Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Welp.. this is our Rams team.

Will this be McVay’s first losing season?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It is clear that AD's selfishness factored in to the Rams approach this past offseason. To what extent it changed things nobody knows but certainly it was a factor. I don't think it prevented Von, as the Rams were rightly leery of the guaranteed money down the road. But yes it affected approach.

I mean imagine if they had signed a reasonable OG. Those manageable moves are the ones that disappear when you pay the big guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hockenson hasn't really lived up to that top ten billing. I think moving him was very shrewd by the Lions. They might not be a good team, and largely due to that defense. But they're making good decisions in their team building now. Brad has a nice feel for that.

dang

Legend
Do we actually know what caused the issue yet or is it all just speculation?
That’s my question. Can someone provide written confirmation of what Akers did to disrespect McVay?. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but I haven’t seen confirmation yet.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does that trade make sense for Detroit? Hockenson was a top ten pick. That’s a lousy return.
You never know, they might be interested in moving up in this draft and need the pick+ they have a lot of fire power now considering their 1st round WR is due to come off the IR soon.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hockenson hasn't really lived up to that top ten billing. I think moving him was very shrewd by the Lions. They might not be a good team, and largely due to that defense. But they're making good decisions in their team building now. Brad has a nice feel for that.

Detroit is also well positioned to trade Goff after this season, and of course are still in the running for the overall 1'st pick in the upcoming draft. They could really reload if they want to.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a the eighth pick in 2019 and is one of the better right ends in the league. If they picked up his fifth year option they’d have him for two more seasons.
His best season so far was 700 yards receiving. He's not a must keep.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Meh a second and three 4s for a tight end on an expiring contract
Not sure where you saw a 2nd and three fourth round picks.

Detroit got back a 2nd and 3rd. The second is in 2023; the third in 2024.

In addition to Hockenson, Minnesota also gets back a fourth round pick; and, possibly another 4th.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s my question. Can someone provide written confirmation of what Akers did to disrespect McVay?. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but I haven’t seen confirmation yet.
Yeah I'm not going to join in on the shit on Akers parade until I hear he did something. I'm pretty sure McVay said the issue wasn't football related at first so not sure what to think.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He was a the eighth pick in 2019 and is one of the better right ends in the league. If they picked up his fifth year option they’d have him for two more seasons.

He's also been one of the most disappointing players. If you listen to radio and beat reporters he ain't it. Teams don't gameplan around him like Mark Andrews or Travis Kelce.

Go look at his game by game #s. Very low inpact.