Week 8 2019 - Game Day Menu for our London Rams ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
We got the rye from Sobeys. It's really dark... Anxious to try it. They are only selling rye they are making there. I was sweating it because we got the last one. Mountain Road anyway.

The Hawaiian is my favorite, actually.

Try Picaroons Gourd. That beer is.... Really nice. It has a tad of pumpkin spice in it, but they nailed it. I am going to grab a couple more for the game.

My parents swear by co pain as their go to bread place. It's downtown and they love it. I'm not a big bread guy (unless it's liquid!) so I usually steer clear when I go have supper over there.

I'll have to take a look at the picaroons. I tried it when I lived in Fredericton for school but they built a bigger beer store by me so they could include picaroons and I've yet to try it here.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Not to be a party pooper but skyline chili is awful. Just one mans opinion. Tried it once. Never again. I will admit when I tried it I actually thought it was chili. Its not. You may love it. I hope that you do.

I've only been exposed to it once. It was presented as a chip dip.

It is certainly different. The chili has some different flavors like chocolate.

Over spaghetti noodles is where I've always been held up in thinking it was interesting/weird.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've only been exposed to it once. It was presented as a chip dip.

It is certainly different. The chili has some different flavors like chocolate.

Over spaghetti noodles is where I've always been held up in thinking it was interesting/weird.
I went into the place. (a skyline) Wanting a bowl of chili. I had no idea what Cincinnati chili was. Again my opinion I would not feed it to a dog. People tell me its an acquired taste, it grows on you. Sorry no thank you. And believe me I love trying new foods and there is almost nothing I cant eat. I have a strong stomach. But no.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL page says the Rams game starts at 10:00am pacific time? Is this true? (i thought those London games started earlier for us)

Yep that's right. It's a 5pm start here and we are currently 7 hours in front. Our clocks went back today.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My parents swear by co pain as their go to bread place. It's downtown and they love it. I'm not a big bread guy (unless it's liquid!) so I usually steer clear when I go have supper over there.

I'll have to take a look at the picaroons. I tried it when I lived in Fredericton for school but they built a bigger beer store by me so they could include picaroons and I've yet to try it here.

I’ll try that place downtown. Thanks for pointing it out.

Truthfully, I started my shopping trying to find Provel cheese... thinking we might make “St. Louis style pizza” where Provel is quite popular. I thought that Mountain Road Sobeys might have that cheese as its more of a preppy deli there. But, they didn’t sell it.

Saw that bread. Thought it was pumpernickel... So asked. When she said it was rye, we decided to do ruebens.

Damn. 8am and I’m hungry for sandwiches. LOL.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I went into the place. (a skyline) Wanting a bowl of chili. I had no idea what Cincinnati chili was. Again my opinion I would not feed it to a dog. People tell me its an acquired taste, it grows on you. Sorry no thank you. And believe me I love trying new foods and there is almost nothing I cant eat. I have a strong stomach. But no.
I hear that. We catch the Cardinals in Cincinnati and Skyline is everywhere. That shit is loaded with cinnamon. It's not hot as in spicy, but WTF! Hideous. Even piling it up with cheddar cheese can't help. I couldn't finish the tiny bowl.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Skyline chili is odious.

Chilli is one of those things... I don’t know if I’ve had one I don’t “like” in some capacity. It’s a recipe that no two people do the same...

I love that about chilli.

Its the wine of the crockpot. :D

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Truthfully, I started my shopping trying to find Provel cheese... thinking we might make “St. Louis style pizza” where Provel is quite popular.

Unless you're in St. Louis, buy it from Roma Grocery through the mail. (If not them then they will know who does it. Might even be Imo's these days. Web search!) Might want to wait until November so the trucks are cool for transit up your way. If you keep it wrapped in the 5 lb loaf package it will keep in the fridge for years. I love it.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chilli is one of those things... I don’t know if I’ve had one I don’t “like” in some capacity. It’s a recipe that no two people do the same...

I love chili. And Cincinnati Chili I am sure has a large following. Just not my cup of tea. Have you tried it?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love chili. And Cincinnati Chili I am sure has a large following. Just not my cup of tea. Have you tried it?

No. I have seen the restaurants passing thru Ohio... always wanted to stop but never “worked out”.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut

I love chili and I've had it all over the US. I've had it with deer, buffalo, ostrich, rabbit, squirrel, chicken, pork and of course beef. I've even had hot dog chili. I've had it spiced any number of ways and base of tomato or broth. With no beans or all kinds of different beans too. I've ben able to eat them all. Like a good boy I always finished my bowl because "there's children in China starving". Of course sometimes it morphed into eating more crackers than chili but I did it. Not with Skyline. I wanted to chuck that bowl at the kitchen. I figured it was because of my Cardinals hat but I was assured that is how it is supposed to taste.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I love chili and I've had it all over the US. I've had it with deer, buffalo, ostrich, rabbit, squirrel, chicken, pork and of course beef. I've even had hot dog chili. I've had it spiced any number of ways and base of tomato or broth. With no beans or all kinds of different beans too. I've ben able to eat them all. Like a good boy I always finished my bowl because "there's children in China starving". Of course sometimes it morphed into eating more crackers than chili but I did it. Not with Skyline. I wanted to chuck that bowl at the kitchen. I figured it was because of my Cardinals hat but I was assured that is how it is supposed to taste.

I don’t do this every time I make chilli...

Have you ever tried peanut butter with it? I like spreading a little peanut butter on a Ritz type cracker... then take a spoon of chilli and heap on top.

Eat in a big bite or two fast sloppy ones.

Something about that combination tastes insanely good together.

Being from the midwest you may have done this before. If not... Try it!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I don’t do this every time I make chilli...

Have you ever tried peanut butter with it? I like spreading a little peanut butter on a Ritz type cracker... then take a spoon of chilli and heap on top.

Eat in a big bite or two fast sloppy ones.

Something about that combination tastes insanely good together.

Being from the midwest you may have done this before. If not... Try it!
May need to do that or add flour to thicken the chili up. I wanted to get my ingredients started by now, but didn't make it to the market yesterday. Will be rushed to get a properly thickened chili.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The wife and I met some friends out for sushi last night. We had a boat load... but I woke up hungry AF.

So I just finished eating my favorite omelette... it's made at our local breakfast restaurant that is only 3 minutes from my house. They only serve breakfast. It's so good and close that I rarely even cook breakfast now... what's the point.

They make this omelette called a Gravy Dream. Made out of egg whites with onions, well done crispy potato pieces (they obviously cook these up before adding them in, they're like perfectly crispy all over), cheese, and sausage. Then, they poor just the right amount of sausage gravy over the top of it. I like to put a bunch of fresh ground black pepper on top.

I'm so full right now that I can't even think about what I'm cooking later.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
On the other end of this trail... Beer store.

That's what I am doing.... Right now. I'll get 3-4 in my backpack.

15721884116213577917221809142918.jpg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Haven't tasted it yet, but the skyline chili is very heavy aroma of almost the filling of a Greek Pastiche (where's my lasagna John) yet it has a sort of Persian spice kick. Will try it in a few as we're trying to get the older one down for a nap before lunch.