what color is is ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand what you're saying, I just thought you were implying that the darker football seen in the Patriots possession was possibly the deflated or altered footballs.

No, IO am not saying that, I am trying to ascertain of other see a difference in the shade of brown. I see a chocolate brown with the Pats and more of a auburn or reddish brown with the others. I am convinved that the Pats like slightly balls inflated to the lower end, they say that. But there are also rules as to how much you can brush and alter the game balls. You cannot use practice balls, but I don't knwo they;ve altered it, but they look different.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Overruled.

Packers_Rams_Football_Brow_t670.jpg

Besides, we all know they keep those footballs dry enough it wouldn't become that dark from just the rain.
No dog in this fight. I just noticed the rain falling and know that footballs change color when they get wet.
I have no idea if they're using a different football or not.

bluecoconuts

Legend
No, IO am not saying that, I am trying to ascertain of other see a difference in the shade of brown. I see a chocolate brown with the Pats and more of a auburn or reddish brown with the others. I am convinved that the Pats like slightly balls inflated to the lower end, they say that. But there are also rules as to how much you can brush and alter the game balls. You cannot use practice balls, but I don't knwo they;ve altered it, but they look different.

But you can use practice balls. The competition committee (with our very own coach on it) said teams can.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
But you can use practice balls. The competition committee (with our very own coach on it) said teams can.

before we even get to if anything was done wrong, it took quite a lot to get you to say there is nothing different in the balls, that any color difference was likely to to lighing and surrounding, you even put up a graphic to prove your point.

On the other hand I've posted pictures and asked if people can see a difference, which you now admit, and said it's because brady likes his balls more worn. Then you threw up a red herring with a shot of Sam in a downpour.

Forgive me, but I am not sensing you want to dicuss anything. You've simply said tacitly "nothing to see here".

So, until we get some level of stipulation that in certain games the Pats balls look different that the other team and it's not caused by lighting difference, not sure I want to waste my time in an exchange with you. It seems you know all the answers, you know there was nothing done wrong, you can account for the difference in color with a variety of explanations. You're certain in your opinion. So, you can clearly bow out of the discussion, right?

Just curious, do work in politics?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-2-1_21-40-26.png

upload_2015-2-1_21-40-49.png

Looks like Garappalo's is about same as Ortons.

upload_2015-2-1_21-41-23.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
before we even get to if anything was done wrong, it took quite a lot to get you to say there is nothing different in the balls, that any color difference was likely to to lighing and surrounding, you even put up a graphic to prove your point.

On the other hand I've posted pictures and asked if people can see a difference, which you now admit, and said it's because brady likes his balls more worn. Then you threw up a red herring with a shot of Sam in a downpour.

Forgive me, but I am not sensing you want to dicuss anything. You've simply said tacitly "nothing to see here".

So, until we get some level of stipulation that in certain games the Pats balls look different that the other team and it's not caused by lighting difference, not sure I want to waste my time in an exchange with you. It seems you know all the answers, you know there was nothing done wrong, you can account for the difference in color with a variety of explanations. You're certain in your opinion. So, you can clearly bow out of the discussion, right?

Just curious, do work in politics?

No, I'm a scientist, so I need more proof than just some pictures.

Here's Shaun Hill vs the Vikings in 2014.
shaun-hill-quad-rams.jpg

Austin Davis also has a dark football

Austin+Davis+Minnesota+Vikings+v+St+Louis+_GvnqS-xeNgl.jpg

But here is Patterson with a lighter ball.
Michael+Brockers+Minnesota+Vikings+v+St+Louis+-0xUHfSsUJql.jpg

And Peterson

454859176.jpg

So whatever the Patriots are doing in your eyes, so are the Rams.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
No, I'm a scientist, so I need more proof than just some pictures.

So whatever the Patriots are doing in your eyes, so are the Rams.

So, you need more than pictures? And you try and prove your point with . . . drum roll . . . pictures. (y)

bluecoconuts

Legend
So, you need more that pictures? And you try and prove your point with . . . drum roll . . . pictures. (y)

My point would be that is doesn't prove anything. You trying to just throw out insults towards me instead of refuting my argument doesn't win your argument either, especially when you refuse to just make your point.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
My point would be that is doesn't prove anything. You trying to just throw out insults towards me instead of refuting my argument doesn't win your argument either, especially when you refuse to just make your point.
I honeslty don't know your argument. I thought I did until you posted those Rams/Vikings photos, so it seems you are back to your original position. But what I said was I am not interested if all you want to do it argue. All I have said is that in the shots I posted the ball seems like a different color. Can we agree on that?

As far as the "insult" I didn't claim to be a scientist that needed more proof than some pictures, then use some pictures to say whatever Pats are doing, Rams are, too. You kinda walked into that, no?

upload_2015-2-1_22-3-3.png

bluecoconuts

Legend
I honeslty don't know your argument. I thought I did until you posted those Rams/Vikings photos, so it seems you are back to your original position. But what I said was I am not interested if all you want to do it argue. All I have said is that in the shots I posted the ball seems like a different color. Can we agree on that?

As far as the "insult" I didn't claim to be a scientist that needed more proof than some pictures, then use some pictures to say whatever Pats are doing, Rams are, too. You kinda walked into that, no?

View attachment 5266

That's the thing, you're attempting to make a point without actually making a point, you're trying to lead us to the conclusion you want, and given the fact that I'm not following you to that same conclusion, you're attempting to discredit me, to get me to "agree" with you, and when I'm not going to do that.

If your point is simply that the Patriots ball is a slightly different color, then cool beans, you've mastered colors. However I highly doubt that is your end conclusion, because it means nothing. That would be like saying "The patriots have a different color uniform on." it means nothing, other than just states an obvious point.

If your point is that the Patriots are getting some sort of unfair advantage and the different color balls is proof of this, which is what I'm assuming your argument really is about, then my counter argument is, possibly, but there are plenty of pictures with other teams that also have a darker ball, or two teams with different color balls during games. Meaning that every team seems to have this same unfair advantage, so therefore nobody really has an unfair advantage.

The rules state that teams may practice and alter their balls to a certain degree within the rules. It is widely reported that different QB's like different feels to the ball, so a different color is ultimately meaningless in terms of proof that the football is against regulations. As you have so kindly pointed out an argument that I've already made, a ball can look like a different color in a different photograph, meaning that there are many different reasons that a ball may be a different color. Hell a football can look like a different shade during the same play with different shots from a camera. Which connects back to my point that pictures ultimately don't prove that a football is or isn't within regulations. There needs to be evidence that is repeatable, testable, and tangible, i.e. scientific, and a few pictures don't prove that. Especially when you can find a picture of probably every NFL QB with different shades of brown footballs.

If your argument is something else, then frankly I have no idea what the pictures and pointing out different colors has to do with anything.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you take a bottle of Krud Kutter, which is a great degreaser/cleaner and spray a football, it will take the oils out of the ball. It kills the life of the ball but it makes it easier to grip.....and turns it orangish Brown. That is one ay to alter a football to have an advantage. I am sure the Patriots Hav figured out more. Maybe they rub pine tar into it?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
That's the thing, you're attempting to make a point without actually making a point, you're trying to lead us to the conclusion you want, and given the fact that I'm not following you to that same conclusion, you're attempting to discredit me, to get me to "agree" with you, or keep others from agreeing with me, and when I'm not going to do that.

I am not doing anything of the kind. You are falling for cognitive distortion, specifically the logical fallacy of mind-reading. I have not made any conclusion, so I am not trying to lead you or anyone to any conclusion. As far as dicrediting . . .well, perhaps you should look at your own actions doing that. You seem angry and accusatory.

Done with you. Have nice day.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
If you take a bottle of Krud Kutter, which is a great degreaser/cleaner and spray a football, it will take the oils out of the ball. It kills the life of the ball but it makes it easier to grip.....and turns it orangish Brown. That is one ay to alter a football to have an advantage. I am sure the Patriots Hav figured out more. Maybe they rub pine tar into it?
I have no idea. I am told by people who are in a position to know that putting footballs in a dryer for long periods of time will darken them. But having never done that, I don't know.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I am not doing anything of the kind. You are falling for cognitive distortion, specifically the logical fallacy of mind-reading. I have not made any conclusion, so I am not trying to lead you or anyone to any conclusion. As far as dicrediting . . .well, perhaps you should look at your own actions doing that. You seem angry and accusatory.

Done with you. Have nice day.

Okay, so you're done with me, despite the fact that you refuse to make a point and therefore refuse to have a logical argument? Yet I'm the bad guy for attempting to assume the point of the entire thread, since you, for whatever reason, refuse to come out and say your point?

Or is it simply that I'm correct in my assessment, and now you don't want to admit it? If your point is something else then please just make it, because "they are different" seems like an asinine point, akin to making a thread pointing out that every team has a different logo, and I'm assuming your thread has more depth than a toddlers observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.