Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ehh didnt want to overpay for any players like brandin cooks... can't blame them.
I don’t think that’s how it played out.

More likely, the Texans had the Rams interested, Cooks was like “Hell yeah, get me the fuck outta here” even being willing to reduce his salary to make it happen and the Texans tried too hard to milk it and we walked away.

I’d be pissed if I was Cooks, too

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, to be clear, unless we go on a tear, OBJ isnt coming back.

We’re all we got and that will have to be enough.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm so glad we get to watch this same shit show the rest of the year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cooks post that was linked sounded like sour grapes over McVay. Which I believe. It was the right decision to move his overpaid ass. What was stupid was going back to the well again with him.

Ellard80

Legend
I don’t think that’s how it played out.

More likely, the Texans had the Rams interested, Cooks was like “Hell yeah, get me the fuck outta here” even being willing to reduce his salary to make it happen and the Texans tried too hard to milk it and we walked away.

I’d be pissed if I was Cooks, too
im not following this... if cooks could be had for close to nothing they might have taken him.

another problem with cooks is his salaray next year however.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
im not following this... if cooks could be had for close to nothing they might have taken him.

another problem with cooks is his salaray next year however.
Based on Cooks’ tweet, it would seem the Texans were the impediment, not the Rams. He already stated publicly that he would take less to be traded, and apparently there were conversations about them parting amicably, but now that they aren’t parting, seems he’s got tea to spill…

Doesn't change anything and reinforces that you can’t trust the Texans FO for shit. It wasn’t all Jack Easterby

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I'm so glad we get to watch this same shit show the rest of the year.

Im contemplating salvaging the rest of this year's Sundays and taking a break, my new rule is to turn the game off if I start to get upset and I don't see the ship correcting its course between now and the last week of the regular season.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Im contemplating salvaging the rest of this year's Sundays and taking a break, my new rule is to turn the game off I start to get upset and I don't see the ship correcting its course between now and the last week of the regular season.
I'll be in the same regimen.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Aaron Donald came back for Snead and McVay to let Von walk and throw in the towel on the rest of this season...I hope that dude stays injury free and rides off into the sunset as deserved...
He also got a fairly hefty boost to his pay packet as I recall.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
He also got a fairly hefty boost to his pay packet as I recall.
And? He's the greatest defensive player of the last 30+ years who's played with the Rams his entire career. We're lucky to have him. My point is if Snead and McVay and throwing in the towel on the season, then should this guy come back? He has a ring and had one of the greatest careers in football ever. He has nothing left to prove other than maybe winning a 2nd Superbowl which McVay and Co. clearly aren't aiming for this year. Why come back?

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
And? He's the greatest defensive player of the last 30+ years who's played with the Rams his entire career. We're lucky to have him. My point is if Snead and McVay and throwing in the towel on the season, then should this guy come back? He has a ring and had one of the greatest careers in football ever. He has nothing left to prove other than maybe winning a 2nd Superbowl which McVay and Co. clearly aren't aiming for this year. Why come back?
Well said friend.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should have been cut his ass and added another RB. I get it obviously didn't end up being Hunt but we could have just gotten someone else on a practice squad so they get acclimated with our offense. Cam Akers is a lost cause and was before the deadline expired.
Do we actually know what caused the issue yet or is it all just speculation?

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I’m just saying he didn’t do it out of the goodness of his heart. It wasn’t ‘a favour’ to McSnead and all Rams fans. He was fairly compensated for coming back’.

I agree with your thoughts on AD being the greatest but disagree that the towel has been thrown in. Attempts were made to improve the roster in many areas but we didn’t have the juice to get them done. At some point you have to balance the present with the future in regards to cost.

Don’t let AD’s passion fool you into believing he doesn’t treat this like a business. If he was content to sit on one ring he would have his feet up already.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Don't cry too hard for AD. He was part of the problem.

After the superbowl win he was all for signing Von. Sometime after that it became "gimme my money". Even though he was already well compensated he wanted much more and the Rams caved.

So here we are. I won't be shedding any tears for AD.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
AD can’t have his cake and eat it too. Tearing up the contract meant less funds to Von - and ultimately no Von.
If he doesn’t threaten retirement without a new deal, then I’m guessing Von likely is signed with the available funds.
Pay me is at the expense of roster building. Which is fine for someone like AD. But he’s partially to blame. Although I think we could, and should, have figured out a way to sign Von regardless. But would have been immensely easier without the extraordinary AD contract.