The Most Boring Play in All of Sports Has Been Changed

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yay. More reasons for people to bag on Zuerlein!

disgust.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO the most boring play in sports is the intentional walk in baseball. Just wave the motherfucker on to first and play the game.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
It would put way to much emphasis on kickers. Now they would be drafted higher eyc. Completely changes the game. Way to much riding one one player.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO the most boring play in sports is the intentional walk in baseball. Just wave the motherfreaker on to first and play the game.
I was at a Dodger game where the pitcher got a wee bit too close to the plate and Yeager (I think) took the pitch off the opposite wall. Wasn't boring at all. They need to leave the games alone and quit screwing with tradition.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was at a Dodger game where the pitcher got a wee bit too close to the plate and Yeager (I think) took the pitch off the opposite wall. Wasn't boring at all. They need to leave the games alone and quit screwing with tradition.

I bet that happens less than kickers missing PAT's though.

Plus it takes 15 minutes to throw the 4 pitches!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Personally; fine... It's an automatic point.

Isn't that why the 2pt play is an interesting strategic decision late in games?

I don't like the thought of losing or winning games based on extra points.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I bet that happens less than kickers missing PAT's though.

Plus it takes 15 minutes to throw the 4 pitches!!!
Nah - I sigh every time I see the intentional walk. But I have never watched a game thinking it would be better by changing the distance on the extra point. I have thought just about every time that the line of scrimmage spike was crap.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Completely pointless change.

Care to elaborate?

I for one like the change. I think it may cause teams to try harder to block the extra point. Too many times it is a half hearted attempt. Now a block can result in a return.

I don't see how it affects the 2 point conversion though, except maybe since the kick is not as automatic maybe teams with bad kickers would be inclined to go for 2 more often............or teams with a good run blocking Oline and a good RB(snicker snicker),

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You watch. The first team that will lose a game because of this nonsense rule will be the

Oh never mind

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it may cause teams to try harder to block the extra point. Too many times it is a half hearted attempt. Now a block can result in a return.

How many 30yd FG's are blocked?

At that trajectory, not many.

Again; we want an extra point to decide games? I don't like it.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I don't see the harm in trying something new. If this doesn't work, they can always go back.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Personally; fine... It's an automatic point.

Isn't that why the 2pt play is an interesting strategic decision late in games?

I don't like the thought of losing or winning games based on extra points.

I suggested just making the 1 point automatic, unless the team wanted to go for 2. That would have solved the "boring play" problem by eliminating it, and it wouldn't have effected the outcome of games that way.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Actually the more I think about this, the more I HATE it. Think about it, the Rams score a TD to tie the game, and the fans go nuts, only to have to hold their breath during what was once a given extra point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Care to elaborate?

I for one like the change. I think it may cause teams to try harder to block the extra point. Too many times it is a half hearted attempt. Now a block can result in a return.

I don't see how it affects the 2 point conversion though, except maybe since the kick is not as automatic maybe teams with bad kickers would be inclined to go for 2 more often............or teams with a good run blocking Oline and a good RB(snicker snicker),

It's a completely pointless change. It doesn't change the play. It just makes it less likely to be successful. That isn't adding anything to the game. Except maybe frustration when your kicker misses.

But the dynamics of the play are unchanged. If they're changing it because it's not entertaining enough, they failed. And what other decent reason is there for changing it?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's a completely pointless change. It doesn't change the play. It just makes it less likely to be successful. That isn't adding anything to the game. Except maybe frustration when your kicker misses.

But the dynamics of the play are unchanged. If they're changing it because it's not entertaining enough, they failed. And what other decent reason is there for changing it?

I am with you.

I hate the idea of more games decided by kickers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd personally rather see them get rid of the LOS spike. They're so worried about the integrity of the game and meaningful plays, get rid of THAT BS.
Damn right. I've been harping on this for years. It's LITERALLY intentional grounding.