What Steelers Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4437

St. Louis

Wonder what the line will be. I think Steelers are the favorite by 2 maybe? Not sure. Defense supposed to be good but I saw Kirk Cousins and some Jones rookie from Florida lay 17 on them in the first half today for the Skins. Foles? We do well against Gingers. Tavon Austin can do some things. This may be Gurley's first game. Home crowd may not be the best for them as they are going through the LA rumor thing.

Thoughts?
----------
Steelers crowd will take over that stadium.
---------
I was there last time we played there. Thursday night in 2009, I think. Nothing but Black and Gold in the dome...and it was Marshall Faulk's night to have his number retired. I'll be there again on Sunday. Closest hotel we could find was 25 miles away...it will be a home game.
--------
The last time we played in St. Louis was the game Willie Parker broke his leg. I remember because I was there. 2009 sounds right.
-------
As great and fun a win this was today, It was, to me at least, expected. Steelers 10 days of preparation for a home opener. San Fran, emotional home opening win, short week, cross country for a 1pm est kickoff, for a cross conference game. That had trap game all over it for San Fran.

Which brings me to St. Louis, that's their home opener, and steelers playing an nfc opponent on the road, Tomlin better have the boys ready because that will be a very tough game against the NFLs best D line led by Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn.
-------
The Rams had their home opener against the Seahawks week 1, but point still taken about their d-line
-------
AND, coming off a tough loss against a bad team in which they couldn't stop a rookie RB.
--------
This will probably be the most attended Rams fan this year. Of course, half of the stadium will be Black and Gold, if not more. It should sound like a Steelers home game. There were 20,000 no-shows for the Seattle game. Understand that, apathy, dismay and anger about (most likely) losing their team to a degree that their home opener against the Seahawks was almost 1/3 empty (66K capacity).
-------
Where do we struggle most?

1. Against elite defensive fronts that push around our Oline.
2. Against QBs that spread things out and get rid of the ball quickly.

Sunday will be a big test on both those fronts. We'll see very quickly how far this team may have come.
--------
Getting Bell back will certainly help.
-------
To be fair, SF was totally punked in the schedule with this game and St. Louis will be better prepared.
--------
Don't punt to Tavon Austin...
Better yet.... don't punt.

That offense has not looked good....
Stop the run on the way to pound Foles.....
Fly to the ball....
-------
I'd welcome Le'Veon back by planting him next to Ben to help block interior pressure then release as an outlet receiver. He would catch 8-10 passes in my game plan.
-------
It will be important to have a solid game plan to get the ball out of Ben's hands quick in this one, especially early. Their offense shouldn't be hard for our defense to contain. Do they have anybody that really scares you on that side of the ball?
-------
Todd Gurley is expected to make his debut. It appears we will get the first look if he is fully recovered.
-------
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...ore-game-week-3-pittsburgh-vs-st-louis.12371/

Steelers Predict the Score Game Week 3 Pittsburgh vs St. Louis

38 - 14 Steelers
-------
Steelers - 35
St. Louis - 21
-------
US 38
THEM 20
-------
PIT: 25
STL: 15
-------
Steelers 38
Rams 9
-------
Steelers-36
Rams- 24
-------
Steelers - 37
Rams - 23
-------
Steelers: 42
Rams: 17
-------
Steelers 31

Rams 21
--------
Pitts- 24

St Louis- 20
--------
Steelers- 27

Ram's- 20
-------
steelers 34
rams 13
--------
Steelers 33
Rams 17
-------
Steelers 33

Rams 21
--------
Steelers 34
Ewes 20
--------
Steelers 33, Rams 24
-------
Pitt - 29
StL - 28
-------
Steelers 42
Rams 17
-------
Steelers 28
Rams 12
---------
Steelers-35
Rams-10
--------
Steelers 35
Rams 17
-------
36-20 Steelers
--------
Steelers 38
Rams 20
-------
Steelers 43
Rams 21
-------
Steelers 38
Rams 24
--------
My own comment: This is a confident bunch. What's interesting is that they seem to have no fear of the Rams' D, and why should they?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This could be a "Trap Game" for the Steelers, IF they're not careful!!:D

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Confident, as they should be. But they can shove the attendance bullshit up their ass. This is exactly what I was afraid of with the uncertainty of a move. The fans will get the shit end of the stick.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This game will be our (Broncos, Saints, Colts) game of the year. Where we proceed to absolutely destroy one out of conference team a year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Shit, now I know how the Skins fans felt....no respect, but we haven't earned any....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Champ... we're the least respected team in the league.

On Redzone last week, there were 10 games up in the first slate... the red zone showed the box scores in a 3x3 matrix the whole day. Guess which game they left out?

Do they leave out Washington? No. Even when Washington is dissed, they aren't LEFT OUT.

The only time the Rams are talked about is when they are in the conversation with another team.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sounds like some reasonable fans there.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
While there will be a lot of Steelers fans at the game as they travel well, the split will not be half and half as one of their fans suggested. Also, if our fans are just as pumped as they were in week 1 (assuming our Rams play well), they will not take over the dome. Can't wait until Sunday. I too see this game as the Broncos game from last year or the Colts game from a couple of years ago.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Champ... we're the least respected team in the league.

On Redzone last week, there were 10 games up in the first slate... the red zone showed the box scores in a 3x3 matrix the whole day. Guess which game they left out?

Do they leave out Washington? No. Even when Washington is dissed, they aren't LEFT OUT.

The only time the Rams are talked about is when they are in the conversation with another team.

They've done that to themselves. The Spags era was particularly responsible.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I thought those guys seemed downright respectful and somewhat informed compared to your average Neanderthal in the Pacific Northwest. Reads a lot like the Rams posts before the Skins game. Hopefully that absolute confidence is their teams downfall as it was ours.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They've put the mock on themselves, everyone has the steelers winning. That means a certain rams victory.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/forums/1897-heinz-field/14117196-steelers-task-block-the-donald

STEELERS' TASK: BLOCK THE DONALD

---------
I watch most if not all Pitt games as well and I have to admit I didn't realize how good Donald actually is. Watched him against Seattle and he is a beast/handful.
--------
he is incredibly quick and surprisingly powerful for his size

he will give Wallace headaches
---------
This is a great test for our offensive line. We probably wont face a better front 4 all season since we don't play the Bills. If we can hold up against The Donald and crew, the sky is the limit for this line and Pouncey will return eventually.
--------
I saw it coming. I wanted him that year regardless of lebeau. But can't argue with taking shaz in hindsight.
--------
It's not like we passed on him. He went before our pick. To get him, we probably have to trade with Detroit at #10, which would have been very costly. I'm not even sure they bite either, as they took TE Eric Ebron, who had been mocked to us by many. That's best case scenario in my mind, as I don't see Titans moving from #11 after the top two OT's were taken, leaving just Taylor Lewan, who they pounced on.

At #12 was NYG who picked stud WR Odell Beckham Jr. He was special, and talk was a lot of teams liked him, so I doubt they gamble. Then at #13 was Rams, who obviously picked Aaron Donald. Bears were #14 with Kyle Fuller, then #15 was us with Shazier.

That draft was so disheartening for me to watch. Just the run of players that came off the board right before we picked. At #12 my 1B goes in Beckham, then a sliding top 10 talent in Donald goes at #13, then right before we pick, Bears pluck Fuller, who was my 1A. I was devastated. I love the pick of Shazier today, but at the time he wasn't really on my radar.

I thought he was strictly a 4-3 linebacker. I should've known Tomlin can't resist those "run and hit" guys. I was just worried we were going to end up with Darqueze Dennard. All was good when they picked my boy Tuitt in the 2nd round, which I had predicted. *smugface*
--------
i am more worried about austin. i wanted him badly.
--------
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/24078-Week-3-Rams-Discussion

Week 3: @ Rams Discussion

Crazy what a difference a week makes. I suppose thats the life of a spoiled steelers fan. I had us starting 2-2 after Bell was suspended, 1-3 after we lost Pouncey and then Bryant. Cautiously excited all of a sudden for this Rams game.

Hopefully that Rams front 4 isnt as tough as it seems on paper. Hawks O-line and Redskins O-line handled them.

Also going to be interesting to see how much Deangelo gets to carry the rock. After the past 2 weeks, he deserves to have a healthy share of carries.

How will Leveon change the dynamics of the passing game? Even with Leveon being the best safety valve out there, I hope we keep letting Ben go deep. I always felt Ben's deep ball is one of his weaknesses if were going to be picky but it looked great on Sunday
-------
Huh? Did you watch that game? Lynch got shut down for most of the game and Wilson was sacked 6 times. The Rams D Line lived in the Seahawks backfield the whole game.

No explanation for the Redskins game. I haven't watched it yet and am not sure that I will. The Rams always get up for Seattle in St Louis and always seem to play like crap the next game, especially if it's on the road.

I think that they'll play better back home against us although I still expect us to win.
-------
This is the first big test for the O-Line, they were great these past two weeks, but this is the first real good Defensive Line they're facing.

The Rams are coming off a loss, they're at home, and their Defensive Line is pretty good.

This is a game the Steelers can easily lose if the O-Line has a bad day. The Rams will bring it.
-------
I predicted the Steelers at 2-2 or 3-1 after four games

I expect a another big game for Ben if the Steelers are aggressive and that the o-line is solid....The o-line will have a big challenge, but the o-line is very good.
-------
The Redskins offensive line was really good. That's actually one of the stronger positions on the Skins team
-------
I think controlling A gap pressure will be crucial. Cody Wallace is going to get handled by Aaron McDonald so I anticipate a ton of passes coming Leveon's way for his first game back
-------
Wallace better be on his game or else Donald will be in our backfield the whole game.
-------
One x-factor that we have is Munchak. If anyone has an idea about how to handle the defensive front on a Fisher-coached team, it would be Munch. He worked with Fisher for like a gazillion years before he took over as HC in Tennessee.
-------
This is a good point. Or is it Fisher who will know how to disassemble Munch's plan?
-------
We'll get a much more focused Ram team than the Skins did. This is going to be a tough one.
-------
This.

Aaron Donald is amazing. Cody Wallace's straight-line blocking is pretty good; his weakness is pulling. Regardless, Donald will be in the backfield.

How do you slow him down?
A: Screens

Thankfully, the Steelers have the best screen-catching RB in the NFL.
-------
Ha! If we try pulling from the center position, Mcdonald is going to be suplexing Ben before he even has time to hand the ball off
-------
Exactly. Don't have Wallace pull. Instead, when Donald comes flying upfield, dump it off on a screen to Bell.
-------
The Rams defense is not invincible.After two games, the opposing QB has completed 82% of their passes against the Rams.

I am confident that Ben is going to have a big day if the o-line contains the pass rush of the Rams.
-------
David Todd @DavidMTodd
Like the #Rams defensive front, but they’ve been gouged for avg of 153 yds on the ground first 2 wks. 30th in NFL. Hello Le’Veon. #Steelers
--------
Come out fast and make the Rams play catch up. Keep their D off balance with quick passes and edge rushing. Ben needs to get rid of the ball fast and be patient for the game to develop before looking for 60-yd. passes every series.
------
Anyway, this weeks game. Is anybody else worried? More than normal?
This is the type of game the 2014 Steelers would lose. Big win, things seemed to click, next opponent not seemingly too much of a threat and they're coming off of an embarrassing loss, etc.

It has me worried. The Steelers should absolutely win this game. Especially if St. Louis is one-dimensional and chooses to pass 80% of the time. Dial up the blitz and make Foles uncomfortable.

But this game will speak volumes to who this 2015 Steelers team is. They have to win these games, especially with a tough schedule. If we can come out of the first four games at 3-1, I'll be a bit more convinced that this team is better than last year's.
-------
What concerns me are the coaches. If they game plan to win, we will most likely win. If they game plan to prove a point (Haley trying to show who is really in charge of the offense) then we have a very good chance of losing.

I guess the game that is fried on my brain, is the 2nd Browns game last year. Haley was trying to prove something by calling 13 straight rushing plays. By all means, if the running game is there, take it. But, if you are just trying to send a message to your players, get real. There is just way too much talent on offense to try and hold them back. You have the horses, now let them roam free within your boundaries.
--------
Skip Butler is going to need to place somebody like Shazier on Gurley to keep him contained. As good as Austin is, no way Foles will be the reason they win if they do.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4437

St. Louis

Wonder what the line will be. I think Steelers are the favorite by 2 maybe? Not sure. Defense supposed to be good but I saw Kirk Cousins and some Jones rookie from Florida lay 17 on them in the first half today for the Skins. Foles? We do well against Gingers. Tavon Austin can do some things. This may be Gurley's first game. Home crowd may not be the best for them as they are going through the LA rumor thing.

Thoughts?
----------
Steelers crowd will take over that stadium.
---------
I was there last time we played there. Thursday night in 2009, I think. Nothing but Black and Gold in the dome...and it was Marshall Faulk's night to have his number retired. I'll be there again on Sunday. Closest hotel we could find was 25 miles away...it will be a home game.
--------
The last time we played in St. Louis was the game Willie Parker broke his leg. I remember because I was there. 2009 sounds right.
-------
As great and fun a win this was today, It was, to me at least, expected. Steelers 10 days of preparation for a home opener. San Fran, emotional home opening win, short week, cross country for a 1pm est kickoff, for a cross conference game. That had trap game all over it for San Fran.

Which brings me to St. Louis, that's their home opener, and steelers playing an nfc opponent on the road, Tomlin better have the boys ready because that will be a very tough game against the NFLs best D line led by Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn.
-------
The Rams had their home opener against the Seahawks week 1, but point still taken about their d-line
-------
AND, coming off a tough loss against a bad team in which they couldn't stop a rookie RB.
--------
This will probably be the most attended Rams fan this year. Of course, half of the stadium will be Black and Gold, if not more. It should sound like a Steelers home game. There were 20,000 no-shows for the Seattle game. Understand that, apathy, dismay and anger about (most likely) losing their team to a degree that their home opener against the Seahawks was almost 1/3 empty (66K capacity).
-------
Where do we struggle most?

1. Against elite defensive fronts that push around our Oline.
2. Against QBs that spread things out and get rid of the ball quickly.

Sunday will be a big test on both those fronts. We'll see very quickly how far this team may have come.
--------
Getting Bell back will certainly help.
-------
To be fair, SF was totally punked in the schedule with this game and St. Louis will be better prepared.
--------
Better yet.... don't punt.

Stop the run on the way to pound Foles.....
Fly to the ball....
-------
I'd welcome Le'Veon back by planting him next to Ben to help block interior pressure then release as an outlet receiver. He would catch 8-10 passes in my game plan.
-------
It will be important to have a solid game plan to get the ball out of Ben's hands quick in this one, especially early. Their offense shouldn't be hard for our defense to contain. Do they have anybody that really scares you on that side of the ball?
-------
Todd Gurley is expected to make his debut. It appears we will get the first look if he is fully recovered.
-------
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...ore-game-week-3-pittsburgh-vs-st-louis.12371/

Steelers Predict the Score Game Week 3 Pittsburgh vs St. Louis

38 - 14 Steelers
-------
Steelers - 35
St. Louis - 21
-------
US 38
THEM 20
-------
PIT: 25
STL: 15
-------
Steelers 38
Rams 9
-------
Steelers-36
Rams- 24
-------
Steelers - 37
Rams - 23
-------
Steelers: 42
Rams: 17
-------
Steelers 31

Rams 21
--------
Pitts- 24

St Louis- 20
--------
Steelers- 27

Ram's- 20
-------
steelers 34
rams 13
--------
Steelers 33
Rams 17
-------
Steelers 33

Rams 21
--------
Steelers 34
Ewes 20
--------
Steelers 33, Rams 24
-------
Pitt - 29
StL - 28
-------
Steelers 42
Rams 17
-------
Steelers 28
Rams 12
---------
Steelers-35
Rams-10
--------
Steelers 35
Rams 17
-------
36-20 Steelers
--------
Steelers 38
Rams 20
-------
Steelers 43
Rams 21
-------
Steelers 38
Rams 24
--------
My own comment: This is a confident bunch. What's interesting is that they seem to have no fear of the Rams' D, and why should they?

For one thing, they don't have WAS calibre of OL or even defense. They have a way better passing game, though. Have the best rush D and and O after two games. I hope they want to pass it all day because that works our favor.

Lots of momentum on our side with Gurley suiting up and getting reps. This team will be on fire. Sure hope we win the coin toss and differ. Can't stand the though of our O staring the day on a two and out again. Disastrous.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't have a good feeling about this game. It feels like when the Rams played Denver last year or Dallas a few years back when SJ rubbed it in Jerruhs face. I hope that is how it ends up but overall the Steelers have a matchup advantage against the Rams.

If the run Defense is not straightened out the Rams can't win. The Steelers will have there offens clicking on both cylinders. And their run game is not one to get fixed on. It is better than Seattles because their line is better and they have Antonio Brown to stretch the field. So the DBs (namely Jenkins) can't get caugh looking in the backfield.

The Rams need to be in mid season form for this match up.

Rainram

Starter
I've taken issue several times with the off-coverage our DBs play. Giving up the easy underneath stuff to not get burned on a big deep play. But in this game...I'm fine with that plan. They have some horses that can run and get deep and a QB that loves taking shots. We'd have a hard time climbing out of a three score deficit. Gimme an extra guy in the box, but have the CBs keep plays in front of 'em. Watch double moves.

Also...I'd love to see Quinn show up this game. I re-watched the Washington game...he had quite a bad game. Gimme the 2013 Quinn this Sunday...please!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Closest hotel we could find was 25 miles away...it will be a home game.

LOL! Complete fabricated lie. I can only assume he meant Motel 6.

tumblr_n8b2c4Crki1rzoi3uo6_250.gif

Which brings me to St. Louis, that's their home opener

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

How was Bell as a Rookie? Meet Rookie Gurley.

There were 20,000 no-shows for the Seattle game.

...and the dome was deafening.

You see, there ARE wise Steeler fans.

...because any offense can score 28 on the Seahawks. Easy Squeezy.

Their offense shouldn't be hard for our defense to contain. Do they have anybody that really scares you on that side of the ball?

Nope. All weaklings.

crap, now I know how the Skins fans felt....no respect, but we haven't earned any....

No, we have issues that will cause a bumpy start, but you can bet your ass we've earned respect.

This is a great test for our offensive line. We probably wont face a better front 4 all season since we don't play the Bills.

...the Bills have a mighty front 4. They are almost as good as the Rams'.

i am more worried about austin. i wanted him badly.

TMI.

Hopefully that Rams front 4 isnt as tough as it seems on paper. Hawks O-line and Redskins O-line handled them.

Wait...did you say...Hawks?! LOL!

I think controlling A gap pressure will be crucial. Cody Wallace is going to get handled by Aaron McDonald so I anticipate a ton of passes coming Leveon's way for his first game back

You both admit Donald will own you and insult him? That's weak dude. Weak.

Skip Butler is going to need to place somebody like Shazier on Gurley to keep him contained. As good as Austin is, no way Foles will be the reason they win if they do.

No way Foles is the reason? Really? Did you think we were starting Hill?