what color is is ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
View attachment 5235
So do you think the NFL is openly fixing games to the point they're using obviously different balls, or the patriots are openly cheating and using obviously different balls and the refs are too stupid to realize?

I just don't think that's the case.

Did I post that? Did I say the NFL is "openly fixing games?" I know I didn't post that because I've never thought that.

I am asking a question. Are the balls the same shade of brown.

Yes or no?

A55VA6

Legend
Okay, prove it's a lighting issue. I would suggest that you watch the game on NFL replay. I see it. The packers players and coaches noticed it, and all I am doing is seeing if anyone else can see it.
I clearly see the ball the Pats are using is darker. Not really sure it has anything to do with altering the balls air pressure though.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-2-1_20-36-55.png

upload_2015-2-1_20-37-17.png

upload_2015-2-1_20-37-59.png

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I clearly see the ball the Pats are using is darker. Not really sure it has anything to do with altering the balls air pressure though.
I have not said anything about air pressure. Let's just get the facts first. The K ball, in this instant looks the same color as the one the Packer is carrying in same game. The ones the Pats have in theri hands look darker to me.

upload_2015-2-1_20-41-34.png

Athos

Legend
You know........now that you mention it.

I'm pretty sure BradyBunch has almost always had that big black turd as a football.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
You know........now that you mention it.

I'm pretty sure BradyBunch has almost always had that big black turd as a football.
I am looking a shots from other games . . . but have not seen it and I never paid attention, all I know is Packers noticed it. . . Maybe it was something they did for the cold . . . or many it's nothing. My point is when it was pointed out to me, I can see a difference.

When I was a teen ager, we used to snow seal our leather hiking boots, made them more water resistant but also made them very tacky and also darker, not saying that is what is here, but will say it reminds me of that a little bit.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2015-2-1_20-53-40.png
upload_2015-2-1_20-54-32.png

upload_2015-2-1_20-55-1-png.5251

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-1_20-55-1.png
    upload_2015-2-1_20-55-1.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 282

bluecoconuts

Legend
View attachment 5235

Did I post that? Did I say the NFL is "openly fixing games?" I know I didn't post that because I've never thought that.

I am asking a question. Are the balls the same shade of brown.

Yes or no?

In the pictures, it doesn't look like they are, they look older. However there is no rule about that, in fact the only balls that have to be brand new is the 12 footballs that are used in the kicking game. I don't see what the issue is. Teams get to practice with the footballs that they will be using during the game, and get them how they want them to be. This is because in the past the footballs used to come right out of the box to the officials, and it was their job to break them in a bit, get the film off the ball (which is reddish and makes the football lighter), which they did a poor job. So a little over 10 years ago, they decided to allow teams to practice with the footballs that they were going to use during the games, so QB's can get them how they like them.

Brady probably likes them more broken in, so they probably have someone who really rubs them down. Rodgers probably likes them newer (they did say he loves to have them very inflated, as it makes it easier to throw them hard) ones, and thus doesn't break them in as much.

So I'm just not seeing the issue here.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
In the pictures, it doesn't look like they are, they look older. However there is no rule about that, in fact the only balls that have to be brand new is the 12 footballs that are used in the kicking game. I don't see what the issue is. Teams get to practice with the footballs that they will be using during the game, and get them how they want them to be. This is because in the past the footballs used to come right out of the box to the officials, and it was their job to break them in a bit, get the film off the ball (which is reddish and makes the football lighter), which they did a poor job. So a little over 10 years ago, they decided to allow teams to practice with the footballs that they were going to use during the games, so QB's can get them how they like them.

Brady probably likes them more broken in, so they probably have someone who really rubs them down. Rodgers probably likes them newer (they did say he loves to have them very inflated, as it makes it easier to throw them hard) ones, and thus doesn't break them in as much.

So I'm just not seeing the issue here.

So you've moved off the "It could be shadows and lighting ...It can also be the surrounding colors that make things seem different." comment to "Brady probably likes them more broken in, so they probably have someone who really rubs them down. Rodgers probably likes them newer (they did say he loves to have them very inflated, as it makes it easier to throw them hard) ones, and thus doesn't break them in as much."?

Just so I am clear on what you are saying.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So you've moved off the "It could be shadows and lighting ...It can also be the surrounding colors that make things seem different." comment to "Brady probably likes them more broken in, so they probably have someone who really rubs them down. Rodgers probably likes them newer (they did say he loves to have them very inflated, as it makes it easier to throw them hard) ones, and thus doesn't break them in as much."?

Just so I am clear on what you are saying.

I'm saying there are a lot of factors to why a ball might be a slightly different color, and the notion that a different hue of brown has a lot of meaning seems silly to me. It can be a combination of all of the above that gives such a stark difference, but if you boil it all down ultimately it leads me to the conclusion that it's all nothing.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I'm saying there are a lot of factors to why a ball might be a slightly different color, and the notion that a different hue of brown has a lot of meaning seems silly to me. It can be a combination of all of the above that gives such a stark difference, but if you boil it all down ultimately it leads me to the conclusion that it's all nothing.

:rolleyes:

A55VA6

Legend
I have not said anything about air pressure. Let's just get the facts first. The K ball, in this instant looks the same color as the one the Packer is carrying in same game. The ones the Pats have in theri hands look darker to me.

View attachment 5243
I understand what you're saying, I just thought you were implying that the darker football seen in the Patriots possession was possibly the deflated or altered footballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.