Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Understood , but lets be honest-the Rams prioritize blocking from their feature backs more than any other team in the NFL. Maybe the RBs don’t appreciate the wear and tear on their bodies. After all, you aren’t going to get a big contract getting 12-15 carries a game.

And McVay doesn’t seem to have the best history getting along with our RBs so maybe that’s it.
I don't see it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't Swift injured ?
Anyway, Jamal Williams is entering free agency following the season and so is Craig Reynolds. If the Rams can move Akers and get a draft pick out of it, the Brad Holmes connection might help. jmo.
Swift is fine, he'll play after the bye. I think the idea that anyone would trade for Akers is ludicrous, and certainly a team that has a million needs where RB isnt one of them even more so. With the draft capital Detroit has, and Holmes history of scouting, I'd have to think he would feel confident he could draft an RB or 2 that would come with a 4 year deal, instead of trading for a guy with 1 full season left

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Brad Holmes is building a team to compete do you guys really think he'll trade Williams? I can't see it unless we massively over pay, Holmes is too smart.
Williams is a FA after this season. He’ll be 28. I doubt he gets too big an offer in FA. Likely return a 6-7th comp.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams is a FA after this season. He’ll be 28. I doubt he gets too big an offer in FA. Likely return a 6-7th comp.
Your own words he won't get a big offer. It's very possible they move on to a new QB next year with 2 1st round picks and they have a lot of cap and could have more if they move on from Goff. A 2nd cheap good RB with the OL and TE/WR's would be great for a rookie QB. I think Holmes is too smart to trade Williams.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I reaaaalllly hope the 49ers don't get him. We already can't beat them, and this would make it even worse.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do think CMC could help but is another star oft injured star at the RB position the answer. Unless it's one of a handful of deals.

Edge
OL
RB

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The timing of things is as interesting as any aspect of this situation. We are playing Carolina and we may have interest in 3 or 4 of their players spanning of our 3 biggest concerns Edge, O.L, & RB all in the same week that Akers becomes a mystery and movement seems imminent.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Commodes sucks, I think they should have changed their name to the Washington War Pigs

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He played in the Thursday night game and had 15 carries for 67 yards. He runs hard and gives great effort, I noticed that when we played them opening week last year.
They didn't throw to him much on Thursday like they usually do.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You don't get a RB for cheap at midseason if he doesn't have some flaws. So guys who have injury history, aren't seeing the holes well, have fumbles, etc are par for the course.

This is why you want to draft a fucking RB who can help you instead of fish for ones midseason. And it's even more glaring when you end up trading for the physical types you turn your nose up at in the draft. Because the previous two RBs we added were both very physical (Anderson and Michel).

Remembering Anderson's impact with a tear in my eye:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdylPHn3n8&ab_channel=NFL

Every draft I wonder at some of the backs they pass up. If the two main guys have had injuries in their past then maybe they should be looking for a RB every year until they can find a good one.

And before someone says it……I’m not talking about the Jake Funks and Xavier Jones types.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I think CMC would be like signing BWagz, he would help yes but does nothing to address other more pressing needs on the roster (LT, G/C, DE/Edge)...

If we're not looking for guys that sack the quarterback or prevent our own quarterback from getting sacked...I don't get it...