Trent Dilfer: Rams are an immature team, but I wouldn't wanna play them.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I am not a Trent Dilfer fan ... but he hit the nail on the head on what I was trying to say in a previous thread. This team is mind boggling.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think a lot of people feel this way.

IMO, consistency is not a talent issue. You're talented or you're not. I can see why Fisher is catching heat.

Athos

Legend
You know it sucks when ole Trent starts pointing out the painful obvious truth.

Team needs to play cleaner.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Can't disagree with much of what he said. I wanted to write most of his comments out for those who can't access the video for whatever reason.

"Yeah, I just think they're immature, they've always been immature. They have high highs and low lows. They have active, dynamic personnel but not consistent personnel. They don't have guys that show up every week and play at the same level of intensity and consistency."

"You talk to football people around the league and they feel the same way I do. They're the biggest tease in the league. They look great on paper. They look great one week and then horrible the next."

In his ESPN meeting before the game he said "I guarantee you the Rams lose to the Redskins today because that's who the Rams are. They are an immature football team. Mature football teams bring a level of consistency each week. I wouldn't want to play them Sunday off of a loss though because they're good is really good."

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Those good Titan teams were also like that. A team you hated to play, but also a team that did some dumb things at times. However this team's biggest issue right now is how quickly can the OL grow up and start to establish a run game.

That was the difference in the Skin's game. They could run it and the Rams could not. When they start running the ball, then immaturity will not be that big of an issue.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Which begs the question... How/why, does/can't Fisher and the rest of the coaching staff get the point across they need to show up every game?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Which begs the question... How/why, does/can't Fisher and the rest of the coaching staff get the point across they need to show up every game?

Where are the "mature, experienced, veterans" who should be doing this as well?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Pretty much, we have the makings of a good team, but something continues to hold us back. I made it clear what I think it is, so it's not worth reiterating, but something's got to give. Perennial should have beens just isn't going to cute it anymore.

Debacled

Starter
Take a good long look at the roster. Its still VERY very young. All we ever hear is that this is Fisher's 4th year molding the roster. I don't care about that, what I see is a ton of youth on the team still. Youth leads to mistakes. Youth leads to what Dilfer is bringing up.

Talent isn't enough to overcome experience. I'm not saying this team needs a bigger veteran presence, but there are a number of players on the team that could definitely use some extra seasoning.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fisher is a 500 coach but for a 5 year stretch he had the titans dominating, in 4 of those years. why can't he do that for the rams?

because the rams don't have eddie george? or a great qb like mcnair?

the next time he had them winning well his qbs were young and collins, hardly world beaters at qb. his rb though was a sprite chris johnson who took the nfl world by storm.

the key for the rams is todd gurley. this young man will need to carry this team to victory. the missing piece if you may. this is it for fisher, if they can't win consistently with gurley then they will never win.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
youngest team 3 years in a row. Really telling. At some point we need to not be. Developing year in and year out has led to being like this, well at least partially. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Where are the "mature, experienced, veterans" who should be doing this as well?

Aside from JL and Long, who do we actually have that's got time and shows up every week from an effort/preparation standpoint? Backup Hayes, maybe Foles but he hasn't been around all that long either. JJ is too immature and probably will be his whole career, Cook is the poster child for inconsistent effort. Rookies and career backups on the line. Saffold maybe? Somebody is going to have to step up.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Take a good long look at the roster. Its still VERY very young. All we ever hear is that this is Fisher's 4th year molding the roster. I don't care about that, what I see is a ton of youth on the team still. Youth leads to mistakes. Youth leads to what Dilfer is bringing up.

Talent isn't enough to overcome experience. I'm not saying this team needs a bigger veteran presence, but there are a number of players on the team that could definitely use some extra seasoning.

Excuses, excuses, excuses....how many examples are there of H.C.'s that built successful teams in far less time? Yes this teams young, it also has a D returning for the 2nd year in a row. Personally I'm so tired of the excuses.

My comments are not directed at you specifically.