Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok.
How many teams with playoff chances have been related in the Suh conversation? Idk

Maybe he's reached a point in his career where he just wants to win. He's played on some mediocre teams.
It's no joke that guys like Talib and Peters wanted to play in LA. It's the type of commitment that other players have to realize, they can play against them or play with them. Especially coming off an 11 win season.

I still have my doubts, but man it's fun to think we have a chance

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Ranma

Rookie
I'm encouraged by Suh's planned visit with the Rams but I hope they plan on meeting with Hankins as well just in case.

The Ramowl

Starter
That would be insane. But then again, that guy already has money in the bank, and if I was him I would be tempted to take a pay cut to :
- Play with AD and Brockers, making our DLine the best in the NFL, and probably in the last few years.
- Be coached by Wade
- Play on Defense for a team that had the best Offense last year
- Quite the secondary waiting for the crappy pass the QBs will manage to make

You can buy a lot with millions but not rings. Maybe he wants one, we would be in the serious conversation for which team is the most likely to win the SB with him

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Had a nightmare. Woke up. Just wanted to read some stuff I already knew and try to get back to sleep.

BOOM!!!

Suh visiting Rams.

HOW IN HEAVEN’S NAME AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP NOW???

Only way today works is if my Chiro appt goes well...and we sign Suh. Otherwise, I’m gonna be a wreck...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Suh on our line would be scary, scary good... how many players can get double teamed? Who do you try and stop, who do you focus on? Or do you just pray and put in your 3rd string QB???

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Ok.
How many teams with playoff chances have been related in the Suh conversation? Idk

He visited with Tenn and NO. Trying to line up with Seattle too.

Predictably he'll sign with whoever makes him the best offer. Hopefully it's not the Rams. That is just money better spent elsewhere.

Ranma

Rookie
It'd be nice to think that Suh is prioritizing winning over money and that's why he's meeting with the Rams, but I don't get that impression. It seems to me that he wants to recoup as much as possible in the money he lost from his previous contract when the Dolphins cut him.

Obviously, no one is going to pony up the same amount of dollars to him at this point, but he's already met with two teams in New Orleans and Tennessee from my understanding and now Suh is not only meeting with the Rams, but also scheduling a visit with Seattle and could very well likely meet with even more teams after that. I suspect he's been disappointed in the offers he's received so far and will go to the highest bidder once it's all said and done.

What seems to be good news at the moment is that no team has stepped up to the plate to separate themselves from the pack of suitors in terms of money offered. Suh is a mercenary in every sense of the word, so he'll go to the team that offers him the most guaranteed money, which could mean a multi-year contract.

I'm of the belief that the Rams and the other suitors thus far are only comfortable with offering him a 1-year deal. Sheldon Richardson's contract with the Vikings seems to be a good guideline for what Suh should expect, though Richardson is generally considered the more attractive option.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol on this thread.
There’s no chance the Rams are signing him.
He’s going to get the highest money he can.
And none of this winning over money stuff, Saints were in Playoffs last year and Seattle just missed forntge first time in a decade. He can get his money and have a chance to win too

TexasRam

Legend
Lol on this thread.
And none of this winning over money stuff, Saints were in Playoffs last year and Seattle just missed forntge first time in a decade. He can get his money and have a chance to win too

I wonder. Do Agents mention some kind of ballpark figure their client is seeking when the call comes in?

Seems a big waste of everyone’s time otherwise.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Could this also be a negotiating ploy with Donald? "We could trade you and sign him, and conceivably be a lot better off than we are now."

Come to think of that, is that a possibility? Two or three first rounders for Donald, with Suh signed in his place? I don't prefer Suh straight up, but when you add in the picks you would get from moving Donald, it could be worth it ...

Could be leverage, but the thing is the Rams don’t have to do anything with Donald. He is under contract, so they don’t have to do anything.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Lol on this thread.
Rams wouldn’t bother bringing him in if they didn’t believe they had a chance to him.

dang

Legend
While not knowing for sure my bet is he is lining up bidders. Then let the bidding begin with the highest bidder probably winning his services. He may have a preference but that will take a back seat to the $$$.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He visited with Tenn and NO. Trying to line up with Seattle too.

Predictably he'll sign with whoever makes him the best offer. Hopefully it's not the Rams. That is just money better spent elsewhere.

There is a good chance that you are right. Seattle could try to offer more than the Rams to keep Suh away from L.A. from a strategy point it makes perfect sense to present the threat of him going to the Rams in pursuit of a ring. Any other playoff caliber team would be worried.

For the Rams, this move would trump Gnata to the Eagles and Richardson to Minnesota.

One thing that I am confident about is if anyone has a chance to talk Suh into a cheap, one year deal to pursuh a ring, it would be Sean McVay. He is a persuasive guy. Having Wade to pat him on the back would only help.