What Seahawks Fans Are Saying.....After the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
How many times do we have to run at Aaron Donald before we get the message that you don’t fucking run at him?

Baaaahahahahahaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Please tell me this was from today btw
sVdKt4K.jpg

PLEASE...

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
"How many times do we have to run at Aaron Donald before we get the message that you don’t fucking run at him?"

Profound statement of week one.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jimmy's first touchdown grab as a Seahawk was fun!

Fun? Is that what a Seahawk calls it? Fun?

They should do more of those.

Very good critical analysis. This guy calls himself the Fieldgull or something as if he is known for his great game break downs. LOL

of course the final play's failure was due to the Rams overpowering the linemen. They've made many strides, and should be a relatively formidable unit by the time the season comes to a close, but they're not there yet.

Dance with the one that brung yah. The Seahawks started the rebuild with the Oline and now they pretty much have tried to replace it all with later round picks. Sacrificing Unger was an enormous gaffe IMO.

-Earl Thomas still knows how to hit.

The best safety in the NFL showed that he's plenty healthy enough to continue to play football at its highest level. He was flying all over the field on Sunday, per usual. However, his biggest play of the game came late in the fourth quarter.

Is he talking about the Pead fumble? He was barely holding onto it. That was no crushing hit.

How many times do we have to run at Aaron Donald before we get the message that you don’t freaking run at him?

Quote of the day here.

It was odd not to take those deep shots
when the Rams had two DBs out.

Maybe because the ones in there actually played well? Think of that?

Were you surprised that one of the best D-lines in the NFL was able to get into the backfield against one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, when it was obvious what we would be doing?

Again, they had a huge weakness on Oline and didn't address it accordingly.

My conclusion is that Fisher had one more trick in the bag than Carroll did, who then outsmarted himself once again with the onside kick. It’ll be different next year, right?

Yep.

They were daring Wilson to throw short over the middle, knowing very well that Wilson can’t see very well there, and that our offensive line was going to have almost no success opening throwing lanes.

Yep, again.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Seattle is a prime example of the NFL trend to think any old OLman is fine.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please tell me this was from today btw
sVdKt4K.jpg

PLEASE...

Don't know for sure. Picked it out of Google images as the best representation of how he probably felt after the game. My bet is that it's probably after his interception that ended the Super Bowl. Either that or he found out by reading ROD threads that his nickname is "Wussell." :banana:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I just spent some time looking thru some of their threads. Lot of sky falling, but some guys giving us our props. Lots of hate for the OC, can't say as I blame them I haven't thought much of their offense for a couple of years. Basically they just relied on Lynch. Some whining about cheap shots and hits to Wilson's head and DPI. You know, because they never do any of that themselves. Sherman especially.

FRO

Legend
I just spent some time looking thru some of their threads. Lot of sky falling, but some guys giving us our props. Lots of hate for the OC, can't say as I blame them I haven't thought much of their offense for a couple of years. Basically they just relied on Lynch. Some whining about cheap shots and hits to Wilson's head and DPI. You know, because they never do any of that themselves. Sherman especially.
While their OC isn't very good the real problem goes to the HC and GM on the building of their offense. They have a heck of a building block in Lynch. His style of play goes well with their brand of defense. Instead of giving away two big assets to get a TE who doesn't block, why not build a kick butt line for your guy to run behind. Once Lynch gets moving he is so hard to bring down. They screwed themselves by poor building.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
While their OC isn't very good the real problem goes to the HC and GM on the building of their offense. They have a heck of a building block in Lynch. His style of play goes well with their brand of defense. Instead of giving away two big assets to get a TE who doesn't block, why not build a kick butt line for your guy to run behind. Once Lynch gets moving he is so hard to bring down. They screwed themselves by poor building.

Yep, everyone thinks the OL is low priority. Lynch is 30 and I don't see a quality back up in sight either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

A few years ago when Carroll ran away from USC as fast as he could he signed Darrell Bevell. Bevell was getting a lot of praise for the OC job he did in Minnesota and later on in Seattle.

I don't think the problem really is Bevell. The problem is that they had a pretty good run blocking Oline and got a very good runningback from Buffalo to run behind it. Any offense there is, is going to work better with a good running game. There's was very good.......the staple of what they did. So Bevell looked great.

Now the Oline stinks, Beast mode is not 26 anymore and the running game is starting to decline. That allows teams to key on other areas. So now Bevell stinks. Fans SMH

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yeah. They give up Unger and a first rounder. They could have gotten an Olineman with that pick. Why did they do that? I think the reason was that for a few years now they were said to covet the big jump ball receiving target. They supposedly felt that is the piece that their offense needed to be a success. They tried to move up to get Mike Evans but failed. Apparently this 'final' piece was so unobtainable that they gave up a lot to get it. I do see how that kind of player fits what Wilson does. So now they have to fix the Oline. Maybe the draft a Center and a ORT/G next April and it works out with only one down year.

Schneider has gotten a lot of credit over the last few years for being some kind of genius GM. His recent drafts are not as laden with late round gems though. Seahawk fans like to point out that it is because their roster is too good. I think it is the Jimmy Johnson effect. Pete comes out of college very familiar with his competition at the college level. More familiar than NFL GMs because his teams played against them for several years. Plus he had some friends giving him tips. Now that pool is dried up and the field is more even.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
A few years ago when Carroll ran away from USC as fast as he could he signed Darrell Bevell. Bevell was getting a lot of praise for the OC job he did in Minnesota and later on in Seattle.

I don't think the problem really is Bevell. The problem is that they had a pretty good run blocking Oline and got a very good runningback from Buffalo to run behind it. Any offense there is, is going to work better with a good running game. There's was very good.......the staple of what they did. So Bevell looked great.

Now the Oline stinks, Beast mode is not 26 anymore and the running game is starting to decline. That allows teams to key on other areas. So now Bevell stinks. Fans SMH

I think his playcalling is a little off sometimes but relying on an aging RB and a QB who can't throw out of the pocket because he's 5'2 looks a little silly when there's no investment on the OL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yep, everyone thinks the OL is low priority. Lynch is 30 and I don't see a quality back up in sight either.

Well they traded Christine Michael to Dallas and I think Turbin is getting released. I was surprised by the Michael trade because supposedly he was their future at RB and was this incredible talent. Must have been bs. Once Lynch is gone they are going to need another similar RB to keep it up. They will eventually have to do a rebuild. Their secondary stars are aging, their RB is aging, the line is seeing a turnover. And, their finding out it isn't so easy to replacing superstars.

FRO

Legend
Yeah. They give up Unger and a first rounder. They could have gotten an Olineman with that pick. Why did they do that? I think the reason was that for a few years now they were said to covet the big jump ball receiving target. They supposedly felt that is the piece that their offense needed to be a success. They tried to move up to get Mike Evans but failed. Apparently this 'final' piece was so unobtainable that they gave up a lot to get it. I do see how that kind of player fits what Wilson does. So now they have to fix the Oline. Maybe the draft a Center and a ORT/G next April and it works out with only one down year.

Schneider has gotten a lot of credit over the last few years for being some kind of genius GM. His recent drafts are not as laden with late round gems though. Seahawk fans like to point out that it is because their roster is too good. I think it is the Jimmy Johnson effect. Pete comes out of college very familiar with his competition at the college level. More familiar than NFL GMs because his teams played against them for several years. Plus he had some friends giving him tips. Now that pool is dried up and the field is more even.
I agree with this. Their 2010 draft class is outstanding. Okung, Thomas, Taint, Thurmond, Chancellor. Their 2011 and 2012 classes had some good gets as well in Sherman, Wright, Irvin, Wagner, and Wilson. Their last 3 drafts have almost been total washes. That will sink a franchise. So your point of Pete knowing the lay of the college land at first is a very solid point. The longer he has been in the NFL the worse their drafts have gotten.