LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Random people through the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Okay. Then they may not be very reliable. Unfortunately, a lot of people do hack shinies, particularly legends. There's a few people who are decent and do give away shinies, but a lot of them like to hack. I really do hope that you're able to keep your shiny Darkrai...but I don't know if you will. Like I said, hacking was a major problem in the Pokémon games, and GameFreak/Nintendo wanted to put a stop to it once and for all.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
My girl got me dying light for V-day (thus adding to my pile of games I need to beat) played for a hour or so. I'm really sloppy at the parkour lol, using R1 to jump really throws me off.

Memento

Name
Jemma
My girl got me dying light for V-day (thus adding to my pile of games I need to beat) played for a hour or so. I'm really sloppy at the parkour lol, using R1 to jump really throws me off.

Should always be A/X to jump in any game. Same with using the left and right triggers to aim and fire. Any non-RP game that doesn't do that is a game I can't play.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also, quick update on Pokémon: I got a drought Vulpix from one of my friends for the Yveltal I have. I'm still looking for drizzle Politoed/swift swim Poliwag/Poliwhirl (nickname and gender is optional; I can breed it either way) and American versions of Darkrai and Genesect without nicknames. I can give you any version-exclusive Pokémon egg, along with a Yveltal (once I beat the game, capture Moltres, transfer my mons, and start over), and I can also gift anyone who has OR/AS a Groudon/Kyogre with their respective orbs, as well as any mega-stone you could ever want (as I dislike mega-evolution). I can also give free legends with any nickname you desire (non-shiny only; I don't have the patience to scum-save for shinies).

Again, I'm looking for drizzle Politoed, Darkrai, and Genesect for legends (particularly Groudon/Kyogre with their orbs and very hard-to-catch version-exclusive legends such as Ho-oh and Lugia with a mega-stone of your choice), but if you're just looking for a version-exclusive Pokémon like a Skrelp or Spritzee or whatever, I'll gladly accept any regular com-mon in return and send you their egg so that they can be completely yours.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Finished the Dead Space trilogy finally. Kinda bummed there isn't another. No games really pissed me off so much while being a blast to play.

Now I need another shooter with a great story.

I'm chipping away at DS 3 here and there. I like it so far, I'm on chapter 6 or 7 I think. Some shooters with great stories are the last of us, mass effect (part rpg), metro 2033 and metro last light. Also the uncharted series.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
-About to play "the last of us" again. Such a great game. If you havent played it before you must get it. Probably the most emotional invested game you will ever play. Easily in my top 10.

-Just downloaded Final Fantasy X HD, X was my 2nd favorite FF game(VII being my fav). Now just waiting for the guide to arrive in the mail. If you havent played a FF game before, there is so much shit to do and get you have no idea, and a guide is almost a most. This is a great game.

-My buddy from work is lending me all three Mass Effects as well. I have played them before but going to go through them again. Another amazing game.

-All of those are to help me while I wait for FFXV to come out this year. Been waiting for it to come out since they announced it 9 YEARS AGO!!!! It is going to be the reason why I buy a PS4. Soon they will be releasing FF Type-0 remastered, which comes with a playable FFXV demo. Im not getting it, just liking that they are putting a demo out there so it confirms that FFXV will be arriving soon!!! You have no idea how excited I am about this.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
OK, I wouldn't care how much I loved this girl at one point... cops would be called and felony charges would be pressed...

1510527_795074077231568_7026789484465530116_n.jpg

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I like getting "bundles" of Steam Games as I've talked about before, and recently I got a bundle because it contained "Front Page Sports Football", which way back in the Pre-Madden day was a pretty awesome football game for its time on PC by Sierra (publishers who made series like King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest).

Turns out the new Front Page Sports Football is just by some guys who bought the rights to the name and has nothing to do with the original. The goal of it was apparently to create a Football Manager-style coach/GM simulator for American Football.

One big factor immediately sticks out to stop me from enjoying the game. The game doesn't have an NFL license, so all the teams and plays are renamed. So I had to pick the "St. Louis Goats" and when I first open the roster, I see my QBs: "Shaun Hell", "Austin Daves" and "Case Keenom". Yes, all the players just have one vowel changed in their last name... but no "Sam Bredford" or somesuch? And the only free agent QBs avalable are "Ryan Mallett" and "Dan Orloski"? Ugh.

OTOH, one would expect "Shaun Hell" to be pretty badass. Maybe he can hang out with Miroslav Satan.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
-About to play "the last of us" again. Such a great game. If you havent played it before you must get it. Probably the most emotional invested game you will ever play. Easily in my top 10.

-Just downloaded Final Fantasy X HD, X was my 2nd favorite FF game(VII being my fav). Now just waiting for the guide to arrive in the mail. If you havent played a FF game before, there is so much crap to do and get you have no idea, and a guide is almost a most. This is a great game.

-My buddy from work is lending me all three Mass Effects as well. I have played them before but going to go through them again. Another amazing game.

-All of those are to help me while I wait for FFXV to come out this year. Been waiting for it to come out since they announced it 9 YEARS AGO!!!! It is going to be the reason why I buy a PS4. Soon they will be releasing FF Type-0 remastered, which comes with a playable FFXV demo. Im not getting it, just liking that they are putting a demo out there so it confirms that FFXV will be arriving soon!!! You have no idea how excited I am about this.

All of those games are great. I think I'm gonna have to get ff type 0. Did some reading on it and it sounds really good. Has a lot of dark themes to it. FF 15 looks great can not wait!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All of those games are great. I think I'm gonna have to get ff type 0. Did some reading on it and it sounds really good. Has a lot of dark themes to it. FF 15 looks great can not wait!!
You'll have to tell me how type 0 is and if it's worth getting the ps4 early for it.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Also, quick update on Pokémon: I got a drought Vulpix from one of my friends for the Yveltal I have. I'm still looking for drizzle Politoed/swift swim Poliwag/Poliwhirl (nickname and gender is optional; I can breed it either way) and American versions of Darkrai and Genesect without nicknames. I can give you any version-exclusive Pokémon egg, along with a Yveltal (once I beat the game, capture Moltres, transfer my mons, and start over), and I can also gift anyone who has OR/AS a Groudon/Kyogre with their respective orbs, as well as any mega-stone you could ever want (as I dislike mega-evolution). I can also give free legends with any nickname you desire (non-shiny only; I don't have the patience to scum-save for shinies).

Again, I'm looking for drizzle Politoed, Darkrai, and Genesect for legends (particularly Groudon/Kyogre with their orbs and very hard-to-catch version-exclusive legends such as Ho-oh and Lugia with a mega-stone of your choice), but if you're just looking for a version-exclusive Pokémon like a Skrelp or Spritzee or whatever, I'll gladly accept any regular com-mon in return and send you their egg so that they can be completely yours.
If I had one I would give it to you. I've been doing a lot of wonder trades and I got a couple good 1st generation pokemon. Im trying to trade for a Machoke and Haunter but everyone wants Mewtwos and Genesects for them. I absolutely hate that you have to trade to evolve pokemon. But whatever. I want a Lugia, he's one of my favorites but again, I dont have any legendaries that people don't already have.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
That actually kind of reminds me... with the hacking gone from the Pokemon trading, is the GTS still flooded with impossible requests, like for Mews under level 10, or Charizards under level 10?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I think this is kind of neat...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17964863/new-colorblind-options-in-patch-61-2-16-2015

New Colorblind Support in Patch 6.1
Kaivax 2/16/2015

In World of Warcraft patch 6.1, you’ll find a new user interface system that we’ve designed to assist players who have common visual issues related to colorblindness.

In the new ‘Accessibility’ interface configuration section, you’ll be able to enable both text and color enhancements that may improve your visual experience while playing WoW. ‘Enable UI Colorblind Mode’ (which was previously in the Help section) is now here. These text enhancements add certain words and phrases to the tooltips throughout the game—tooltips that, by default, use different colors to indicate useful information about objects, NPCs, and other players.

For example, when you move your mouse cursor over a piece of rare gear and then a piece of epic gear, the game colors the names of the items blue and then purple, respectively. With ‘UI Colorblind Mode’ enabled, the game will add the words “Rare” and “Epic” to the tooltips for those items. For players who find it difficult to discern between friendly, neutral, or hostile targets, additional indication text in the tooltip will now appear when you move your mouse cursor over other characters.

The game will now have three sets of colorblind filters to choose from: protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia.

These are designed to assist players who have one of the three types of dichromacy, and should be useful to those who have one of the three kinds of anomalous trichromacy: protanomaly, deuteranomaly, and tritanomaly. Each set of color adjustments is available via a handy dropdown selector, and each comes with a ‘strength’ slider. The farther to the right you set the slider, the more the game removes potentially problematic wavelengths of color for each type.

To learn more about color vision deficiencies, check out the Wikipedia article on “Color blindness”. You can find a number of resources and free online color vision tests at colorvisiontesting.com.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Another really good Humble Bundle:

$1 for Hitman Absolution, Supreme Commode 2 and Hitman GO.

Beat the Average for the $1 games, Thief (though many say this remake is pretty bad), Murdered: Soul Suspect, Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut and bonus game(s) next week.

$12 for the BTA games, Tomb Raider (the recent remake) and Sleeping Dogs.

I'll likely get at least the $1 tier, but not the $12 one as I have Tomb Raider on Playstation Plus and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition from a recent sale.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. Played thru it a few times. I'm a resident in factions. One of the few realistic multiplayer shooters left in the world of online gaming. Most everything else out there is crap IMO. COD wrecked the imagination and purity of online shooters for me.

Picked up Destiny a few months back. Got to Lvl 24 and got bored to tears with it. Disappointing game.

Just started The Walking Dead episodes. Liking it so far. Good old fashioned choice based character driven gaming.