Video: Janoris Jenkins "Its different here in New York, everybody wants to win.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/1...ts-st-louis-rams-los-angeles-first-take-video

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=QzOqAMk6Hqc

First of relevance for Rams fans was a question from Max Kellerman:

Kellerman: Coming into this when the Giants gave you that huge contract, I'm a Giants fan. A big Giants fan. And my thought was, "Boy, he's a good corner, but he's like a risky corner." Just watching, you know, the Rams as much as I did, "He'll gamble. I don't know if he's a shutdown. Whoa, that's a lot of money to give a guy" who I thought of as maybe a B+ kind of corner. Watching you this year, you're playing like an A+. Now is that me not paying close enough attention, or is there actually a qualitative difference in your game this year?

Jenkins: Aw man, I can say it's kind of both. You know, I was at St. Louis, and you know, good organization, but I felt like somebody always had to make a play over there. And, I wanted to be that guy, because we were always either down by 21 or in a close game where somebody needs to make a play. To where, you know, I'm here at the Giants, and I can just play within the scheme. You know, because I depend on my offense. I know we got a good offense, and I just play within the scheme and play to the best of my ability.

Kellerman: So playing with better players has made you a better player in other words.

Jenkins: It's not better players. It's just not playing from behind all the time or not playing in a close game or things like that. Not having to jump routes because somebody gotta make a play.

Kellerman: Is that coaching staff you're talking about or organizational differences between the Giants and the Rams?

Jenkins: It's just probably, I'll just say the coordinators. They're just different.

Jenkins also touched on his recent comments suggesting that players aren't allowed to talk to Stan Kroenke:

Kellerman: As a Giants fan I've noticed that in the NFL you have some very good ownership, especially in northeastern teams with family traditions like the Maras like the Rooneys in Pittsburgh...and you were quoted recently in the last day or so as saying that Kroenke on the Rams, you weren't even supposed to look at him if he was in camp. If he was walking through, you were supposed to not even talk to him or anything like that, and you contrasted that with the culture around the Giants. Can you speak to that a little bit?

Jenkins: It's just different, man. You know, St. Louis [was] a great organization. There's nothing that was bad over there, but it's just different. Here in New York, you know, it's winning. Everybody wanna win. Everybody wanna go out and make that play that can't nobody on the other team make. You know what I mean, it just makes me feel like I'm home.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I liked Jenkins' reference to coordinators "different". What JJ? not got the balls to say "BAD" coordinators, or just being nice?

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Makes complete sense. Always down 21 or in a close one. Accurate as it gets. Miss JJ one of my favorites

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
He and Tru, together this year...we would have had a much better chance at being special.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
"Everybody wanna win.-Janoris Jenkins 2016

200_s.gif

WvuIN02

Starter
"Everybody wanna win.-Janoris Jenkins 2016

200_s.gif
There have been plenty of occurrences on losing teams of guys just collecting paychecks and not wanting to win. Perennially losing franchises like the Rams and Browns make it more likely guys dont care because the organization is functionally deficient, unlike places such as NE, Pittsburgh, or the Giants.

So yea some guys just dont care, I think thats what JJ meant. But hes not going to point fingers. I know Michael Irvin talked about before Jimmy Johnson got there, the locker room had a list of guys who straight up said they didnt care if they won or lost and just wanted that check. When JJ arrived, Irvin handed him a list of every guy who didnt care about winning to get rid of. Something like this needs to happen in LA, maybe it was just the general indifference Fisher seemed to ooze but hopefully a new regime will get rid of those not hungry to win.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have to get it right, the good news Kroenke can't afford to get it wrong, so people post, "he's just a business man." True, but he needs to sell a ton of PSL's and in order to that in Tinsel Town is you must win.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
There have been plenty of occurrences on losing teams of guys just collecting paychecks and not wanting to win. Perennially losing franchises like the Rams and Browns make it more likely guys dont care because the organization is functionally deficient, unlike places such as NE, Pittsburgh, or the Giants.

So yea some guys just dont care, I think thats what JJ meant. But hes not going to point fingers. I know Michael Irvin talked about before Jimmy Johnson got there, the locker room had a list of guys who straight up said they didnt care if they won or lost and just wanted that check. When JJ arrived, Irvin handed him a list of every guy who didnt care about winning to get rid of. Something like this needs to happen in LA, maybe it was just the general indifference Fisher seemed to ooze but hopefully a new regime will get rid of those not hungry to win.

You have to be surrounded by winners indeed. Its different when you want a lot of money, and hope you get picked up by a better team without putting in the actual effort. JJ scored, yes he got more money, yes a better team picked him up @ that time. I just think he could of proven himself more on the Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So he didn't play within the scheme tried to jump routes too often and got burned and that put the team in a bad situation in tight games. Is that what he said??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too bad he didn't take it upon himself and try to be a team leader and change the culture of the team. Guess it's easier to hop on somebody else's work and throw rocks at the glass house you bailed on for a pay check.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
So he didn't play within the scheme tried to jump routes too often and got burned and that put the team in a bad situation in tight games. Is that what he said??

I think what he said is that he was half assing it, and felt like he was privileged by doing the bare minimum.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team was already in a situation before he got burned. People act like he got burned every game when it was only once or twice a season I don't get it at first it was don't sign him long term cause when he get money he won't play. Well I think he made a lot of people eat those words. Everything he said in that interview was spot on

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too bad he didn't take it upon himself and try to be a team leader and change the culture of the team. Guess it's easier to hop on somebody else's work and throw rocks at the glass house you bailed on for a pay check.
Chris long said basically the same thing when he went to the patriots

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the end of the day he is a pro bowl cb who else on this team can say that

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
At the end of the day he is a pro bowl cb who else on this team can say that

A pro bowler is an individual effort. Why couldn't he be a pro bowl CB with the Rams? He just decided he wanted to put in the 110% effort with the Giants? Unless the morale is really that bad on the Rams that players don't want to give it their all?

Rams77

Starter
I'm pissed that we lost this guy and McLeod. We had the makings of a tremendous Defense especially if Quinn would have been healthy. This organization just baffles me with the decisions they've made. I can't believe our first year in LA we are the laughingstock of the NFL along with the Browns. You gotta keep your homegrown talent at all costs especially if they are on the brink of becoming something special. Now the freaking Giants are going to reap the rewards of all the hard work the Rams put into this guy. When was the last Good to great Free Agent the Rams signed??? The Giants signed like 3 ProBowl Level players in one offseason.The last decent free agent the Rams signed was maybe William Hayes?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Given what we hear about Fisher having been a player's coach, it's hardly surprising that comments like this come out.

That kind of culture breeds complacency. It must be a shock to go from that to a team with a more winning culture.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
id thought there be more heat on JJ for saying this i mean JL got slammed for saying pretty much the same thing