Video: Janoris Jenkins "Its different here in New York, everybody wants to win.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I liked Jenkins' reference to coordinators "different". What JJ? not got the balls to say "BAD" coordinators, or just being nice?
Just missed playing for Spags ?!Them again the pillar thingse went through

WvuIN02

Starter
A pro bowler is an individual effort. Why couldn't he be a pro bowl CB with the Rams? He just decided he wanted to put in the 110% effort with the Giants? Unless the morale is really that bad on the Rams that players don't want to give it their all?
Can't fault the guy for getting what the market said he was worth, which was a lot more than what the Rams wanted to pay for him (9m/yr vs 12m+/yr). They could have tagged him, but chose Tru instead. C'est la vie? The Rams made their choice.

A football players career can end overnight, I think anyone in his situation would get as much money as you can in this short time. He's been the best corner in football this year according to many, but money is part of the game. And as far as what he said, when the offense is inept as ours has been, and you do want to win, you might take it upon yourself to make a gamble to make a big play to win the game. He did not come across as selfish in any way to me, quite the opposite in fact.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A pro bowler is an individual effort. Why couldn't he be a pro bowl CB with the Rams? He just decided he wanted to put in the 110% effort with the Giants? Unless the morale is really that bad on the Rams that players don't want to give it their all?
What he said he nothing about not giving it his all I don't even see how it could be misconstrued that way. He was jumping routes trying to make a play for the Team to help the team sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't but don't take that he wasn't giving it his all and I bet if the Rams were winning he would have been the same way he should have won droy but if the team don't win you don't shine

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Went to a team that wants to win?
In 3 seasons prior to JJ arrival, they were 19-29 while the Rams were 20-38 in the same 3 year span.
They didn't want to win more, they just wanted PAY you more JJ

This guy....

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Went to a team that wants to win?
In 3 seasons prior to JJ arrival, they were 19-29 while the Rams were 20-38 in the same 3 year span.
They didn't want to win more, they just wanted PAY you more JJ

This guy....
And the Giants fired their head coach after those 3 bad years despite winning them 2 super bowls while the Rams tried to endure another season of Fisher, even extended him. Also, what does them paying him more have to do with anything? He wasn't asked why he went to the Giants, and then replied "they want to win more". He was asked about the difference in ownership and culture.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the Giants fired their head coach after those 3 bad years despite winning them 2 super bowls while the Rams tried to endure another season of Fisher, even extended him. Also, what does them paying him more have to do with anything? He wasn't asked why he went to the Giants, and then replied "they want to win more". He was asked about the difference in ownership and culture.
Same coaching staff, particularly on the defense side.
They don't want to win more, they just are winning more.
And if the Rams would have paid JJ more, he'd still be a Ram. Its not about attitude
And kudos to the Giants, giving big dollars to Snacks Harrison, he is the reason why that defense is so good

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Can't fault the guy for getting what the market said he was worth, which was a lot more than what the Rams wanted to pay for him (9m/yr vs 12m+/yr). They could have tagged him, but chose Tru instead. C'est la vie? The Rams made their choice.

A football players career can end overnight, I think anyone in his situation would get as much money as you can in this short time. He's been the best corner in football this year according to many, but money is part of the game. And as far as what he said, when the offense is inept as ours has been, and you do want to win, you might take it upon yourself to make a gamble to make a big play to win the game. He did not come across as selfish in any way to me, quite the opposite in fact.

I commend Tru for not asking for an outrageous amount. When he gets better as a Ram, and does better things for this team maybe then he will go out on a limb and ask for more and pay him for what he is worth. I just really think that JJ could of did better for himself, and be a team leader on the field instead of just wanting the perfect scenario. Quite honestly there are better CBs in the league that don't make as much as JJ who can tackle better and who are more explosive. Don't rub the guys ego too much.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm ticked that we lost this guy and McLeod. We had the makings of a tremendous Defense especially if Quinn would have been healthy. This organization just baffles me with the decisions they've made. I can't believe our first year in LA we are the laughingstock of the NFL along with the Browns. You gotta keep your homegrown talent at all costs especially if they are on the brink of becoming something special. Now the freaking Giants are going to reap the rewards of all the hard work the Rams put into this guy. When was the last Good to great Free Agent the Rams signed??? The Giants signed like 3 ProBowl Level players in one offseason.The last decent free agent the Rams signed was maybe William Hayes?
Do you think the team can spend as much as they want for their roster? You know about the salary cap, right?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I commend Tru for not asking for an outrageous amount. When he gets better as a Ram, and does better things for this team maybe then he will go out on a limb and ask for more and pay him for what he is worth..
Wait, what?
They had to franchise Tru because they couldn't agree on a contract
He's actually making more this season, (approx. 14 mill) than JJ is (12.5 avg over contract life)
I had hoped they were going to franchise JJ and then re-sign Tru but they couldn't sign either guy....

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Same coaching staff, particularly on the defense side.
They don't want to win more, they just are winning more.
And if the Rams would have paid JJ more, he'd still be a Ram. Its not about attitude
And kudos to the Giants, giving big dollars to Snacks Harrison, he is the reason why that defense is so good
Yeah, but him being paid has nothing to do with it. This isn't about him being with the Giants or the Rams. And anyone who watched the entire game against seattle would think differently. 3 days after your coach is fired, you're getting blown out and embarrassed against a division rival and theres a shot of the team on the sidelines laughing it up like they've won. That's a winning attitude.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think the team can spend as much as they want for their roster? You know about the salary cap, right?
Who would you rather have signed long term, JJ or Tavon Austin?
OR how about the money wasted on Sensabaugh? Could have thrown that towards JJ's deal...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but him being paid has nothing to do with it. This isn't about him being with the Giants or the Rams. And anyone who watched the entire game against seattle would think differently. 3 days after your coach is fired, you're getting blown out and embarrassed against a division rival and theres a shot of the team on the sidelines laughing it up like they've won. That's a winning attitude.
You're missing the point, he went to NY not for their "winning attitude" he went there for the big $$$$
And the funny thing is that the Giants offense is so bad that there's still doubt the team can win another game and lock down a playoff spot
This is just JJ being JJ, throwing shade

EDIT- and I wish he never left the Rams....

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Wait, what?
They had to franchise Tru because they couldn't agree on a contract
He's actually making more this season, (approx. 14 mill) than JJ is (12.5 avg over contract life)
I had hoped they were going to franchise JJ and then re-sign Tru but they couldn't sign either guy....

Well Tru is only 1 year. Maybe they were generous in giving him that because maybe they want to see if he can do better, and then maybe give him a multi year contract if he exceeds that expectation. Way I see it JJ could of negotiated a deal and proven his worth. JJ did it for the money karma is a biotch. No offense, but I hope his true colors show.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
You're missing the point, he went to NY not for their "winning attitude" he went there for the big $$$$
And the funny thing is that the Giants offense is so bad that there's still doubt the team can win another game and lock down a playoff spot
This is just JJ being JJ, throwing shade

EDIT- and I wish he never left the Rams....
No I get your point, everyone knows why he went there. Everyone knew when he left, almost a year ago. He even said he wants to be paid. That point is tired. My point is, that he wasn't asked about why he left, he was asked about the ownership and culture. His response was that "everyone here wants to win". At no point in the interview in the op was he asked about why he went to the Giants. I wish he was apart of this team too, but everyone needs to get over it. He wasn't even throwing shade, he stated that he liked it with the rams, "a great organization", praising his current team moreso than bashing the other one. Throwing the money thing in is a tired and bitter, it has nothing to do with this article.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Who would you rather have signed long term, JJ or Tavon Austin?
OR how about the money wasted on Sensabaugh? Could have thrown that towards JJ's deal...
How much was Sensabaugh deal for? How much was guaranteed? I have no idea what else happened before or after was JJ already gone? Was the money available on top of the 9/year they offered? At the level JJ had performed he was not worth more than what the Rams offered.

FWIW I think the TA contract is a mistake

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Did anyone else watch the whole seattle game? Towards the end, there was a video of the Rams sideline, or a closeup of a few players. Guys were laughing it up, big smiles. Down big against a division rival, coach was fired 3 days prior, and they're laughing. I get that the season is over, and it is just a game, no need to get too down, but that does speak to winning attitude.

Psycho_X

Legend
Did anyone else watch the whole seattle game? Towards the end, there was a video of the Rams sideline, or a closeup of a few players. Guys were laughing it up, big smiles. Down big against a division rival, coach was fired 3 days prior, and they're laughing. I get that the season is over, and it is just a game, no need to get too down, but that does speak to winning attitude.

Agreed, a culture change is needed in the organization. I can guarantee if Harbaugh or Gruden were pacing those sidelines no one would be goofing off or laughing it up when being humiliated on the field.

I find what JJ says mostly true across the board all though a bit self serving because JJ is JJ. But what he says is true... this team has played not to lose under Fisher. How many times during a game do we say "Oh man, the defense is going to have to make a play if we want any chance to win this game". I used to be hard on JJ for getting burnt once in a while but now that he's playing the way he is at NY I see why he did. He knew he had to take chances and I think Williams asked him to.

I also believe the culture that has been around Rams Park before this season. What happened is what happened and it won't change. But you can't convince me that Stan and the front office was focused on LA and not winning or its team. In fact, Demoff has been quoted as to not being upset the team went on a losing streak to help kill attendance at games to help convince people they needed to move. I'm sure the players were well aware of the priorities being given at the time.

Hopefully that has changed now and winning is priority again. But a definite culture change is needed in coaching.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chris long said basically the same thing when he went to the patriots
And my comment works for him even more so than Jenkins being that he was a high priced vet 1st round pick and a supposed leader on the team. It's a bit ironic that a self reported leader of the team criticizes the teams leadership and lack of drive to win.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much was Sensabaugh deal for? How much was guaranteed? I have no idea what else happened before or after was JJ already gone? Was the money available on top of the 9/year they offered? At the level JJ had performed he was not worth more than what the Rams offered.

FWIW I think the TA contract is a mistake
5 mill a year for Sensabuagh, would have been better off throwing that at JJ
I said it then, and I'll say it now. They should have signed him.
And the over payment of Austin just emphasizes how clueless the organization is/was with contracts

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Tru is only 1 year. Maybe they were generous in giving him that because maybe they want to see if he can do better, and then maybe give him a multi year contract if he exceeds that expectation. Way I see it JJ could of negotiated a deal and proven his worth. JJ did it for the money karma is a biotch. No offense, but I hope his true colors show.
Its not about generous, they couldn't sign him to a long term deal. Only way to have not lost him was to over pay with the franchise tag.
I don't disagree that they did that, they couldn't have afforded to lose both JJ and him.
But I disagree with the assertion that Tru did the Rams any favors, that he deserves a pat on the back. He did ask for something outrageous, or else they would have signed him