Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cameron Erving would be nice can play tackle or Guard but as much as we dislike Boom at guard he did open up some running lanes and is basically better than any guard we have.

oldnotdead

Legend
Hmmm McCaffery and Corbett? That would solve the Rams running and OL woes. That would be as big of a trade as for Ramsey.

Get it done Snead.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think CMC would be like signing BWagz, he would help yes but does nothing to address other more pressing needs on the roster (LT, G/C, DE/Edge)...

If we're not looking for guys that sack the quarterback or prevent our own quarterback from getting sacked...I don't get it...
We deff needed BWagz. How vulnerable we were in mid field last season was a glaring weakness.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
We deff needed BWagz. How vulnerable we were in mid field last season was a glaring weakness.

Was he a drastic improvement? Ofcourse...but we also had Von Miller (and won the superbowl with subpar ILB play) and if I had to choose between Von and BWagz, i'm choosing Von everytime.

I'm not sure the improvement at ILB is worth the regression at Edge...I always think of the playoffs game we lost vs the Packers watching Donald being our sole pass rush threat

Last edited:

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
We couldn't afford to retain Von, so that's kinda a moot argument.

I initially said Edge is a more pressing need than obtaining CMC or a RB and equated it to signing Wagz...does it improve the roster? Yes...Does it also ignore a more glaring need in my opinion? Yes...Von was just an example of Edge being more important than ILB (or RB for that matter) for us. Id rather trade for Robert Quinn than CMC

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I initially said Edge is a more pressing need than obtaining CMC or a RB and equated it to signing Wagz...does it improve the roster? Yes...Does it also ignore a more glaring need in my opinion? Yes...Von was just an example of Edge being more important than ILB (or RB for that matter) for us. Id rather trade for Robert Quinn than CMC
Ah ok, I get what you're saying. I agree as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And of course Corbett isnt on the list, because it does them no good but still his name gets pandered about....
Yeah the failed logic of a team trading a guy they just signed to a free agent contract and would incur a ton of dead money :D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Moton would be fantastic. But of course they won't want to move him and we'd rather have McCaffrey for the next two games before he gets dinged up. :laugh3:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CMC would be an affordable 1yr rental, but he’d be cut 2023 with no return comp pick.

Is that what I am seeing?
If he's traded the way I've read things he doesn't have any more guaranteed money for the team that trades for him. Personally wouldn't want to cut him after this season if we trade for him but then I don't want to trade for him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has only 7 tackles and 1 sack in 6 games, its a hard pass for me
Quinn makes no sense he's not a good fit in a 3-4 and like you said he's just not doing anything for how much he costs in salary. I know everybody says get him to magically do a restructure and take less money but sorry this might be his last contract don't see that happening.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
If we do trade for a RB of the names being thrown around my preference would be.

1) David Montgomery
2) Kareem Hunt
3) Christian McCaffery

Obviously that's not how I would rank them talent wise because it would probably be just the opposite. That's not a slight at Montgomery because he's very talented but if you figure in everything injuries, off the field issues etc. that would be my order.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
If he's traded the way I've read things he doesn't have any more guaranteed money for the team that trades for him. Personally wouldn't want to cut him after this season if we trade for him but then I don't want to trade for him.
Yeah. That's kind of where I'm at as well. If the Rams are going to trade for him, I'd hope that they'd figure out how to keep him for a few years. I don't think he's really their biggest need though, and those picks are probably their best shot at restocking their interior OL.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Brings back my earlier trade proposal to Detroit as Brad Holmes may have had a big role in the Rams drafting of Akers.
How about Akers for Craig Reynolds & a 6'th round pick ?
The Lions' have quite the capable running back room with Swift, Williams, and Reynolds. I am not so sure they will want or need Cam Akers. Akers, at least based on what he has shown recently, is a downgrade on any of those players. A huge downgrade, in the case of Swift and Williams. Re: Reynolds, the two play very different roles, and Reynolds plays the pass-catching RB role at a far superior level.