LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
GTA San Andreas on PS2. Played the ever loving crap out of this game back in the day. Days passed in game 1,063. That's just under 3 years CJ time. Popped it in the other night out of nostalgic curiosity.

My Stats:

CRIMES
-people wasted 22,924 :)
-gang members wasted 4,072
-road vehicles destroyed 7,158
-property damage $33,353,848.00(maybe my favorite stat)
-fires started 7,532
-wanted stars earned 3,275
-wanted stars evaded 1,016
-gang members recruited 1,072

MISC
-distance traveled on foot 3,014,272 ft = 570 miles
-distance traveled by car 10,909,582 ft = 2,066 miles
-best stunt = Triple Insane stunt(i have no idea what that was...)
-longest wheelie 1,529 feet(love this one)
-maximum insane jump distance 503 feet
View attachment 5146

Impressive!!!!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
GTA San Andreas on PS2. Played the ever loving crap out of this game back in the day. Days passed in game 1,063. That's just under 3 years CJ time. Popped it in the other night out of nostalgic curiosity.

My Stats:

CRIMES
-people wasted 22,924 :)
-gang members wasted 4,072
-road vehicles destroyed 7,158
-property damage $33,353,848.00(maybe my favorite stat)
-fires started 7,532
-wanted stars earned 3,275
-wanted stars evaded 1,016
-gang members recruited 1,072

MISC
-distance traveled on foot 3,014,272 ft = 570 miles
-distance traveled by car 10,909,582 ft = 2,066 miles
-best stunt = Triple Insane stunt(i have no idea what that was...)
-longest wheelie 1,529 feet(love this one)
-maximum insane jump distance 503 feet
View attachment 5146
Oh, I loved me some San Andreas. I even rebought it on Playstation Network for my PS3 because I lost my original copy back in Korea. (Note: Don't even bother with the Steam version... controls are very problematic.)

As a fun side game, turn on the Aggressive Traffic, Rioting and Pedestrians Have Weapons cheat codes... then just RUN and try to survive... every citizen is mad and has a random weapon including rocket launchers. Of course, don't save after doing this.

Well, I aced an exam, so I'll treat myself to finishing off the Dead Space trilogy.

The first, played during Snowpocolypse, scared the crap out of me. The 2nd, marginally less so. I hear the 3rd is more just a shooter. But I love a good shooter.
I might play DS one of these days... got Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 3 (but oddly not #2) in a bundle.

Anyone play emulators? I've been itching to fire up my PS2 emulator and play some Final Fantasy 12. I also need to finish my play through of Metroid Prime on the GameCube Emu.
Haven't played any PS2 emulators... had some great times with SNES, NES, Genesis and 2600 emulators back in the day. And of course MAME rules all.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
If you have GTA4 on PC, "Carmageddon" is a fun and easy to self apply mod, although it ruins the ability to play the game as intended until you switch the file back. Basically, you can define how much traction tires have, and if you enter a high negative number, cars become death machines if even nudge in the slightest, flying out of control so fast that they can fly higher than skyscrapers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, I aced an exam, so I'll treat myself to finishing off the Dead Space trilogy.

The first, played during Snowpocolypse, scared the crap out of me. The 2nd, marginally less so. I hear the 3rd is more just a shooter. But I love a good shooter.
I only played the first one. Yeah it was creepy good.

Athos

Legend
I only played the first one. Yeah it was creepy good.

Play the 2nd and get super creeped. Fucking mutant zombie babies dude. Horror movies, if you could call them that, don't do a thing to me. Too ridiculously dumb. But zombie mutant babies in Dead Space 2? Fuck that noise.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, now that I have the ability to brand uruks in Shadow of Mordor, it's become even more enjoyable than it already was. Basically, you can take control of any uruk you want (captains are harder to brand, but not that hard) and have them complete missions, fight by your side, have them infiltrate the warchiefs' inner circle by becoming their bodyguards (etc.) I recently lost one of my favorite captains, Ronk the Venomous (he had a freaking serpent helm, which looks cool), to a beast hunt where I didn't oversee him, so I'm trying to find another cool serpent helm uruk. Oh, and I have two out of the five warchiefs under my control: Rug Wrath-Breeder (a berserker with two large swords) and Thrak the Mountain (a defender with a shield and a flaming halberd).

Believe me, out of all of the awesome features that this game has, branding is easily one of the most fun. If you have an Xbox One or a PS4, I seriously recommend getting it.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I decided to take a month off from WoW, half to recharge a bit, half to kill time until 6.1 comes out and I no longer have to play pass the heirloom, and half because the Silver Proving Grounds with the stupid Illusionary Mystics is pretty hard with a Demo Warlock. The latter may be because I apparently think things have three halves.

But anyway, I decided to take that money and see what else I could find to sate my RPG needs... turns out Playstation Network has Dragon Age II for sale, and that's great. I had it, no longer have it, didn't finish it, liked it. And the price... $3.99. The only way you pass on that price is if you already have the game. And sure, it doesn't have the DLC, but there's still a lot of game there.

Also, dibs on Merrill.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
10947162_788962354509407_7913925443871395467_n.jpg

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Anyone play the older game Indigo Prophecy? Just saw a remastered edition just released on iPad today looks pretty good.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Humble Bundle has a neat little bundle of Star Wars games this time.

$1: Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and Dark Forces.

Beat The Average: $1 tier plus Battlefront II, KOTOR II, Republic Commando and at least one game added next week.

$12: Empire At War Gold Pack, The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition, The Force Unleashed II.

I bought the $1 tier, but already had KOTOR, so if anyone wants a free classic game and has Steam, just follow this link: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=bRVkdbvBaE62E8tU

If you could indicate that you've taken it so other people don't bother trying, that'd be great.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well, now that I have the ability to brand uruks in Shadow of Mordor, it's become even more enjoyable than it already was. Basically, you can take control of any uruk you want (captains are harder to brand, but not that hard) and have them complete missions, fight by your side, have them infiltrate the warchiefs' inner circle by becoming their bodyguards (etc.) I recently lost one of my favorite captains, Ronk the Venomous (he had a freaking serpent helm, which looks cool), to a beast hunt where I didn't oversee him, so I'm trying to find another cool serpent helm uruk. Oh, and I have two out of the five warchiefs under my control: Rug Wrath-Breeder (a berserker with two large swords) and Thrak the Mountain (a defender with a shield and a flaming halberd).

Believe me, out of all of the awesome features that this game has, branding is easily one of the most fun. If you have an Xbox One or a PS4, I seriously recommend getting it.

Time to update my progress. I've done all of the outcast missions...but I've lost a ton of captains for B.S. reasons, including Mormog the Destroyer (who I seriously thought was unkillable) to a swarm of uruks because some idiot archer I branded thought that it would be a good idea to shoot at someone and set off the alarm. Others that I've lost include Ronk the Wise (black headfeather helm), Snagog Hot-Tongs (blacksmith helm and twin tongs), Noruk Metal-Beater (blacksmith helm and a hammer), Malmug the Painted, and Nazkuga of the Spiders.

However, I've replaced Mormog the Destroyer with his berserker brother, Horhog the Destroyer (who also has a skull helm). I have three awesome archers, a couple of badass warriors, and two new warchiefs under my control (Narug of the Pit and Mozfel the Raven). I've also replaced Ronk the Venomous with Gorgum the Poisoner, who is a certified badass.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Time to update my progress. I've done all of the outcast missions...but I've lost a ton of captains for B.S. reasons, including Mormog the Destroyer (who I seriously thought was unkillable) to a swarm of uruks because some idiot archer I branded thought that it would be a good idea to shoot at someone and set off the alarm. Others that I've lost include Ronk the Wise (black headfeather helm), Snagog Hot-Tongs (blacksmith helm and twin tongs), Noruk Metal-Beater (blacksmith helm and a hammer), Malmug the Painted, and Nazkuga of the Spiders.

However, I've replaced Mormog the Destroyer with his berserker brother, Horhog the Destroyer (who also has a skull helm). I have three awesome archers, a couple of badass warriors, and two new warchiefs under my control (Narug of the Pit and Mozfel the Raven). I've also replaced Ronk the Venomous with Gorgum the Poisoner, who is a certified badass.

Really making want to play this game but I've got a couple to beat before I rent this.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Really making want to play this game but I've got a couple to beat before I rent this.

Don't rent; buy this game. There's just so many ways to play it, and it never gets old to kill/brand uruks. The only downside is that it's autosave, so if you lose a branded captain, he's gone for good. The minor characters are a bit bland as well, but you're mainly going to see the two mains (Talion and Celibrimbor), and they're a great duo. And the uruks are all unique and have a wide variety of their own awesome personalities.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I just had a bit of out of the box thinking I'm somewhat proud of.

I was playing Red Dead Redemption, and I was doing this one mission where a bunch of bandits were holed up in a farmhouse taking the family therein hostage. My mission was, along with the nominal help of a posse, kill all the bandits without having any of the hostages killed. Unfortunately, the last bandit I had to kill was looking straight at the door of the room he was in, hiding behind a woman and holding a gun to her head. If I opened the door and didn't headshot him within two seconds, he killed his hostage and the mission failed.

So I failed like 5 times on this, and each time had to go back to the last checkpoint, which was outside the house, and do the whole thing over again. So finally, I was sick of this. So I decide to clear out the bandits from outside the house, then before I go in, I go to the window of the room this guy is in. (It's on the second floor, but luckily, part of the first floor extended beneath the window). When I'm at the window, sure enough, he's totally ignoring the window and completely focused on the door. I easily headshot him rom behind, then run in and clear out the rest of the bandits in the house easily.

Memento

Name
Jemma

I was playing Red Dead Redemption, and I was doing this one mission where a bunch of bandits were holed up in a farmhouse taking the family therein hostage. My mission was, along with the nominal help of a posse, kill all the bandits without having any of the hostages killed. Unfortunately, the last bandit I had to kill was looking straight at the door of the room he was in, hiding behind a woman and holding a gun to her head. If I opened the door and didn't headshot him within two seconds, he killed his hostage and the mission failed.

So I failed like 5 times on this, and each time had to go back to the last checkpoint, which was outside the house, and do the whole thing over again. So finally, I was sick of this. So I decide to clear out the bandits from outside the house, then before I go in, I go to the window of the room this guy is in. (It's on the second floor, but luckily, part of the first floor extended beneath the window). When I'm at the window, sure enough, he's totally ignoring the window and completely focused on the door. I easily headshot him rom behind, then run in and clear out the rest of the bandits in the house easily.

Sweet! Gotta love out-of-the-box wisdom, stealth, and a nice headshot.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Don't rent; buy this game. There's just so many ways to play it, and it never gets old to kill/brand uruks. The only downside is that it's autosave, so if you lose a branded captain, he's gone for good. The minor characters are a bit bland as well, but you're mainly going to see the two mains (Talion and Celibrimbor), and they're a great duo. And the uruks are all unique and have a wide variety of their own awesome personalities.

That good!? I've got gamefly so I usually only buy game that I'm sure I'll keep as part of my collection or get super cheap.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John

I freaking love that game. Just amazing! For some reason the music is my favorite part. When getting in a gun fight I would just get all jacked up. I just beat the zombie dlc recently I was saving it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Also want to update my Pokémon progress a bit. I lost my Y Nuzlocke at Grant. I never thought that one bite from his Tyrunt would one shot Oscar the Frogadier at full health...but it did. I also lost Tammy the Croagunk (who was adamant-natured and had dry skin) and Ontarius the Amaura.

I've started a new Y game, and my team is this: Torry the Frogadier, Isaac the Charmeleon, Marshall the Skiddo, Darryl the Mienfoo, Orlando the Solosis, and Red the Goomy. St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) will be able to recognize the two names that aren't GSOT members.

I also have gone through a play-through of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire respectively in order to acquire Groudon and Kyogre. I've started a new game in Omega Ruby to get Rayquaza, the Regi trio, and Deoxys. My team is named after my favorite characters in certain media: Legion the Marshtomp (Mass Effect 2), Eda the Gourgeist (Black Lagoon), Talion the Aromatisse (Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor), Maine the Monferno (Red vs. Blue), and Ned the Rhyhorn (Game of Thrones). I also have a Bibarel HM servant, but he's not important.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I freaking love that game. Just amazing! For some reason the music is my favorite part. When getting in a gun fight I would just get all jacked up. I just beat the zombie dlc recently I was saving it.
Red Dead Redemption is one of those "Every gamer should play this!" level games. I'm not sure why it never got a PC port unless Rockstar just hates money.

Also want to update my Pokémon progress a bit. I lost my Y Nuzlocke at Grant. I never thought that one bite from his Tyrunt would one shot Oscar the Frogadier at full health...but it did. I also lost Tammy the Croagunk (who was adamant-natured and had dry skin) and Ontarius the Amaura.

I've started a new Y game, and my team is this: Torry the Frogadier, Isaac the Charmeleon, Marshall the Skiddo, Darryl the Mienfoo, Orlando the Solosis, and Red the Goomy. St. Louis Cardinals (baseball) will be able to recognize the two names that aren't GSOT members.

I also have gone through a play-through of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire respectively in order to acquire Groudon and Kyogre. I've started a new game in Omega Ruby to get Rayquaza, the Regi trio, and Deoxys. My team is named after my favorite characters in certain media: Legion the Marshtomp (Mass Effect 2), Eda the Gourgeist (Black Lagoon), Talion the Aromatisse (Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor), Maine the Monferno (Red vs. Blue), and Ned the Rhyhorn (Game of Thrones). I also have a Bibarel HM servant, but he's not important.
On a bit of a tangent, I'm a little mad at Pokemon right now. They decided to shut down all the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection services for the DS games, so you can only do online trading with X and Y right now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
That good!? I've got gamefly so I usually only buy game that I'm sure I'll keep as part of my collection or get super cheap.

There are two reasons why I keep games: great gameplay and if they have re-play value. SoM has both. The gameplay is smooth and functional, and combat is easy to master. The primary reasons are because it has an Arkham City combat system that focuses on strikes and counters to gain combos (with the exception of actually killing the enemies). It's the same when it comes to stealth. The ranged system, though, is a lot like Red Dead Redemption with the focus ability. Only difference is that you're doing it with a longbow instead of a gun.

There are two skill trees: ranger and wraith. Ranger allows you to have more capability in combat, while wraith allows you to do otherworldly things (shadow-strike, branding, elven swiftness, etc.) You can also use runes on your three weapons that grant various abilities.

You also have sidequests and other factors that add to the game. You have wildlife to hunt, some of which fight back (warning: do NOT take on graugs until you have absolute confidence in your ability with the bow with and without focus), various plants to harvest for health regeneration, outcast missions to rescue slaves, and challenges for your sword, bow, and dagger.

All in all, SoM is a fantastic game.