Video: Janoris Jenkins "Its different here in New York, everybody wants to win.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There have been plenty of occurrences on losing teams of guys just collecting paychecks and not wanting to win. Perennially losing franchises like the Rams and Browns make it more likely guys dont care because the organization is functionally deficient, unlike places such as NE, Pittsburgh, or the Giants.

So yea some guys just dont care, I think thats what JJ meant. But hes not going to point fingers. I know Michael Irvin talked about before Jimmy Johnson got there, the locker room had a list of guys who straight up said they didnt care if they won or lost and just wanted that check. When JJ arrived, Irvin handed him a list of every guy who didnt care about winning to get rid of. Something like this needs to happen in LA, maybe it was just the general indifference Fisher seemed to ooze but hopefully a new regime will get rid of those not hungry to win.

Maybe he was referring to the Executive VP of Football Operations and COO: "Thankfully or not thankfully, we went on a 4-game losing streak in November". Like my Grandpa always said, it starts at the top, and shit rolls downhill.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
5 mill a year for Sensabuagh, would have been better off throwing that at JJ
I said it then, and I'll say it now. They should have signed him.
And the over payment of Austin just emphasizes how clueless the organization is/was with contracts
Actually I think Demoff has been much better with contracts that the previous bunch. He has not strapped the organization with backend deals that have hurt their ability to sign FA and their own players when it came time. Some of what they have done has been questionable but the money has been there to do it. They cut JL and Long loose when they needed to , they got rid of Bradford's salary when he would not renegotiate. JJ wanted more than he was worth 9/year was a solid offer but NY was willing to go more. They had to keep at least one so Trujo got the tag when he wouldn't sign. No team gets them all right but Demoff has been pretty go IMO

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me, it doesn't matter what the environment was like when he was in St. Louis.

That environment is going to go away.

A little (nah, a lot) annoying that the environment lasted as long as it did.

What really matters now is the new environment... it gets set from the top on down and must be a consistent message to the team:
Mediocrity will not be tolerated. Those that can't produce will be relegated to the bench or forced out.

I hope... really hope that can happen with the upcoming changes.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jenks telling his truth. Believe it or not...People want the atheletes to be more open and honest...and don't like what they say...The truth. Not surprising either. The last quarter of Miami was the defenses way of saying, damn, that's all we got...then proceeded to stink up the joint against NO & NE....
i mean JL got slammed for saying pretty much the same thing
JL55 got slammed because he couldn't play anymore...and was part of the problem with losing. We were playing 10 on 11...well actually 9 on 11 with our FS playing so deep.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Jenks telling his truth. Believe it or not...People want the atheletes to be more open and honest...and don't like what they say...The truth. Not surprising either. The last quarter of Miami was the defenses way of saying, damn, that's all we got...then proceeded to stink up the joint against NO & NE....
JL55 got slammed because he couldn't play anymore...and was part of the problem with losing. We were playing 10 on 11...well actually 9 on 11 with our FS playing so deep.
I like them talking what I don't like is a guy who should have been part of the solution saying it was a different culture, it was a coaches fault, it was whatever the excuse is but it wasn't him being a leader and fixing what he saw as a problem.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't like is a guy who should have been part of the solution saying it was a different culture, it was a coaches fault, it was whatever the excuse is but it wasn't him being a leader and fixing what he saw as a problem.
I get what you're saying...you've said it in a couple of threads:rant::snicker:...I've said similar things regarding AD's appointment to the pro bowl...
Jenks wasn't a leader...Not yet...And his leadership style was more, lead by example...he's a play maker...pure and simple. He was a lil too young & inexperienced. but he was making huge strides...I say, we made the Janoris that the world sees now. And that's a shame. Losing a talented player, that we risked a whole bunch on...and if the gamble pays off, we're not in position to collect. Damn shame.
Playing hard....it's human nature to let down in a team game if you feel the outcome is already decided. Think victory formation, and the opponent. Who decided that the losers should take it easy on that play? Or did everyone just sort of know, take it easy, games over? Players like JJ, Ogletree, Donald, Barron, TJ Mac...Tru? Alexander? Quinn? Hayes? That's a lot of players...but even if they don't openly say it, they're not going all out in a losing season...in losing efforts..Or, they're trying to do too much...and end up making mistakes. Cruel cycle this losing...Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I get what you're saying...you've said it in a couple of threads:rant::snicker:...I've said similar things regarding AD's appointment to the pro bowl...
Jenks wasn't a leader...Not yet...And his leadership style was more, lead by example...he's a play maker...pure and simple. He was a lil too young & inexperienced. but he was making huge strides...I say, we made the Janoris that the world sees now. And that's a shame. Losing a talented player, that we risked a whole bunch on...and if the gamble pays off, we're not in position to collect. Damn shame.
Playing hard....it's human nature to let down in a team game if you feel the outcome is already decided. Think victory formation, and the opponent. Who decided that the losers should take it easy on that play? Or did everyone just sort of know, take it easy, games over? Players like JJ, Ogletree, Donald, Barron, TJ Mac...Tru? Alexander? Quinn? Hayes? That's a lot of players...but even if they don't openly say it, they're not going all out in a losing season...in losing efforts..Or, they're trying to do too much...and end up making mistakes. Cruel cycle this losing...Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I hate the idea of growing players especially players that the organization takes a risk on and then watching them go to another team. I get it, I would too for 25% more than they offered. Not knowing how the negotiations went is a disadvantage for fans but it might be ugly if it was public.

I'd rather have kept him than TA but I'd rather keep Donald than anyone else and he's going to get a truck load. They can't be up against the cap because someone like JJ wanted to break the bank.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like he wasn't motivated enough to be a leader he wanted somebody else to do it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd rather have kept him than TA but I'd rather keep Donald than anyone else and he's going to get a truck load. They can't be up against the cap because someone like JJ wanted to break the bank.
We can't break the bank for Donald either....that's sad too.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like them talking what I don't like is a guy who should have been part of the solution saying it was a different culture, it was a coaches fault, it was whatever the excuse is but it wasn't him being a leader and fixing what he saw as a problem.
i pretty much call that double standards (and i preferred Jenks over TRU but knew he was never going to stay )

we didnt have a winning season with JJ either

WvuIN02

Starter
Farnchising Tru was just plain silly in my opinion. Let this sink in for you. His cap hit is bigger than Von Miller's is for the Broncos, and he's not even close to that kind of player. For that matter, Quinn's is almost the exact same as Von Millers, and he hasn't been the kind of wrecking force for that kind of money either being injured all the time. How you navigate the cap is where good teams win before they ever step on the field. New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Denver etc all are very good at identifying the guys to pay and guys to let go.

Look at Pittsburghs cap. All of their top guys in cap numbers are team difference makers. And even with Timmons being their best defensive player they will cut him this year or sign him to a lesser deal to resign guys like Bell, and will still continue molding young players in their "system". Shazier, Bud Dupree, etc are all on their rookie contracts. When guys get too big for their britches they let them walk and get the next man up: Mike Wallace Lamar Woodley (remember him?) etc.

An even more sickening comparison is look at how adept the Cowboys have become with their salary cap management.

13,952,000 was the number for a franchised CB to pay Tru (or...9.29% of the cap)
18,470,000 = ??????????? (or...12.1% of the cap)

That last number is the COMBINED cap hit for the ENTIRE Dallas Cowboys starting offensive line for 2016. What's even crazier is now that the mass of their cap hog (Romo) being cut will net them 5 more million, even after absorbing his dead space cap hit for 2017....and that leaves a huge amount of money to resign guys or get help in FA. That, right there, is how you create a winning roster (think I threw up typing that).

Last edited:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We can't break the bank for Donald either....that's sad too.
I just don't understand how winning teams can afford to pay these type players but the Rams can't. I'm sure some smart people put together the salary cap and the owners all agree to it but I just can't understand how it is good for the league. I want the players to get paid but free agency sucks.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i pretty much call that double standards (and i preferred Jenks over TRU but knew he was never going to stay )

we didnt have a winning season with JJ either
Which part the player not giving 100% for the team who took a chance on him and taught him how to play in the NFL but wiling to ball out for someone else where he doesn't need to be a leader?

I'm fine with them speaking up and enjoy most of what I hear from the inside information. What I don't like to hear is someone saying they didn't get the vibe that the "team" wanted to win, I do not believe there is a professional sports organization out there who would rather just go through the motions than have a winning franchise. The players are the ones who make a difference and lead each other, hold each other accountable, and reap the benefits of being gifted athletes on winning teams. They are the ones who have the attitude or not both good and bad.