What Seahawks Fans Are Saying.....After the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
uK7a4np.gif

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113482

Initial Thoughts

I had to remove my heart from this game before halftime. And it became easier to watch from a rational mindset. A view from 20,000'...

Our Oline deficiencies cut our playbook down significantly, and we already had a small playbook. Russell did not take a snap under center the entire 2nd half. No bootlegs, no play action at all. We have Marshawn Lynch, but don't have the OLine to exploit half of what he brings. Dissapointing, but we can only get better and there aren't many teams we'll line up against that have the front 4 that these guys do.

Unless we absolutely needed to, we refused to throw the ball downfield. This part of our game has vanished. We did it successfully, at times, today…why not put that piece into the puzzle as a staple?

Our DLine is too damned good, and deep, to not match these guys sack-for-sack…or at least hurry-for-hurry. I also thought our runD was mediocre relative to where I thought we'd be and considering the OLine there in StL and Cunningham is 3rd string.

Lockett is a phenom. Use him as much as possible, in every situation possible.

Graham…ibid. We only used him when we absolutely needed him. He needs to be our base in the passing game. Between he and Lockett, we should be golden in the passing game, period.

I'm not going to even say a word about Cary Williams or Dion Bailey. Just…damn. He had a freak play that was a beauty, but…

Wagner was gone today. Not sure what to say about that. Someone please watch the film and explain this to us idiots.

But, to me... it all boils drown to our offensive scheme. We have, what looks like, about 4 formations and maybe a dozen plays. I called half of them to my family today and I was half-drunk by halftime. Any DCoordinator salivates when they play us.

We look like an 8-10 win team, with our schedule, this year. I'm ready to settle for a rebuilding year. I'm not saying the sky is falling, just trying to set my mind up for a possible reality….

…which means I'm officially [relatively] emotionally detached until I see evidence that we can compete for a championship. Hopefully, I can be rational going forward with this mindset. I hope I'm wrong.
---------
Our O-Line held up against even a high end DL but sometimes they just completely collapsed. It was either decent or horrible. There is potential but we need consistency.

The worst thing to see was that Kam cost us this game. Not because his replacement made a crucial mistake but because of the effect of him not being there had on Earl and Sherm. Sherm lacked serious motivation today. He covered well but never even tried to make a play and Earl was constantly just a bit too late while that never happens with Kam next to him.

If Kam doesn't play all year I seriously doubt we make the play-offs. Such a waste of a year if that happens.
---------
If no one else wants to, I'll take a dig at both Cary Williams and Dion Bailey.

1st: Bailey, outside of a solo tackle in coverage, he did absolutely nothing this game. No presence on the field at all. Then to top it off he gets caught flat footed against a TE, stumbles and gives up the game-trying TD.

2nd: Holy **** did Cary Williams fail at covering his assignments today. I think he got burned for 150 yards. Great TD/sack, but the guy can't cover at all. It was terrible watching him out there.

I just can't believe how bad our defense looked out there. I mean, damn. We looked bad.

As an aside, what the hell was that unnecessary roughness call on Hill I think? Am I the only one that didn't see anything to warrant a flag? Dude was trying to get up and they flag him for 15. wtf.

All in all, today sucked, next week doesn't look good at all.
----------
Lethargy seemed rampant today. Bobby was invisible much of this game. Could just be me, but it seemed like Sherm is still favoring his injured arm. Earl isnt getting his full range of motion yet either. Not a fan of Cary Williams yet, but seems servicable. Bailey I thought did ok all things considered. Falling down happens. We are misusing him,but Graham at least was sure handed today so I like that. Lockett is a star already. Wilson had a rocky first half AGAIN. Willson dropping that touchdown was inexcusable. We were ultimately undone by coaching on this one though.
---------
Most of us on this board could see this coming from pre-season forward. The O-line struggles to run block or pass block. And there aren't any other players on the team who are better that can take their place. Unless they (the O-line) can get bigger, faster, and stronger in the weight room throughout the year, this is it.

The play calling as you alluded to was scripted and tailored with such conservatism anyone could see what plays were coming and when. Just telegraphed all day long. And don't blame Russell for not throwing down the field deep. There wasn't any time . He ran from Aaron Donald all day long. As a matter of fact he beat Britt and Sweezy like unwanted step children. It was a shame.

But the coup de grace came on the poor play by Bailey as he stood flat footed, fell to the ground and let the tying touchdown get free. Yes #31 should have been there. And how does Pete call an onside kick and give the ball at the 50 yard line in an over time game? A game in which his team was struggling, but had a better chance in OT if his defense could have held deep. Bad calls are starting to follow Pete around. I just hope it doesn't become a bad habit.

In the end JB was right. If Kam doesn't return, and if Green Bay puts a revenge whooping on this team next week, the chemistry and fire may soon begin to dwindle. The Packers have been waiting for this game all year. And as a result we could be in a rebuilding mode. I hope not. I'm just a realist that faces the reality of what my eyes observe.
----------
I thought the tackling just looked bad overall today, and couldn't believe how a 3rd string RB was running rampant on the defense. I was really disappointed in the secondary, Earl seemed slower than normal.
---------
Absolutely. I was present at the StL game last year and left wondering the same thing I'm wondering today...are we this bad?

But it's the concepts a much as- or even more than- the execution. Our offensive concept is just bad. Predictable and unintelligent.

Not sure yet what to make of this defensive performance.
-----------
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113498

This loss is on the Defense

All the Bevel hater threads ignore that our D gave up big chunks of yardage to what was supposed to be a weak offense. What was up with the wide open receivers all day? And why were they able to escape so many 3rd and longs?

Still, not worried as I believe the D will get better as they play together and get the communication and assignments down. But we need to do a better job against the Packers.
---------
St. Louis is here for good. We got tore up by a third string running back. Gurley will feast on our current D.
--------
I'm at a loss of how our pass rushers were so "hot/cold" BUT then again the amount of holding as pretty decent to.. jerseys being held left and right especially on those long passes. But when they'd run half out team was in the back field tackling them.
--------
The other thing I'm hating about this loss is it looks like people are going to be hating on Dion. He clearly slipped on the TD play and that can happen to anyone. What I don't know is if the wide open receivers were his fault. Couldn't have been all of them. Someone with better knowledge of schemes and responsibilities will have to clue me in.
---------
I would think that 31 points should be enough to win with our elite Defense?

I'll bet that our Offense had as many 3 and outs as the number 3rd down conversions our D gave up.
---------
Considering that the defense only gave up 21 points and had multiple turnovers, I'd say that was good enough. Never mind that 7 of those 31 came from the defense itself.

Not going to blame them for a punt return TD and two field goals with bad field position. That's 13 points scored by the Rams where the defense gave up maybe 30 yards.

Defense was still great today aside from one terrible play, and it's sad to me that they're getting a lot of the blame. We would never have made a comeback if not for the D.
---------
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113463

Elite QBs can move up the field in overtime

I understand that is Bevell but Russ needs to shake off his calls because they suck.

If you are truly an elite QB, that means you produce when other parts of the team are not.

So far, one game in, he needs to work harder.
--------
Dude. Really? Enlighten everyone. Elite running backs convert on short yardage plays every time. Elite corners never allow a pass. Elite teams never lose... Wow.
--------
Does he have the cache to call his own plays in his 4yr? No only guys that have been in the league for awhile have that power even then they still put thier best players to perform and produce. Which Bevell looks very bad at right now. He got away with Percy being a dumb fart but its not a trend from Rice to Taint to Harvin to Graham.
--------
Russ is a pre modonna .... Every time seattle get a so called playmaker they make it predicable for defenses
-------
U realize the QB with most 4th qtr/ot winning drives in the last 3 seasons and 1 game is Wilson right. So not great choice for the elite thing given he leads in that category
---------
Don't care how much game winning drives Russell Wilson have. Thats in the past and today he didn't get it done period.
--------
How does this relate to elite? If RW would actually show up before the 3rd QT maybe he wouldn't need to be making all these comebacks in the first place.
---------
Short sighted, delusional unrealistic. Even the top qbs ever to play fail sometimes. Given what u said u should be on Lynch after all he could not get 1 yard
--------
He got in the RZ a few times.

Was pretty terrible, but this team needs to decide what it wants to do with him.

If it really wants to ride with the QB and have him Joe Montana his way to victory, then they better get him a line that can snap the ball right and pass block. Right now they have a bunch of guys that look like they should be moving furniture but cannot be consistent protection for a passing team. And with all these guys coming for the QB, since we have a bunch of terrible OL, we lose the threat of the run.

Lynch looks average out there, because his blocking is horrific. So with no run game, the pressure falls on Russ - which is worse because Bevell is asking him to throw the ball 12 yds for 3 yd gains. All the risk of interception/turnover/sack but none of the benefit of potentially moving the chain, stretching the defense, or scoring.

They basically are asking Russ to Superman it, throw to the great Wrs but we will give you no help in OL, Run game or even playcalling.

This team needs to figure out that putting all the eggs in the QB basket is going to end up with egg on their face. The QB basket isn't enough to make this team win consistently, not with the pieces you are asking the QB to work with.
--------
You do realize this was his first over time loss right???

Russ wasn't perfect or even close but he had NO time to throw (thanks o-line) and has a severely incompetent OC,
That is in love with plays that don't work. I stopped counting after 8 bubble screens and at least 7 empty sets on 3rd down, all epic failures! Your job as an OC is to put your offense in the best position to SUCCEED with the weapons you have. Bevell has a toolbox full of weapons, but he insists on always using the broken wrench!
--------
That is exactly what I just got done saying.

If you want to ride the QB, you have to call plays that let your QB attack. And you have to have a serviceable OL, and we went below bargain basement on the OL. There is a reason teams don't sign a 60% brand new OL consisting of almost half ex-defensive players. Because it is dangerous to your QB and does not help.

And all that adding bargain bin OL did to our run game was to kill it. And clearly they were a disaster in pass protection.

Either call plays to let Russ attack downfield (like the Rams did for Foles) or focus on fixing the run game. But bear in mind that going to a passing attack means our defense is going to suffer too.

Right now, we have half of one approach and half of the other - with bad results for both.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As an aside, what the hell was that unnecessary roughness call on Hill I think? Am I the only one that didn't see anything to warrant a flag? Dude was trying to get up and they flag him for 15. wtf.

This is rich. He kicked Austin while he was on the ground and you're bitching? After the calls your team got? Come on, Seahawks fans.

…which means I'm officially [relatively] emotionally detached until I see evidence that we can compete for a championship. Hopefully, I can be rational going forward with this mindset. I hope I'm wrong.

This guy sounds like a front-runner.

RamWoodie

Legend
Simply whining by many if you ask me. Some own up and give the DLine their props, but then they don't want to credit a young Ram OLine (with Saffold the only true vet), their props for playing HEAD UP against a very good Seattle DLine. From what I saw:

*GRob got beat bad twice.

*Barnes made a bad snap.

*Brown got beat bad once.

Those are the only real plays that stand out to me... and while more could be pointed out using film, I think the OLine deserves a B- at the least in my book. They gave up 2 sacks...and while Foles was hurried a bit, he had the presence to throw the ball away.

I think they only get better!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Based off of the 1st reaction, the bandwagon might be empty if they lose next week. A rebuild year, seriously? They lost a close game to a competitive team and he's already detached and settling for a rebuild. I mean I hope they crumble, but I cannot see that happening; nothing good ever comes my way.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
How 'bout this? F*&K that bunch of whiney bitches! They got beat by a better team. Get used to it!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Changing of the guard as its RAMS and Cardinals that will play for the playoffs this season. Thats if injuries don't attack us. A FAST start is on the Horizon then we bring slowly in Mason, Quick and THEN GURLEY to add to what I predict is a 1000+ yard season by Cookie down the seams. Thanks Jeff for staying inhouse with CIGNETTI even after just one game. I saw tons of things I have yet to mention. So impressed with our OL and our DL with depth is ALL WORLD against a bad OL the shegals had. We won't get 6 sacks every game. Some well get more. Beating a SB team with our 3rd string RB and new QB is off the charts. We may find a use for Tavon Austin this year too.

Cards wacking Brees and the saints at home so I can't wait for two games with cards. I'm on cloud 9 men. It was a great rollercoaster that we could of had some other calls go our way like Ogletree's fumble recovery that was VERY visable. Tripplettes crew SUX and have been a major nemesis of ours for years and only 30 yards of penalties besides the BS stuff. I have tons more.

Last edited:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Exactly what I would expect from them. If the Rams don't make those big mistakes they blow out Seattke easily. Wouldn't have even been close. And next time we play we will have more chemistry as well as hopefully having Mason, Gurley and Quick.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Know what tastes great? shecock tears. So delicious!!!