Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly if I were me, I'd look into fishing, but keep the boat near the shore. Far enough away to be safe, but close enough to do supply runs when needed.

Yes fishing would be. Good bet. Although it would be tough to just go from pond to pond without overfishing and it would be tough to learn how to fish the ocean with no experience. The ocean life would have a huge rebound with nobody fishing it for a few years. There would be food there for sure.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Came across this and thought it was interesting.

Kill count for the group from season 1 to present:

aQ47zzw_700b_v1.jpg

Glenn sure took out a ton with the car this passed season.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Finally got round to watching the season finale last night. It was a good end to a season that at times made me feel like I would be losing interest in the whole show in the not too distant future.

Someone else has already mentioned this but Rick's group has a lot of dead wood. Gabriel annoys me especially when he started crying about leaving his parishoners (sp?) to die outside his church. I get that this would be something that stays with you but, for a TV show, its a point that's being laboured.

Sasha is also getting on my tits (an English phrase for something that annoys you) with the whole troubled, angry persona she's suddenly got. After being a one dimensional character for so long, you'd think I'd welcome some sort of depth to her but she just annoys me. Although I do like her bad ass gun.

Good to see Michone re-arm herself with the samurai sword at the end and I like the fact that morgan has finally been reunited with Rick. There was an episode in the first half of this season where he appeared at the very end but because it was after the final credits no one that I knew had seen it so I was beginning to think I'd imagined the whole thing

bluecoconuts

Legend
So did anyone check out the spinoff? It started slow, but they seemed to be getting into the zombies pretty quick (which is what I wanted, I was afraid they wouldn't really get into the heart of the show until halfway through the season, looks like they're going to have society start to break down pretty quickly. I hope the show takes off and becomes as good as the original.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So did anyone check out the spinoff?

Watched it. It was slow with lots of character development. That's perfectly fine as long as it speeds up with each episode. It would seem that the locale of a big city like LA would give them a multitude of story lines. We shall see.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep.. So far not bad. I think they will need to develop a couple other characters before it really gets going but AMC shows have been pretty good lately and Walking Dead is pretty damn good so I'm expecting Fear to be definitely worth the watch.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Watched it. It was slow with lots of character development. That's perfectly fine as long as it speeds up with each episode. It would seem that the locale of a big city like LA would give them a multitude of story lines. We shall see.

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually move north, Santa Clarita is in the northern part of LA county and there is a lot of filming done here, so they could save money and have it be part of the story. It'll be interesting how they work it given that the coast is right there, and they don't have the comics to follow. I'd imagine they'll stay south for a while though, there's a lot of LA they can use.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually move north, Santa Clarita is in the northern part of LA county and there is a lot of filming done here, so they could save money and have it be part of the story. It'll be interesting how they work it given that the coast is right there, and they don't have the comics to follow. I'd imagine they'll stay south for a while though, there's a lot of LA they can use.

G0XJDOx.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I thought it was good. The mother and daughter were a lil annoying though IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked it but it annoyed me that they were all using iphones. Seems to me that back in 2010 when walking dead began, smart phones were just getting started

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Good catch Dieter.

The Kid hates his Dad and the step kid thinks he is a joke. That is such an over done story line. I imagine it will change quick when the shit hits the fan, so why even start with it. The mom is the school psychologist or counselor that had the ultimate failure in a druggie son. Yet the daughter is perfect in every way, hot too.

In this case I don't think any Heroine head would tell his Step Dad that he doesn't trust, where the other druggies go to get high. A kid like that would know that he would be suspect number 1. Plus he never wants to NARC out others, unless caught and forced to.

Needless to say, I didn't like some of the characters and their stories. I think the some of the acting was bad too. But I will keep watching. Once they get some feed back they will clean it up down the road, similarly to how Glenn's character evolved into something completely different. At first he was the smart aleck Pizza Guy who was fearlessly weaving his way through the city making wisecracks along the way. His character took a major turn, for the better.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Kid hates his Dad and the step kid thinks he is a joke. That is such an over done story line. .
How about the "My step son told me that he saw something terrifying in a dangerous drug den, so I'll go check it out when its pitch black out and I need a flashlight" story line??

Haha...

All in all I liked it, because its at worst, its like watching pre-season football while waiting for the real thing. Walking Dead is gonna be off the hook this season...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
How about the "My step son told me that he saw something terrifying in a dangerous drug den, so I'll go check it out when its pitch black out and I need a flashlight" story line??

Haha...

All in all I liked it, because its at worst, its like watching pre-season football while waiting for the real thing. Walking Dead is gonna be off the hook this season...

Yea, wasn't that stupid? "Hey step-dad, I saw some chick eating people with a stake through her heart....with these zombie eyes" "Oh, really son... I'll run right out there by myself in the dark to check it out."

bluecoconuts

Legend
I liked it but it annoyed me that they were all using iphones. Seems to me that back in 2010 when walking dead began, smart phones were just getting started

Iphones were popular then, I came home in 2009 and they were suddenly everywhere. They weren't the squared off ones though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iphones were popular then, I came home in 2009 and they were suddenly everywhere. They weren't the squared off ones though.
Nothing like they are today. Maybe 1 out of 5 were Iphone, tons of Droid, Blackberry etc. Now its like 4 out of 5 are Iphone. Pretty sure Iphone was only available through AT&T until sometime in 2010, once it was available on all carriers, it exploded.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Nothing like they are today. Maybe 1 out of 5 were Iphone, tons of Droid, Blackberry etc. Now its like 4 out of 5 are Iphone. Pretty sure Iphone was only available through AT&T until sometime in 2010, once it was available on all carriers, it exploded.

Maybe it just seemed like a lot to me, I left for Iraq and was using the razr flip phone, when I came home everyone seemed to have iPhones, I didn't even know what they were.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Haha...

Yeah that was a bit silly too. Who is he? Bruce Lee? The guy doesn't take a gun? He goes alone? Maybe if he has a gun I could see it. " Are you feeling Lucky Punk?" How does he have any clue what could be in there? What if he walked in on something like a deal going down? Or a bunch of Dopers decide to gang up on him? Like you said he was just told about some weird murder at the place. What if he walked in on a murder? I wonder if they wanted to get rid of Kirkman so they threw him a bone on this spin off and the other writers are taking over on TWD? Maybe they grew tired of his insistence to stick to the novels?