Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
One thing management knows is a lot of the fans in LA are fickle if they don't show for a Superbowl champion what will happen if this team rebuild or goes into the tank for Lord knows how long. As rich as Kroenke is an empty SoFi would be crippling. He knows the deal does anyone think especially still trying to really dig in that foundation for the future that the Rams could afford to be bad for a long stretch.

My point is I think if there is a 24 year old ascending star like Jalen Ramsey to acquire and possibly take that torch from AD or maybe any other you player I believe they will trade whatever picks are necessary. The fan base isn't yet strong enough to handle a run of bad years.
True the fan base isn't there yet. But with so many opposing fans I don't think there will be a problem for Kroenke.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I just had a crazy thought. And probably way off base. What if Akers openly bitched about the poor blocking in the locker room and pissed off the linemen? Like I said, probably way off base. Or is it?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I just had a crazy thought. And probably way off base. What if Akers openly bitched about the poor blocking in the locker room and pissed off the linemen? Like I said, probably way off base. Or is it?
I'd have more respect for him if he did. Haha.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brings back my earlier trade proposal to Detroit as Brad Holmes may have had a big role in the Rams drafting of Akers.
How about Akers for Craig Reynolds & a 6'th round pick ?
Not interesting to me but others may like it.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I wonder if part of the problem is how much blocking McVay expects from his RBs. I mean we draft guys who are good runners and pass catchers in college and than want them to block half the game because McVay wants to throw 30-35 times a game.

What RB wants to get his ass kicked half the time blocking and not getting to run and showcase your talent. Blocking for a RB isn’t what gets you paid in this league and with all the personality issues McVay has with his RBs I wonder if that’s the problem.

If McVay wants to throw as much as he does than maybe the Rams need to change their philosophy around the type RBs we draft.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wonder if part of the problem is how much blocking McVay expects from his RBs. I mean we draft guys who are good runners and pass catchers in college and than want them to block half the game because McVay wants to throw 30-35 times a game.

What RB wants to get his ass kicked half the time blocking and not getting to run and showcase your talent. Blocking for a RB isn’t what gets you paid in this league and with all the personality issues McVay has with his RBs I wonder if that’s the problem.

If McVay wants to throw as much as he does than maybe the Rams need to change their philosophy around the type RBs we draft.
Any back who expects to play in the NFL in this era needs to learn how to block in the passing game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brings back my earlier trade proposal to Detroit as Brad Holmes may have had a big role in the Rams drafting of Akers.
How about Akers for Craig Reynolds & a 6'th round pick ?
Detroit has Swift and Jamal Williams is running like a beast. Why would they want to add to that? Their issue is defense, or lackthereof

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Ok looks like potential high ankle sprain for Montgomery so he's probably out as an option. We need someone who can plug in and help us out now.
He played in the Thursday night game and had 15 carries for 67 yards. He runs hard and gives great effort, I noticed that when we played them opening week last year.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If we want a Panthers trade, I’d rather go big with Burns & Corbett. Fix the pash rush and help the OL in one trade. They can have some combo of picks and players (Lewis, Tutu, akers, etc).

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Detroit has Swift and Jamal Williams is running like a beast. Why would they want to add to that? Their issue is defense, or lackthereof
Jamal Williams would look like here. He can get those tough, short yards - and goal line TDs

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Isn't Swift injured ?
Anyway, Jamal Williams is entering free agency following the season and so is Craig Reynolds. If the Rams can move Akers and get a draft pick out of it, the Brad Holmes connection might help. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brad Holmes is building a team to compete do you guys really think he'll trade Williams? I can't see it unless we massively over pay, Holmes is too smart.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Isn't Swift injured ?
Anyway, Jamal Williams is entering free agency following the season and so is Craig Reynolds. If the Rams can move Akers and get a draft pick out of it, the Brad Holmes connection might help. jmo.
I think the math is whether the Rams offer a pick higher than what they would expect in compensation *if* they weren't planning on keeping Williams.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Any back who expects to play in the NFL in this era needs to learn how to block in the passing game.

Understood , but lets be honest-the Rams prioritize blocking from their feature backs more than any other team in the NFL. Maybe the RBs don’t appreciate the wear and tear on their bodies. After all, you aren’t going to get a big contract getting 12-15 carries a game.

And McVay doesn’t seem to have the best history getting along with our RBs so maybe that’s it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think the math is whether the Rams offer a pick higher than what they would expect in compensation *if* they weren't planning on keeping Williams.

I doubt Detroit parts with Williams, my original post was trading for Craig Reynolds & a draft pick.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I doubt Detroit parts with Williams, my original post was trading for Craig Reynolds & a draft pick.
Just commenting on the concept of trading for Williams others brought up.
I don't know much about Reynolds.