what color is is ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-2-1_14-55-52.png

what color is THIS ball?

upload_2015-2-1_14-57-31.png

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ima take a stab at this and go with.........brown?

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look at each pair of photos and see if the shades of brown are the same or not.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hopefully as far as the Patriots are concerned the color of the ball is black so they can be black balled from here to eternity!

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Hopefully as far as the Patriots are concerned the color of the ball is black so they can be black balled from here to eternity!
funny you say that, Packers player s thought the ball was black. Looked like a Pepto Bismal turd

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Damn...that's a good catch. They aren't even CLOSE to the same color...

bluecoconuts

Legend
It could be shadows and lighting as well. In terms of Patriots using a different ball for an advantage, and the NFL either letting them do it, or being too stupid to notice that they are different balls despite the fact they're constantly handling them, or being too stupid to think that nobody would notice, I'd say it's a bit too far fetched for me.

It can also be the surrounding colors that make things seem different.

For example, look at the two squares in this picture, the top one is obviously a darker shade of grey right?

Same+color+put+your+finger+between+the+2+squares+and_e8c3b3_3115979.jpg

Except when you put your finger between them.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
It could be shadows and lighting as well. In terms of Patriots using a different ball for an advantage, and the NFL either letting them do it, or being too stupid to notice that they are different balls despite the fact they're constantly handling them, or being too stupid to think that nobody would notice, I'd say it's a bit too far fetched for me.

It can also be the surrounding colors that make things seem different.

For example, look at the two squares in this picture, the top one is obviously a darker shade of grey right?

Same+color+put+your+finger+between+the+2+squares+and_e8c3b3_3115979.jpg

Except when you put your finger between them.

This ^
I mean if you do a simple camera exercise and put a camera on a tripod in a stationary place and take shots from morning until dual - like in 2 hour intervals - you'll see the environment change drastically with lighting position
So that's with a controlled situation - in this case you need to include shadows of players and 200 different light sources
It's a lighting issue

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Whatever you consider far-fetched is your business. And obviously light can change these things and all that. However, I didn't take the time to explain everything, and tell you that the plays were very close in time, the last play of one drive followed by the first play of the next drive, so 3 plays apart, including the punt. So, the light didn't change in a matter of seconds.

Next, I was going to tell those with NFl replay to look at the game, see for themselves, but I thought we could dispense with the qualifications and all the niceties to get right to the point,.

Is the ball the same color in both shots?

Yes or no.

I suppose I could use a color sampler in photoshop and see what the readings would be, but use your eyes.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
This ^
I mean if you do a simple camera exercise and put a camera on a tripod in a stationary place and take shots from morning until dual - like in 2 hour intervals - you'll see the environment change drastically with lighting position
So that's with a controlled situation - in this case you need to include shadows of players and 200 different light sources
It's a lighting issue

Okay, prove it's a lighting issue. I would suggest that you watch the game on NFL replay. I see it. The packers players and coaches noticed it, and all I am doing is seeing if anyone else can see it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Whatever you consider far-fetched is your business. And obviously light can change these things and all that. However, I didn't take the time to explain everything, and tell you that the plays were very close in time, the last play of one drive followed by the first play of the next drive, so 3 plays apart, including the punt. So, the light didn't change in a matter of seconds.

Next, I was going to tell those with NFl replay to look at the game, see for themselves, but I thought we could dispense with the qualifications and all the niceties to get right to the point,.

Is the ball the same color in both shots?

Yes or no.

I suppose I could use a color sampler in photoshop and see what the readings would be, but use your eyes.

So do you think the NFL is openly fixing games to the point they're using obviously different balls, or the patriots are openly cheating and using obviously different balls and the refs are too stupid to realize?

I just don't think that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.