Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well if Glenn survives being under Nick and makes it to the dumpster unscathed it would fit right in with Carol being able to easily stick a knife into a human brain with little excursion. All of them for that matter puncture skulls with ease. I could see going through the eye socket, or the back of the head and thrusting up into the brainstem. Heck, maybe even the temple would give way but I doubt it.

Now if this is some kind of dream that Nick was having then that is just weak.
C'mon man, EVERYONE knows that as soon as you go Zombie, your skull turns to cartilage. We gotta esplane everything?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This is his opinion, not mine.
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015...s-but-that-death-was-real/?mod=trending_now_2

Sorry, ‘Walking Dead’ Fans, But That Death Was Real
By PAUL VIGNA

We need to talk.

Look, “Walking Dead” fans, I get it. Nobody wants to think that Glenn Rhee, the pizza-delivery guy who turned out to be one of the hardiest survivors of the zombie apocalypse, is dead. Glenn fought off a walker while tied up on a chair in the Governor’s dungeon, for goodness’ sake. Glenn saved people, starting with a man he didn’t even know – Rick Grimes – continuing through Tara after the prison attack, and going all the way through to Nicholas, a man who actively tried to kill him. Glenn is the heart of the Grimes clan.

But, my friends, you need to accept this: Glenn is dead. There is simply no credible way he survived the events of Sunday night’s episode: trapped in an alley surrounded by hundreds of walkers. No ammo. No police riot gear. No help. No exit. No nothing. Look, we all loved Glenn. We respected him, we admired him, we felt about him much the same way Maggie did.

But right now, too many of you are stuck on stage one of the Kubler-Ross model: denial. You’ve seen Glenn’s death with your own eyes. It was bloody, it was graphic. He was torn to shreds. But you refuse to believe it. That’s denial. For you, Kubler-Ross right now looks something like this:

Glenn can’t die! (Denial)
How could they kill off Glenn? Damn writers! (Anger)
Maybe he crawled under the dumpster. (Bargaining)
I can’t watch this show anymore. (Depression)
Poor Maggie. (Acceptance)

Regardless of the absolute impossibility that Glenn singlehandedly survived an onslaught of hundreds of flesh-craving zombies, the Internet is buzzing with theories about how he may indeed have survived an onslaught of hundreds of flesh-craving zombies. There are two main tenets to this desperate attempt to remain in stage three: one about the events in that alley, and the other about some cryptic, tea-leaf reading type stuff on the aftershow, “The Talking Dead.”

This is what happened to Glenn in that alley, and the sooner you get to stage five on this the better you’ll feel: He and Nicholas were cornered in an alley by hundreds of walkers. They climbed onto a dumpster. Nicholas shot himself in the head, his body tumbled forward and carried both of them to the ground, where they are beset by biters. Glenn is eaten alive, and dies. There is absolutely nothing in that sequence to suggest that Glenn somehow survived.

This is what happened on “The Talking Dead”: Steven Yeun, the actor who played Glenn, was not there. This is unusual in that it’s become something of a tradition for prominent actors to appear on the show when their characters are killed off. A representatives for Yeun said he wasn’t available for comment. Not only wasn’t Yeun there, nobody from the show was there. Moreover, host Chris Hardwick read a message from showrunner Scott Gimple that cryptically said “in some way we will see Glenn again.”

This is what people are thinking: The blood and guts we saw in the alley did not belong to Glenn, but to Nicholas, whose body fell on top of Glenn’s. The angle from which we see Glenn on the ground is low and tilted. It’s not an overhead shot, and it’s a close-up of Glenn’s face. Whatever torso is producing that blood and entrails, the deniers argue, is not clearly Glenn’s torso.

So, stage-one folks are positing, Glenn was watching Nicholas’s body get torn to shreds. This leaves open the possibility that somehow, Glenn managed to crawl out from under his comrade’s shredded body and somehow find safety. Some are positing that he crawled away and under the dumpster. Maybe he got so covered in blood himself that he was able to go unnoticed, like so long ago in Atlanta. The fact that Gimple said Glenn would be seen again is bolstering this line of thinking.

Only, it can’t possibly be true.

BN-KY049_TWDgle_G_20151026115124.jpg

Even if those walkers are tearing apart Nicholas’s body, is it really plausible that Nicholas’s body so perfectly covered Glenn’s that not one of the dozens of walkers in the immediate vicinity bit or scratched Glenn? And that he then somehow crawled out from under that unnoticed? And crawled to safety under a four-foot-by-five-foot dumpster? Without a single bite or scratch? That isn’t just a cliffhanger. It’s a logic destroyer.

It wasn’t a noble death, it wasn’t a heroic death. He wasn’t surrounded by loved ones, he didn’t get to say goodbye. There was aria, no strings, no angelic choir to carry him off. It didn’t come in the finale. Or the midseason finale. Or at any “regular,” expected point in the storyline. It was nasty, brutal and short. But he is dead.

Glenn’s surviving in that alley is not only improbable, it is impossible. The body getting torn apart is clearly Glenn’s body. Moreover, Gimple’s carefully worded statement promised that we would see Glenn again in some way. Not that we’d see Glenn again, but some form of Glenn.

Maybe it will be as a ghost, like Lori. Or in a fevered hallucination, like Beth and the Governor, Martin, and the girls when Tyreese was dying. Or in a flashback. Or maybe through a pregnancy, like Shane (yes, we went there). But he did not say we will see Glenn again, in the flesh, so to speak.

Beyond all that, though, here is the biggest reason why Glenn must be dead: The show’s integrity. Part of what makes “The Walking Dead” so good is that the writers don’t run the proverbial car off the cliff and then a minute later show you that the hero jumped out at the last minute when nobody was looking.

That integrity is what makes a fictitious show about imaginary monsters feel so real. They may bring a character to the verge of death – think Rick outside the prison fence during the Governor’s first attack. But if a character gets saved, the save makes sense.

If, in two weeks, we see Glenn crawl out from under that dumpster, covered in Nick’s blood, and walk out of that alley, Gimple will have made a good number of fans happy. But he will have destroyed the show’s integrity, and we frankly think that is something that he and creator Robert Kirkman and everybody else involved in it understands. People die in the zombie apocalypse. You can’t write around that forever.

So, sorry to be such a bummer, but Glenn’s gone, and the sooner you come to accept that, the sooner we can all move on. Do it for Maggie. She’s going to need all the help she can get.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched last night, great episode but really annoying how they left last week up in the air for another week.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Watched last night, great episode but really annoying how they left last week up in the air for another week.

Keeps people watching, everybody wants to know his fate, I wouldn't be shocked if they don't even show what happened next week.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have watched this show on Netflix and loved it, but it's getting a bit to "stretch the imagination" for me and IMO they need to do something different. Exactly what I dunno, but the plot has been lather, rinse, repeat a little too often for me. Great acting, great sets and the makeup is out of this world..........the writing needs to get back on par with the rest of the production.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have watched this show on Netflix and loved it, but it's getting a bit to "stretch the imagination" for me and IMO they need to do something different. Exactly what I dunno, but the plot has been lather, rinse, repeat a little too often for me. Great acting, great sets and the makeup is out of this world..........the writing needs to get back on par with the rest of the production.

I agree with the repetition. Plus on 'Last Man on Earth' black Phil said that gasoline goes bad in 3 years. How long as TWD been on the air?

Okay the Glenn escaping thing is bogus. No way that many zombies don't bite his exposed head or feet. Nick was laying diagonal on Glenn's body. Don't like it.

The tower falling? Crazy. So much for expanding on Alexandria, huh? Yep the shit is about to hit the fan. There is nowhere to run unless the flow pulls the zombies away from the gate.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Negan will be introduced before the end of this season.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243

Negan
horizontal_split_1296_730_preta_copy_7.jpg

Following an extensive casting search, AMC's The Walking Dead has found its next major villain.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been tapped to take on the iconic role of Negan, the F-bomb-dropping, dastardly character from Robert Kirkman's comic series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not a reader of the comic. I have heard of Negan before though. Is he the leader of the group that shot at Darrell, Sasha and Abraham? Or is he a wolf?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree with the repetition. Plus on 'Last Man on Earth' black Phil said that gasoline goes bad in 3 years. How long as TWD been on the air?
They said that the first seven episodes this season took place in one day in Walking Dead time. So who knows how long they have been out there. Also, black Phil is only partially right. Gasoline starts to varnish as it ages but if it contains lead it will last longer and also if it is contained with no light or air, it will last longer. Gas in a car would go bad potentially even quicker than 3 years. In that tanker truck that the three are in, the gas would likely last quite a while.

In either case, we are still left wondering how much time passes each season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They said that the first seven episodes this season took place in one day in Walking Dead time. So who knows how long they have been out there. Also, black Phil is only partially right. Gasoline starts to varnish as it ages but if it contains lead it will last longer and also if it is contained with no light or air, it will last longer. Gas in a car would go bad potentially even quicker than 3 years. In that tanker truck that the three are in, the gas would likely last quite a while.

In either case, we are still left wondering how much time passes each season.

I know that small engines are different animals but one year old gas can make your lawnmower run like crap or not even run at all.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I am not a reader of the comic. I have heard of Negan before though. Is he the leader of the group that shot at Darrell, Sasha and Abraham? Or is he a wolf?

I think the Saviors (Negan's group) is who you saw when Daryl was taken captive by the dude and 2 chicks. The guys who were chasing after those 3.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
That Morgan filler episode was the worst episode of the entire series.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That Morgan filler episode was the worst episode of the entire series.
Yeah - I don't mind getting some background on a character but that was pretty lame and a waste IMO. Now would your cowgirls please nut up and whack the kitty cats? :cool:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Yeah - I don't mind getting some background on a character but that was pretty lame and a waste IMO. Now would your cowgirls please nut up and whack the kitty cats? :cool:
I think we will for some reason....in our badass "color rush jerseys".
20151123_123824.png