What Seahawks Fans Are Saying.....After the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

---------
St. Louis is here for good. We got tore up by a third string running back. Gurley will feast on our current D.
--------

tumblr_loil83wq101qkfp71o1_400.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Schadenfreude FLOWS....

And it's scrumdidliumptious, if I do say...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun. LOLOLOL...Oh how they sound.....Lucky to be this close...Russell must have played lights out..18 4th quarter points...wtf was happening?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Click link below to watch videos.
sVdKt4K.jpg

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/13...takeaways-from-the-rams-victory-over-seattle-

Seahawks-Rams Final Score: 3 takeaways from the Rams' victory over the Seahawks
By Nick Polak@TheREALNPolak

usa-today-8799702.0.jpg

Jeff Curry-USA TODAY Sports

Russell Wilson finally has an overtime loss.

Seahawks dropped a tough one in St. Louis, and after giving up a late seven-point lead, lost in overtime by a final of 34-31 after an unsuccessful onsides kick produced a Rams field goal.

It was an inauspicious start for these teams, with the only score in the first quarter coming on a Tyler Lockett punt return for a touchdown. The defensive battle continued through the half, as the teams went into the break tied at ten. The second half would lead to far more fireworks, however.

After Nick Foles "ran" in a touchdown and Tavon Austin returned a punt of his own for a touchdown, the Rams found themselves with an 11 point advantage heading into the fourth quarter. The Seahawks defense came alive in that fourth quarter to give their team a chance to win the game in regulation (more on those plays below), but couldn't keep the Rams from tying things up with a minute to go in regulation. Dion Bailey wasn't able to stay on his feet while covering Lance Kendricks, and Foles hit him for a long score, which surely made Kam Chancellor and his agent quite happy.

So off to overtime we went. Tarvaris Jackson uncharacteristically lost the coin flip, and Pete Carroll chose to try for an onside kick to open the extra period, which St. Louis was able to recover (after Jeff Triplette tried to confuse everyone). The defense held Foles and company to a field goal, and had a chance to go down the field to tie or win the game. Then, on fourth and one with the game on the line, Marshawn Lynch was stuffed in the backfield by the overpowering St. Louis defensive line. And that was that.

A disheartening loss for the Seahawks, to be sure. While there are a lot of things that will need to be cleaned up in order for this team to make another playoff run, seeing their trademarked resiliency show up in the fourth quarter was nice.

Key Plays
1. Tyler Lockett did the dang thing yet again.

We've known for some time now that Tyler Lockett has the potential to be a difference-maker for the Seattle Seahawks, and today we were given proof that his awesome-ness will carry over to the regular season. He had multiple receptions where he seemingly transported five more yards upfield. The marquee moment of his day, however, was clearly this beautifully blocked and executed punt return for the touchdown (the Seahawks' first since 2007).

2. Cary Williams is out to silence the haters.

Williams hasn't seemed to earn his place in the Seahawks secondary yet, according to many Seattle fans. His resume from Philadelphia wasn't terribly impressive to begin with, and some inconsistencies in the preseason didn't help his cause. Today though, he came up big and made what was, at the time, the most important play of the game.

Coming on the corner blitz, Williams was able to get the sack of Nick Foles, force the fumble, recover the fumble and run it in for the score. Such plays are definitely rarities in the NFL, and Williams deserves a lot of credit for it (and for his solid coverage all day).

3. Different play, relatively same result.

After the final play of the game, the first thing I heard on my television was "this time they gave it to Marshawn", which was of course referencing the final play of last year's Super Bowl. The right side of the defensive line was manhandled, and Marshawn had defenders draped all over him just moments after he received the handoff.

The Rams were built to prevent this final play from succeeding, and prevent it they did.

Key Stats
-Jared Cook: 5 catches, 85 yards

Cook was open all day long, consistently finding soft spots in the defense. He's always had potential to be a great player, and he showed some of that today.

-Tyler Lockett: 4 catches, 34 yards, 57 yard punt return for TD

Lockett was a magician with the ball in his hands, picking up first downs, zooming ahead four yards when it looked like he had none and returning a punt for the first score of the game. Look for Lockett to get even more time on offense in the coming weeks, after showing that he can be a valuable asset for Wilson.

-Jermaine Kearse: 8 catches, 76 yards

For all of the talk of cutting Kearse to make cap room in the offseason, it became clear why they didn't go that route on Sunday. Kearse remains one of Wilson's favorite targets, and he did a nice job against the Rams. He's still not a #1 receiver type, but he's a steady presence for the Seattle arial attack.

Quick Hitters
-The defense is still very good.

They gave up 34 points on the day, but this defense is still full of weapons at every level. They're certainly missing their enforcer, Kam Chancellor (especially on the Kendricks touchdown), but they are still more than good enough to win games. Avril and Bennett, specifically, seemed to be all over the place in this one.

-Jimmy Graham!

Jimmy's first touchdown grab as a Seahawk was fun! It was an important moment in the game, but it also signaled that the Seahawks are likely (hopefully) going to make a true effort to get him the ball in the red zone this season. The play design deserves praise, as well. Any play that gets Graham in a position where he's be able to use his body to box out his opponent, is a good play. They should do more of those.

-The offensive line still has work to do.

That's a tough conclusion to come to, considering the opponent, but they certainly still have room to improve. Wilson spent a lot of time running around behind the line of scrimmage and a lot of time on his back, and of course the final play's failure was due to the Rams overpowering the linemen. They've made many strides, and should be a relatively formidable unit by the time the season comes to a close, but they're not there yet.

-Earl Thomas still knows how to hit.

The best safety in the NFL showed that he's plenty healthy enough to continue to play football at its highest level. He was flying all over the field on Sunday, per usual. However, his biggest play of the game came late in the fourth quarter.

Earl was able to deliver this hit in just the right position to knock it loose, and Bruce Irvin was able to fall on it and recover for the Seahawks. The offense would go 58 yards down the field after the recovery and kick the field goal that would tie the game at 24.

-You get a screen, and YOU get a screen!

The offensive attack seemed to be mainly focused around wide receiver screens today. Screens can be great play calls when you use them two or three times a game. The Seahawks made them overkill today though, even if they were successful quite often. It could have been because Bevell and Cable weren't confident the line could hold the defensive front for St. Louis back long enough for any downfield developing plays, but it was still a little much.

What it Means
It's only week one, so there obviously isn't any major news, standings-wise. The Rams take a one game lead in the division for now, but they'll face the Hawks again in Seattle in later December. Hopefully this was just the Seahawks getting their yearly goose egg against the Rams out of the way early.

Up next, they have the Green Bay Packers in primetime at Lambeau Field. The offense will need to figure some things out this week, and figure out how to put up points earlier in the game to give their defense some rest.
----------
It was pretty much fire drill every down with the Rams DL in Russ’s face a couple seconds after the snap. There looked to be a very clear emphasis in getting the ball out fast, and the little 2 to 3-yard dink routes may have been primary there. We’d have to look at the film to get a better idea.
-------
Part of Wilson’s struggles certainly come form the O-line as well. I’m really getting tired of fielding such a bad O-line.
--------
Bevell STILL hasn't figured out...
that when the game is on the line and you must gain 1 yard, our best play is to line up RW under center, play action fake to the Beast and roll out Russ. The D HAS to play the run first! And RW can then throw it or run it.
--------
My other Bevell complaint is failing to throw over the defense.
The Rams and others collapse 8 and more into the box against us. We have to keep them honest by stretching the field vertically. Even if its a throw-away…just heave it deep after 2 seconds and the D will have to respect and defend the possibility of a deep ball.
--------
I'm with the haters...
Shotgun run on 4th and 1 with all the problems we were having with the Rams O-Line? Terrible play call. Almost as if he lacked the awareness he should have as an O.C.- Jimmy Graham in short yardage.. maybe even a screen pass or Lockett or Baldwin. Anything other than a shotgun run.

Then there’s the O-Line. Terrible. Not quite dumpster fire.. there’s still time for them to improve, but today.. they were AWFUL.
-------
Now more than ever, I fear our coaching capabilities
Bevell still makes HORENDOUS calls. 5 wide sets with your RB our wide. Read option on one yard downs. Not seeing wide open receivers. Letting the dump off pass rip you to shreds. Lining safeties up in man. Onside kicking in fucking overtime. Coaches need to wake up or this will be a LONG season.
---------
From the 1st sack when we went empty it was clear the offensive line wasn't blocking their d-linemen
I think by maybe the 2nd sack on an empty set, the thought could be leave an HB to help with some protection. Yeah I think the empty set wasn’t so successful today
--------
Different offense now
Jimmy Graham, Lockett, new O-line, we have to adjust. Clearly Russell needs more than 5 o-line, because he was either getting planted in a couple seconds or holding onto it too long. Should not be as pressured next week with GBs defense, but holy hell make adjustments. This team looks to have forgotten how to adjust at the half.
--------
The way Bevell called this game was completely baffling. Especially in critical situations.
A read option run on 4th and one? That is simply not a good 4th down play with the game on the line against the Rams defensive front. Lynch is not even allowed to be moving forward after the snap when receiving the handoff and everyone knows what’s coming.

The fade route to Kearse as the primary receiver on that third and short earlier was equally puzzling. Where in Bevell’s calculations and reasoning was there likelihood of success?

The back half of the defense, including the line backiers constantly out of position, breaking contain, not matching the Ram’s patience with letting screens and counters develop is also worrisome. And surprising. The defense looked unsound and suspect at times. And easily exploitable for the critical big play.
---------
That was painful. And it isn't going to get any easier.
---------
Everyone knew that Lynch was getting the ball...
And Lynch got stuffed and blown up as usual. How many times does Lynch have to not convert on X and 1 to go before we stop giving him the ball?

How many times do we have to run at Aaron Donald before we get the message that you don’t fucking run at him?

How many times do we have to have Russell get sacked before we stop trying to keep him in the pocket?
--------
I don't hate Lynch, but I hate giving him the ball when the game is on the line when they know he's getting the ball.
Why go weakness (SEA O-Line) vs. Strength (STL D-line) when you can easily design a mismatch with Graham or Lockett?

There were no deep shots down the field at all, I felt like I was watching UW vs. Boise State.
--------
Their DLine was in our backfield constantly.
How exactly do you plan to take deep shots when your QB has 1.5 seconds from snap to contact?
---------
It was odd not to take those deep shots
when the Rams had two DBs out.
--------
Play action's only a weapon
After the threat of the run’s been established. RW was spy’d to death today.
--------
So the Rams penetrate our O-Line and get in the backfield before Lynch touches the ball
and that’s somehow HIS fault?
--------
Did you expect anything else?
Were you surprised that one of the best D-lines in the NFL was able to get into the backfield against one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, when it was obvious what we would be doing?
--------
Perhaps only 6 sacks, but a lot of short gains and throwaways.
Probably 20 drop backs affected by pressure.
---------
When was the last time 30 points got dropped on this defence?
---------
Defense looked like A$$ all around.
K.J and Wagner missing tackles, Irvin/Bennett/Avril failing to get consistent pressure, Dion Bailey falling down like a chump to give up the game tying TD, multiple passes to TEs that were WIDE OPEN, Sherman getting roasted on a couple plays and getting away with PI on another time he was beat…

For how highly paid this defense is, I expected better against NICK FOLES of all people. But no, he was able to dink and dunk with impunity.

Plus, Bevell called an awful game with very few passes to Graham and Lockett in favor of Kearse, who almost had another pass tipped up for an INT.

The O-line was awful, barely even able to give Russell even 2 seconds in the pocket before Aaron Donald made them look like wimps.
---------
Predicted scapegoats: Bevell, Cary Williams, the offensive line in general.
All worth talking about. But we should also be paying attention to:

Russell’s issues discerning and responding to the blitz. A secondary that regularly lost tight ends and running backs. Poor tackling. Absolutely awful punt coverage on the TD.
---------
What are you supposed to do when Donald blows up a double team and gets to Russell in under 2 seconds?
Give me a break, Russell did what he could to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
----------
Rams social media intern (or Jeff Fisher) doesn't realize Russell says "1-0" every week, is dick about it.
St. Louis Rams ✔@STLouisRams
Hey @DangeRussWilson, don't delete this... https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/642799067656024064 …
4:40 PM - 13 Sep 2015
--------
SImply...ouch.
This wasn’t really the game to see if the pocket would hold for Wilson. I really think they should have designed more plays to get him out of the pocket. We gashed the Rams last year (even though we lost that one as well). We have more pieces to the puzzle for success than most, but we need to really game-play and play calls to facilitate that success. Good game, tough loss. We had our share of mental errors, but it was another winnable game we may regret down the road.
----------
I'm speechless with this offensive play calling.
How do you look at the Ram’s d line and think "Hey, let’s hand it off to Marshawn going left so that he can run right towards Donald. Get Russell out on a boot and give him some options. Last play and you’re gonna leave it up to an O-Line that hadn’t blocked well all game. It feels like we go through this every other week with Bevel whether we win or lose. He calls a play and I’m left thinking how in the world did he think this would be productive.
---------
Donald is a beast and beat Britt like a drum it seemed
Good news is that not every team has an Aaron Donald
---------
So do I blame Carroll or...
Kam? Bevel was bad but I don’t think it was his decision to call timeout 2 seconds before the 2 minute warning or on-side kick it in over time against the fucking Rams?! You always make the Rams drive the whole field!!
---------
Officials made some odd phantom calls in this one for both teams.
Looking at other games, it looks like Pass Interference is not going to be called if both players make contact.

Also, Bennett, what the hell?

My conclusion is that Fisher had one more trick in the bag than Carroll did, who then outsmarted himself once again with the onside kick. It’ll be different next year, right?
---------
No. Not every team has a D line like the Rams. Things are okay.
It’s disappointing but we are in STL and bad shit happens there to MANYteams. This can’t be forgotten.
--------
And almost every team has a secondary better than the Rams.
And almost every team has a RB core better than the Rams did today.
----------
The simple answer? It's hard.
It’s not like the defense is sitting there saying "run any play you want". Unlike you or I, Bevell has access to all-22 footage and untold other information that allows him to see the kinds of things the opponent does. He can see that certain things aren’t going to work before we try them.

I love how Bevell finally does what everyone was calling for on a critical one-yard play, and we still give him shit for it. Ridiculous.

Maybe you can’t run screens to Lockett because his man – due to Lockett’s rookiedom and small stature – plays closer to the LOS? Or the linebacker is lined up further out? What’s your assertion, that Bevell just thinks "wow, Lockett sucks, don’t give him the ball"? Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you. You can’t just force the ball into certain players’ hands, it doesn’t work (see the prior paragraph).

Why aren’t we taking shots downfield? Did you watch the game? Wilson was lying on his back half the time, and the other half of the time the Rams were playing two safeties verydeep. They were daring Wilson to throw short over the middle, knowing very well that Wilson can’t see very well there, and that our offensive line was going to have almost no success opening throwing lanes.

That’s great that you wouldn’t call a single play from the pocket. Problem is, you can’t just roll people out willy-nilly. The Rams were blitzing from the outside all day, which when combined with a rollout = tackle for loss. You can put another blocker out there, but that takes away a receiver and actually allows yet another defender to just line up tight and screw up pre-snap reads.
-----------
If you look at every Super Bowl winning team
There are always some stinker games in there. Always.

Here’s what keeps me positive. When I look around the rest of the league, there’s not one team I see where I’m like yea, I sure hope we don’t have to play them. I think we can beat every damn team in the league with what we got.

The goal is to win the NFC West and get into the playoffs. We’re gonna have some ugly losses this year and als some very ugly/lucky wins. Gotta take em in stride.
-----------
That said, three takeaways:
1. There are two ways to beat the Seahawks that we’ve seen: chunking your way down the field on offense, or by dominating the Hawks’ o-line. The Rams did both. The second isn’t surprising, given what the Rams have invested up front, the first is really frustrating. I’m not actually frustrated that much with the secondary, including Bailey…yeah, there were some misses in coverage (and Bailey’s trip…oof), but that happens in all games (remember when Glennon looked like a hero for three quarters against us in 2013?) What I am is REALLYfrustrated with the linebackers today. Gonna be lots of TE REC and 6 YD RUSH showing up in the play-by-play. KJ and Wagz got paid, they really need to play up to that level. I’m a little disappointed with lack of interior pass rush, but that’s a bonus and not usually a killer.

2. The second half adjustments didn’t show up until a little too late, but for the first quarter, fourth quarter, and overtime up until the last series, I really liked what the offense was doing. Lots of people don’t like the short passes, but it was a fantastic way to neutralize the Rams supersize pressure. Russ needs time to gel with Jimmy, and that connection looked cool as hell when they started getting it together. I think Green Bay might not know what hit them on offense next Sunday unless they get 4 kazillion first rounders on their d-line this week.

3. The Hawks have a sports psychologist, a head-coach-level guy running the offensive line…can someone for the love of Largent come in to discuss clock management with this team? This is a legitimate issue that has been present with team since Pete and company got here in 2010, no matter who is quarterbacking or coordinating. Someone needed to step in at the end of each half and before the final OT play:

• End of First Half: with 51 seconds left and the ball at roughly the 20/30 yard line, DO call one of your three timeouts. The timeout was called after the next snap…at 0:26. The rest of the drive was a flurry of hyper-constrained shortpasses, since the Rams couldn’t (and shouldn’t) believe we would run the ball.
  • End of Second Half: are you going for a score in regulation or not? You have one timeout and 51 seconds left (again): it would be a-ok not to. But if you are going for it, you have enough time to go in the middle of the field if there’s a shot to gain 20! With one timeout, there is NO reason to run it. They did, gained 6 yards, had to call a timeout (if I remember correctly)
  • End of Game: just call a fucking timeout and get 4th and game right. You can’t take those 2 timeouts with you.
---------------
Sherman got away with egregious PI and got roasted on at least two passes.
The defense lost this game for us, after Russell put the team on his back and drove down the field for the go ahead score.

Defense just laid down and gave it up like a girl with daddy issues on prom night. Where was the run D? Pressure? Hawk Tackling to limit YAC?
------------
I'd be terrified if the O-line was letting monsters like Donald and Quinn run at me almost unblocked within 2 seconds of the snap.
-----------
Nicky F played great today...
We can criticize our own LBs all day, and. Defensive backfield was a shell of itself. However, Foles hung in repeatedly, took some big hits. And dropped dimes routinely. Good game Foles; congrats. Fish has to be jacked for his QB.
----------
Foles was constantly getting the ball out right before we could sack him
-----------
Yes. It's only one game, but replacing Bradford with Foles has made the Rams a much more dangerous team.
Let’s not be sore losers. Foles played a helluva game and deserves credit for it.

Athos

Legend
Lockett was a magician with the ball in his hands, picking up first downs, zooming ahead four yards when it looked like he had none and returning a punt for the first score of the game. Look for Lockett to get even more time on offense in the coming weeks, after showing that he can be a valuable asset for Wilson.

I can't understand what he's saying with all that Lockett she-DNA rifle in his mouth. Makes it difficult to understand anything but garbling.

Rams social media intern (or Jeff Fisher) doesn't realize Russell says "1-0" every week, is dick about it.
St. Louis Rams ✔@STLouisRams

lmao.

That makes him even more retarded.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
uK7a4np.gif

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113482

Initial Thoughts

I had to remove my heart from this game before halftime. And it became easier to watch from a rational mindset. A view from 20,000'...

Our Oline deficiencies cut our playbook down significantly, and we already had a small playbook. Russell did not take a snap under center the entire 2nd half. No bootlegs, no play action at all. We have Marshawn Lynch, but don't have the OLine to exploit half of what he brings. Dissapointing, but we can only get better and there aren't many teams we'll line up against that have the front 4 that these guys do.

Unless we absolutely needed to, we refused to throw the ball downfield. This part of our game has vanished. We did it successfully, at times, today…why not put that piece into the puzzle as a staple?

Our DLine is too damned good, and deep, to not match these guys sack-for-sack…or at least hurry-for-hurry. I also thought our runD was mediocre relative to where I thought we'd be and considering the OLine there in StL and Cunningham is 3rd string.

Lockett is a phenom. Use him as much as possible, in every situation possible.

Graham…ibid. We only used him when we absolutely needed him. He needs to be our base in the passing game. Between he and Lockett, we should be golden in the passing game, period.

I'm not going to even say a word about Cary Williams or Dion Bailey. Just…damn. He had a freak play that was a beauty, but…

Wagner was gone today. Not sure what to say about that. Someone please watch the film and explain this to us idiots.

But, to me... it all boils drown to our offensive scheme. We have, what looks like, about 4 formations and maybe a dozen plays. I called half of them to my family today and I was half-drunk by halftime. Any DCoordinator salivates when they play us.

We look like an 8-10 win team, with our schedule, this year. I'm ready to settle for a rebuilding year. I'm not saying the sky is falling, just trying to set my mind up for a possible reality….

…which means I'm officially [relatively] emotionally detached until I see evidence that we can compete for a championship. Hopefully, I can be rational going forward with this mindset. I hope I'm wrong.
---------
Our O-Line held up against even a high end DL but sometimes they just completely collapsed. It was either decent or horrible. There is potential but we need consistency.

The worst thing to see was that Kam cost us this game. Not because his replacement made a crucial mistake but because of the effect of him not being there had on Earl and Sherm. Sherm lacked serious motivation today. He covered well but never even tried to make a play and Earl was constantly just a bit too late while that never happens with Kam next to him.

If Kam doesn't play all year I seriously doubt we make the play-offs. Such a waste of a year if that happens.
---------
If no one else wants to, I'll take a dig at both Cary Williams and Dion Bailey.

1st: Bailey, outside of a solo tackle in coverage, he did absolutely nothing this game. No presence on the field at all. Then to top it off he gets caught flat footed against a TE, stumbles and gives up the game-trying TD.

2nd: Holy **** did Cary Williams fail at covering his assignments today. I think he got burned for 150 yards. Great TD/sack, but the guy can't cover at all. It was terrible watching him out there.

I just can't believe how bad our defense looked out there. I mean, damn. We looked bad.

As an aside, what the hell was that unnecessary roughness call on Hill I think? Am I the only one that didn't see anything to warrant a flag? Dude was trying to get up and they flag him for 15. wtf.

All in all, today sucked, next week doesn't look good at all.
----------
Lethargy seemed rampant today. Bobby was invisible much of this game. Could just be me, but it seemed like Sherm is still favoring his injured arm. Earl isnt getting his full range of motion yet either. Not a fan of Cary Williams yet, but seems servicable. Bailey I thought did ok all things considered. Falling down happens. We are misusing him,but Graham at least was sure handed today so I like that. Lockett is a star already. Wilson had a rocky first half AGAIN. Willson dropping that touchdown was inexcusable. We were ultimately undone by coaching on this one though.
---------
Most of us on this board could see this coming from pre-season forward. The O-line struggles to run block or pass block. And there aren't any other players on the team who are better that can take their place. Unless they (the O-line) can get bigger, faster, and stronger in the weight room throughout the year, this is it.

The play calling as you alluded to was scripted and tailored with such conservatism anyone could see what plays were coming and when. Just telegraphed all day long. And don't blame Russell for not throwing down the field deep. There wasn't any time . He ran from Aaron Donald all day long. As a matter of fact he beat Britt and Sweezy like unwanted step children. It was a shame.

But the coup de grace came on the poor play by Bailey as he stood flat footed, fell to the ground and let the tying touchdown get free. Yes #31 should have been there. And how does Pete call an onside kick and give the ball at the 50 yard line in an over time game? A game in which his team was struggling, but had a better chance in OT if his defense could have held deep. Bad calls are starting to follow Pete around. I just hope it doesn't become a bad habit.

In the end JB was right. If Kam doesn't return, and if Green Bay puts a revenge whooping on this team next week, the chemistry and fire may soon begin to dwindle. The Packers have been waiting for this game all year. And as a result we could be in a rebuilding mode. I hope not. I'm just a realist that faces the reality of what my eyes observe.
----------
I thought the tackling just looked bad overall today, and couldn't believe how a 3rd string RB was running rampant on the defense. I was really disappointed in the secondary, Earl seemed slower than normal.
---------
Absolutely. I was present at the StL game last year and left wondering the same thing I'm wondering today...are we this bad?

But it's the concepts a much as- or even more than- the execution. Our offensive concept is just bad. Predictable and unintelligent.

Not sure yet what to make of this defensive performance.
-----------
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113498

This loss is on the Defense

All the Bevel hater threads ignore that our D gave up big chunks of yardage to what was supposed to be a weak offense. What was up with the wide open receivers all day? And why were they able to escape so many 3rd and longs?

Still, not worried as I believe the D will get better as they play together and get the communication and assignments down. But we need to do a better job against the Packers.
---------
St. Louis is here for good. We got tore up by a third string running back. Gurley will feast on our current D.
--------
I'm at a loss of how our pass rushers were so "hot/cold" BUT then again the amount of holding as pretty decent to.. jerseys being held left and right especially on those long passes. But when they'd run half out team was in the back field tackling them.
--------
The other thing I'm hating about this loss is it looks like people are going to be hating on Dion. He clearly slipped on the TD play and that can happen to anyone. What I don't know is if the wide open receivers were his fault. Couldn't have been all of them. Someone with better knowledge of schemes and responsibilities will have to clue me in.
---------
I would think that 31 points should be enough to win with our elite Defense?

I'll bet that our Offense had as many 3 and outs as the number 3rd down conversions our D gave up.
---------
Considering that the defense only gave up 21 points and had multiple turnovers, I'd say that was good enough. Never mind that 7 of those 31 came from the defense itself.

Not going to blame them for a punt return TD and two field goals with bad field position. That's 13 points scored by the Rams where the defense gave up maybe 30 yards.

Defense was still great today aside from one terrible play, and it's sad to me that they're getting a lot of the blame. We would never have made a comeback if not for the D.
---------
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113463

Elite QBs can move up the field in overtime

I understand that is Bevell but Russ needs to shake off his calls because they suck.

If you are truly an elite QB, that means you produce when other parts of the team are not.

So far, one game in, he needs to work harder.
--------
Dude. Really? Enlighten everyone. Elite running backs convert on short yardage plays every time. Elite corners never allow a pass. Elite teams never lose... Wow.
--------
Does he have the cache to call his own plays in his 4yr? No only guys that have been in the league for awhile have that power even then they still put thier best players to perform and produce. Which Bevell looks very bad at right now. He got away with Percy being a dumb fart but its not a trend from Rice to Taint to Harvin to Graham.
--------
Russ is a pre modonna .... Every time seattle get a so called playmaker they make it predicable for defenses
-------
U realize the QB with most 4th qtr/ot winning drives in the last 3 seasons and 1 game is Wilson right. So not great choice for the elite thing given he leads in that category
---------
Don't care how much game winning drives Russell Wilson have. Thats in the past and today he didn't get it done period.
--------
How does this relate to elite? If RW would actually show up before the 3rd QT maybe he wouldn't need to be making all these comebacks in the first place.
---------
Short sighted, delusional unrealistic. Even the top qbs ever to play fail sometimes. Given what u said u should be on Lynch after all he could not get 1 yard
--------
He got in the RZ a few times.

Was pretty terrible, but this team needs to decide what it wants to do with him.

If it really wants to ride with the QB and have him Joe Montana his way to victory, then they better get him a line that can snap the ball right and pass block. Right now they have a bunch of guys that look like they should be moving furniture but cannot be consistent protection for a passing team. And with all these guys coming for the QB, since we have a bunch of terrible OL, we lose the threat of the run.

Lynch looks average out there, because his blocking is horrific. So with no run game, the pressure falls on Russ - which is worse because Bevell is asking him to throw the ball 12 yds for 3 yd gains. All the risk of interception/turnover/sack but none of the benefit of potentially moving the chain, stretching the defense, or scoring.

They basically are asking Russ to Superman it, throw to the great Wrs but we will give you no help in OL, Run game or even playcalling.

This team needs to figure out that putting all the eggs in the QB basket is going to end up with egg on their face. The QB basket isn't enough to make this team win consistently, not with the pieces you are asking the QB to work with.
--------
You do realize this was his first over time loss right???

Russ wasn't perfect or even close but he had NO time to throw (thanks o-line) and has a severely incompetent OC,
That is in love with plays that don't work. I stopped counting after 8 bubble screens and at least 7 empty sets on 3rd down, all epic failures! Your job as an OC is to put your offense in the best position to SUCCEED with the weapons you have. Bevell has a toolbox full of weapons, but he insists on always using the broken wrench!
--------
That is exactly what I just got done saying.

If you want to ride the QB, you have to call plays that let your QB attack. And you have to have a serviceable OL, and we went below bargain basement on the OL. There is a reason teams don't sign a 60% brand new OL consisting of almost half ex-defensive players. Because it is dangerous to your QB and does not help.

And all that adding bargain bin OL did to our run game was to kill it. And clearly they were a disaster in pass protection.

Either call plays to let Russ attack downfield (like the Rams did for Foles) or focus on fixing the run game. But bear in mind that going to a passing attack means our defense is going to suffer too.

Right now, we have half of one approach and half of the other - with bad results for both.
An Open letter to all Sea-Hawk Fans; I hate to be an ' I told you so' type Guy BUT, I Told you ...

Ram beast.jpg

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What? some folks talking sense?

Okay, I guess...

…..

Legend
Love this!.....thanks Peter!

I could quote so many great one liners from this thread but I'll just bullet a couple favs

* The Rams are here to stay*

me= it felt like, but not quite as monumental, as the day we beat the Niners in 99 and Bruce had all tose TD's.....and its feels great to have enemies acknowledge their nemesis.

*Good news is, Not every team has Aaron Donald*

me= True, but you're still reaching for a beacon of light in the darkness that is your future.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Its hard to be gracious in defeat. I had plenty of times last year where I could have given credit but chose to talk about what we did wrong.
Not too mad at their fans. I think both of our fan bases overestimate where our teams are at this point in the season. We're just on the 1-0 side of it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Our DLine is too damned good, and deep, to not match these guys sack-for-sack…or at least hurry-for-hurry."

Lolllllll, no

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love this!.....thanks Peter!

You're welcome. Btw you won the point total this week and will get paid as soon as the boys from the ROD bank, @CGI_Ram and @Selassie I, blow back into town. I keep getting this error when I try to transfer the money:

The following error occurred:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fuck the Seacocks and their suddenly remoarseful "fans". It's OUR Rams time in the present and fuck the past.

…..

Legend
You're welcome. Btw you won the point total this week and will get paid as soon as the boys from the ROD bank, @CGI_Ram and @Selassie I, blow back into town. I keep getting this error when I try to transfer the money:

The following error occurred:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Haha...thank you. I'm not in any rush to spend my new found wealth lol

@RhodyRams is the bookie on all of today's action so nobody's getting paid yet! :)

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
Haha...thank you. I'm not in any rush to spend my new found wealth lol

@RhodyRams is the bookie on all of today's action so nobody's getting paid yet! :)
Winding down my weekend so might get around to settling some bets soon