Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure where you saw a 2nd and three fourth round picks.

Detroit got back a 2nd and 3rd. The second is in 2023; the third in 2024.

In addition to Hockenson, Minnesota also gets back a fourth round pick; and, possibly another 4th.
I def like that deal less. I don't see why Detroit gave up 4s. But I still like getting a second and third for him.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Hahahaha u piece of shit.....good one
Yeah, if we fans are getting grumpy and ornery, it wouldn't surprise me if the Rams locker room might be getting chippy, too.

McKinley and Hollins sure went at it. Seeemed like Ramsey and Kendrick were arguing too.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
What straw man?
Whatever. Amazing how some cant just admit a simple mistake
Alas, I'll stick with discussing with the grownups
Mistake? What mistake? Oh, that the Rams didn’t have any idea about AD wanting to retire without a new contract until he submitted the paperwork. Maybe you were under a rock for 5 months.
My only mistake is discussing with someone who can’t see beyond what’s right in front of him.

Maybe your love for AD is making you get defensive. Heck, I love the guy too. But fact is he wanted a big redone contract. That cost money and cap space. That prevents some moves. If you can’t see that….

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s not like the Rams weren’t trying. They can’t win every game and they can’t win every deal.

It’s time to hope that they can take the next few games and get back on track.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Selfishness?
Getting paid what you’re worth is selfish?
This is pro sports with an artificial salary cap… blame the system if you’d like.. but wanting to get paid? That’s not selfish.

Hell.. what better example could you have for young players on your team?
The guys that work the hardest are being paid the most.
I think so. I love AD but he is selfish IMO.

Name
KJ
One thing management knows is a lot of the fans in LA are fickle if they don't show for a Superbowl champion what will happen if this team rebuild or goes into the tank for Lord knows how long. As rich as Kroenke is an empty SoFi would be crippling. He knows the deal does anyone think especially still trying to really dig in that foundation for the future that the Rams could afford to be bad for a long stretch.

My point is I think if there is a 24 year old ascending star like Jalen Ramsey to acquire and possibly take that torch from AD or maybe any other you player I believe they will trade whatever picks are necessary. The fan base isn't yet strong enough to handle a run of bad years.
I think we are going to have to reload at some point so the fans probably want show up anyway. Plus it never seems like we have home field advantage because of the LA bandwagon fans support of the opposing team. I really felt we never had the home field advantage since we returned home to LA. In St. Louis we had that advantage in the dome. It is going to take time to build up the fan base now that we are back in LA and the only way to do that is continue winning and add championships

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mistake? What mistake? Oh, that the Rams didn’t have any idea about AD wanting to retire without a new contract until he submitted the paperwork. Maybe you were under a rock for 5 months.
My only mistake is discussing with someone who can’t see beyond what’s right in front of him.

Maybe your love for AD is making you get defensive. Heck, I love the guy too. But fact is he wanted a big redone contract. That cost money and cap space. That prevents some moves. If you can’t see that….
Ahh, moving the goal posts eh?
The assertion that the Rams knew what they were going to pay Donald when they made Miller his offer, and that dollar amount is what prevented Von from re-signing. It's a ridiculous take. And furthermore calling Donald selfish to boot.
Yes, that is completely and unequivocally false
The Rams made Miller a great offer, in fact their offer would have paid Von more per year than the Buffalo deal, the difference was the guaranteed money, Rams guaranteed 2 years, Buffalo 3. There is literally ZERO correlation between the 2.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think so. I love AD but he is selfish IMO.
Yeah, he didn’t have the team in mind when he threatened to retire. He knew he had them between a rock and a hard place. Had they not agreed he would have ended up with the Steelers eventually. He’d be back to 2018 level with that DLine.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, he didn’t have the team in mind when he threatened to retire. He knew he had them between a rock and a hard place. Had they not agreed he would have ended up with the Steelers eventually. He’d be back to 2018 level with that DLine.
He was under contract until 2025, so he didnt have any leverage. And his contract signing didnt prevent any free agent signings, since his cap number remained fairly static, and was completed after all other moves were made including extensions for Stafford and Kupp . The guy has far outplayed his contract and the team rewarded him for it.
Cant understand why some of the fan base want to vilify the guy

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He was under contract until 2025, so he didnt have any leverage. And his contract signing didnt prevent any free agent signings, since his cap number remained fairly static, and was completed after all other moves were made including extensions for Stafford and Kupp . The guy has far outplayed his contract and the team rewarded him for it.
Cant understand why some of the fan base want to vilify the guy
He had all of the leverage. “I’m retiring, unless you can convince me not to with a new contract”.

I like AD. He’s a great player. But, when the QB and MVP wide receiver take a little less to benefit the team, then it’s a bad look for AD.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I will take this opportunity to shit on the Rams FO in this particular instance. They should have just traded Cam Akers for peanuts like a future 6th or 7th or cut him before the trade deadline. He doesn't obviously want to be with the Rams anymore. Then they should have signed any depth RB since they obviously weren't going to spend draft capital to trade for one. This whole situation was handled stupidly.
You're assuming they didn't try to trade him here. After they benched him and said he had issues to work through and after the horrible performance of our OL and RB and OC as a whole he had little to no value. We know they tried to trade him and there were what 2 or 3 RB's traded total at the deadline so not a lot of activity there.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Ahh, moving the goal posts eh?
The assertion that the Rams knew what they were going to pay Donald when they made Miller his offer, and that dollar amount is what prevented Von from re-signing. It's a ridiculous take. And furthermore calling Donald selfish to boot.
Yes, that is completely and unequivocally false
The Rams made Miller a great offer, in fact their offer would have paid Von more per year than the Buffalo deal, the difference was the guaranteed money, Rams guaranteed 2 years, Buffalo 3. There is literally ZERO correlation between the 2.
You’re all over the place but at least consistent. btw, I did not call AD selfish.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had all of the leverage. “I’m retiring, unless you can convince me not to with a new contract”.

I like AD. He’s a great player. But, when the QB and MVP wide receiver take a little less to benefit the team, then it’s a bad look for AD.
That's not even remotely close to what happened, and I cant understand why people want that to be.
Basically one would have to believe he used his kids in PA as a pawn for more $$, which knowing what we know about him that isnt the case.
The Rams did right by the guy, and instead of feeling pride for our team in doing the right thing, people would rather character assassinate one of the best players of all time. For what I have no idea.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re all over the place but at least consistent. btw, I did not call AD selfish.
Im not over the map I just played out the history for you.
And you said this, and by this you arent saying he's selfish then you are making up your own dictionary
AD can’t have his cake and eat it too. Tearing up the contract meant less funds to Von - and ultimately no Von.
If he doesn’t threaten retirement without a new deal, then I’m guessing Von likely is signed with the available funds.
Pay me is at the expense of roster building. Which is fine for someone like AD. But he’s partially to blame. Although I think we could, and should, have figured out a way to sign Von regardless. But would have been immensely easier without the extraordinary AD contract.
Donald's deal had nothing to do with Von's contract, literally nothing.
If anyone wanted to play the "blame game" one could say that the Allen Robinson contract money could have been used for Von. Of course that would be inaccurate as well being the Rams offered Von more AAV than Buffalo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You're assuming they didn't try to trade him here. After they benched him and said he had issues to work through and after the horrible performance of our OL and RB and OC as a whole he had little to no value. We know they tried to trade him and there were what 2 or 3 RB's traded total at the deadline so not a lot of activity there.
I'm simply saying he should be gone regardless prior to the deadline. If we got a draft pick, awesome, but he should be gone. The guy doesn't want to be here and he hasn't been playing well also. As far as getting other RBs, it doesn't have to be a trade but simply someone from someone else's practice squad to fill out depth once Cam is gone.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Im not over the map I just played out the history for you.
And you said this, and by this you arent saying he's selfish then you are making up your own dictionary

Donald's deal had nothing to do with Von's contract, literally nothing.
If anyone wanted to play the "blame game" one could say that the Allen Robinson contract money could have been used for Von. Of course that would be inaccurate as well being the Rams offered Von more AAV than Buffalo.
Not sure if you have blinders on or it’s too complex (and you need to keep things simplistic). But you obviously are set with your opinion and that’s cool. Diversity of thought makes things better. Go Rams - Cheers.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure if you have blinders on or it’s too complex (and you need to keep things simplistic). But you obviously are set with your opinion and that’s cool. Diversity of thought makes things better. Go Rams - Cheers.
The irony of this post is fascinating
Moving on