the carries, he's someone who can change the way the Steelers play defense when he's in there, which should open up things through the air.

He's been given a lot of leash given the horrible situation he inherited. It really was an epic level depletion of talent after 2011. He's also been handcuffed to a situation wherein his quarterbacks have been less than stellar since 2012 and while Bradford was injured. One could even argue he (Bradford) was a part of the problem, but that's now part of the past and he at least had the wherewithal to end the uncertainty of whether or not he'll even have a starting QB 3 games into the season. As far as what the fans' thoughts are of his job performance, that's going to vary from person to person depending on how much patience they have. If you ask me, I'm fine with the direction we're headed, but the window is closing on the team he's assembled. If he doesn't make some noise this year, no matter the circumstances, then you'll likely find a larger portion of the fan base beginning to question his leadership.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree we MUST RELEASE both Quick and Gurley and I'm afraid we might not see either.
IMO Fisher is waiting to play both Gurley and Quick vs Arizona. It's a much bigger game in the grand scheme.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...he-experts-are-taking-in-the-steelers-vs-rams

NFL Predictions: Who the experts are taking in the Steelers vs. Rams Week 3 game
By Jeff.Hartman

The 1-1 Pittsburgh Steelers take their potent offense on the road to face off against the 1-1 St. Louis Rams this Sunday in the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. The battle of 1-1 teams will have heavy importance to both teams as they try to keep pace within their individual divisions.

The Steelers offense, which tallied 43-points against the San Francisco 49ers, is going head-to-head with the Rams defense which is lead byAaron Donald and is possibly the best defensive front in the entire NFL. The current odds have the Steelers giving the Rams 1.0 point, while some books have gone as far as saying the Steelers are favored by 2.0 points.

Either way, it is time to see who the experts picked in this AFC North vs. NFC West grudge match.

The folks here at home base, SB Nation, have entered their picks, and 5 of the 6 individuals who take stabs in the dark with their weekly picks think the Steelers escape this game with a victory and advance to 2-1.

A very similar theme can be found within the ESPN panel of experts, where all but two have selected the Steelers to attain their first road win of the 2015 season. Only Mark Schlereth and Adam Caplan picked the Rams to hold serve at home.

At Yahoo! Sports, the experts who make picks for this establishment see a clean sweep for the Steelers in St. Louis. The same can't be said for those at CBSSports.com, where everyone believes in the Steelers but Will Brinson who believes the Rams' defense will be too much for the Steelers offense to handle.

At NFLPickWatch.com, a website which generates all expert picks across the web, they have 79-percent of the experts picking the Steelers in this Week 3 showdown. Some Steelers fans are concerned about the let-down game which has become a yearly occurrence under Mike Tomlin, but the experts clearly favor the Steelers to go into St. Louis and return to the Steel City victorious.
---------
I think...
the "experts" on NFL games probably has as good of an accuracy record as weathermen. I’m nervously picking the Steelers to win. But (I know, bite my tongue) aggressive defenses have the ability to injure key offensive players and anything can happen on any given Sunday. I just hope it’s a good clean game and everyone comes home healthy. But a win sure would be nice!
---------
Big Game
This game should tell us a lot about the steelers. They should definitely win this game. But this is exactly the type of game they lose the last couple of years. If they win this could be a superbowl caliber year. If they lose it might look a lot like last year.
--------
Something to keep in mind
is that Rams coach Jeff Fisher has a winning record against the Steelers (12-9) and for the most part, his teams has always played well against them and this is going back to when he was head coach of the Houston Oilers. However, he never coached against a Steeler team with this much firepower either. I’m picking the Steelers to win 31-17, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Rams win.
-------
No more let down games
Last year seemed to me to be a marked improvement on the let down game front. The Bucs winning at the very end was a disappointment, and the Jets toward the end of the year was also as well but we were pretty much clinched at that point. I don’t count the Browns, they were out for bloody revenge on their own turf and they got their occasional win against us.

Compared to the epic failures of 2012-2013, I’d say last year was better.

I don’t honestly see it happening anymore, Ben just seems to be on another plane of existence, and Mt. Olympus is building Brown a private office as we speak. We’re going to throttle this team through the air, and our D shouldn’t have any issues.
--------
Until they don't have a let down game
I’ll be wary of one. They’ve been fairly consistent with them the last several years. Er, wait…, that was proven false, right? Oh yeah, not to me. I think the only way the Rams win is if the Steelers beat themselves – which has happened on occasion. Not negative; just stating the obvious.