We landed Wade Phillips!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tree stays inside no problem. He played MLB in a 3-4 at Georgia then we moved him outside and eventually back in. Barron is a tough call. Let TJ walk and move him back to SS? Keep him at OLB? He's hard to tell imo.

Have a feeling Barron will be told to go get the QB. Every play. I'm guessing edge rusher on the blindside and Quinn moves to left side. Gonna be interesting.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
All I have to say is I love both of these hires right now.

McVay is a risk, but one worth taking. There is nothing but good things said about the guy. Players and coaches alike love him and it's impressive that he was able to bring a guy like Wade aboard. Now money may have something to do with Wade, but still...

And Wade... What is there to say? I'm looking forward to him bringing a focused and disciplined defense here.

Today has been fantastic. Only way it could have been better is if they landed Lynn at OC, but he got a opportunity to be a head coach and I can't blame him for taking it. Even if it is with a team that may have the worst owner in football, and that's saying something.

Keep Fassel on ST, find a decent OC, and maybe keep Waufle (if he wants to keep coaching) and I can't ask for anything more.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
rock-me-amadeus-o.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
So our defense could look like this?
Sam ?
LE Donald
N Brockers
RE Quinn
Will Barron
LMike McDonald
RMike Tree

This is new to me
It seems McDonald could work at LMike. Giving him the opportunity to run stuff or rush. Moving Mo to SS. Joyner to FS

Sam is a question mark. I don't see Quinn playing there at all. He'd have to man one of the ends along with Donald.

Barron could be a good fit at will in this defense.

Am I seeing this correctly?

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Thanks @MadGoat nice article

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/02/0...cos-3-4-defense-and-one-gap-equals-dominance/

Thanks for the article MadGoat
He calls it a 3/4,But it looks like it is technically a 5/2 with one gap assignments on the line.
A lot of responsibility for the inside backers.
Either way I love how he says in the article"we find what they do well and then we let them do that".
Very flexible coach.

Calls for discipline. Not a strong point of this current defense. I do have confidence in Wade to get them ready.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Thanks for the article MadGoat
He calls it a 3/4,But it looks like it is technically a 5/2 with one gap assignments on the line.
A lot of responsibility for the inside backers.
Either way I love how he says in the article"we find what they do well and then we let them do that".
Very flexible coach.

Yeah, I mentioned Fritz Shurmurs 5-2 Eagle as something Ram fans might relate to... that was a long time ago.. think Kevin Greene, but yeah.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't get the excitement. I know he has had some success when he has the talent but I also recall him being run out of town a few times too.

Plus I prefer a 4/3 defense with the Rams personnel.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I don't get the excitement. I know he has had some success when he has the talent but I also recall him being run out of town a few times too.

The excitement is that we finally got something tangible...

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

only run out of town when he was a head coach. Always a great DC

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
YES! This is literally the perfect way to cap off the day!

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Another thing I thought about.

Imagine these two guys going against each other in practices.

McVay the wonder-kid VS. Wade Phillips and his 30+ years of NFL coaching experience.

That's an interesting battle of wits.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Quinn just got better overnight...

I'm literally shaking with excitement!!!