Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Shawn Ferris
Vice President of Operations/Lead Writer
@OPSN_NFL Vice President of Operations. Lead Writer. Fantasy Football Analyst.

Always trust the Fantasy Football Analysist when his slow coach finally catches up

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams gave Bradford permission to see what trade value he has, and now if he finds out what it is, he's somehow a trader?
Rough crowd

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP sounds like he should be Admiral Ackbar.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sam Bradford’s Camp Using Bills’ Report To Gain Leverage In Extension Talks http://wp.me/p4pK1g-2dp

People close to the Bills are saying they don't want Bradford? Which is it?
That is by far the dumbest article I've seen this year. Whoever wrote that slop has reduced the Rams' FO to a bunch of middle school kids who base all of their decisions on emotions and overreaction, while portraying them as people who don't calculate anything or use any foresight whatsoever.

Shawn_Ferris-23.jpg

Dumbass.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Good bye Sam.... http://wp.me/p4pK1g-2de

Now his value will suffer because he's out there on the open market and everyone knows he wants to be traded

Why does his value suffer? We don't have to trade him. I don't see the upside for the Rams to make this deal unless the Rams make a trade themselves or draft a QB in the 1st round, I think the talk of Buffalo trying to get Bradford are crazy.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This is the 2nd crazy report...and every time, I feel the tug of loss....I don't want Sam to go, I didn't want Dickerson to go, I didn't want Fletcher or Green to go...I didn't want Wendel Tyler to go...I damn sure didn't want SJ#39 to go....but
@I'll get over it@
:cry::cry::(:(:oops::eek::confused::mad::mad::gtfo::stop::wtf::wtf::liar::hellno::hellno::hatin::palm::palm::palm::seizure::seizure::seizure:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who would you replace Bradford with?
It's easy to say basically "just dump him"... but your question is valid.

Especially in light of the need for Fisher and Snead to win more games than lose this year.

Something tells me they are committed to Bradford for no other reason than the answer to your question... which is... not good.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The Bills are going to have to one up the current bid on the table, acccording to ROD rumor last week, of 2 first rounders (plus johnny Football) by the Brownies

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bills are going to have to one up the current bid on the table, acccording to ROD rumor last week, of 2 first rounders (plus johnny Football) by the Brownies
Yeah, what are the Rams going to do with all these excellent offers?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's easy to say basically "just dump him"... but your question is valid.

Especially in light of the need for Fisher and Snead to win more games than lose this year.

Something tells me they are committed to Bradford for no other reason than the answer to your question... which is... not good.

I don't mind moving on from Bradford if we have a replacement. I just really believe this is a playoff team with a viable QB. I would hate to trade him and not have his replacement. I agree with you though, I think they are committed to keeping him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Never trade a player in his walk year if you don't have to.
Curious, why would you say that? Maybe I'm thinking like basketball, & specifically Dwight Howard, but don't you wanna get something for the former overall pick? What if he just walks? He just walks????

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't mind moving on from Bradford if we have a replacement. I just really believe this is a playoff team with a viable QB. I would hate to trade him and not have his replacement. I agree with you though, I think they are committed to keeping him.
The options out there at QB have been tossed around ad nauseum. None of them are particularly exciting.

Unless Snead and Fisher pull a rabbit out of a hat, the best option will remain Bradford.

It is what it is now.

They should have looked at this last year... I love Donald... and I think Robinson will be fine and Joyner has lots of potential... but there were some very decent options at QB last year with those slots.

Part of being a GM is looking ahead and preparing for the worst.

Had they looked ahead, they would have seen the lack of real options at QB this year.
Had they prepared for the worst (Bradford getting re-injured), they would have seen that picking a QB last year in the higher rounds was the prudent thing to do.

I know... hindsight is 20/20.... but it wouldn't have taken an immense amount of forethought to see this potentially happeneing.

Maybe that rabbit shows up :)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I would be VERY surprised if all of these rumours of teams being interested were not coming from Sam's agent.
Not that there won't be teams interested, I think there are probably multiple teams that would be interested in trading for Sam, I just don't think they would allow the media to find out that they are.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Curious, why would you say that? Maybe I'm thinking like basketball, & specifically Dwight Howard, but don't you wanna get something for the former overall pick? What if he just walks? He just walks????

He would be more motivated in his walk year. He is playing for a contract and he is young enough where he would get a 100M deal is he had a very good year.

Basketball teams are limited to what they can pay max players and when a player like Howard says he is not going to resign they are forced to trade him. In the case of Howard, he was trying to get out of Orlando for 3 years. He was trying to get out of there even when he was kissing Van Gundy lol. They had no chance of resigning him.

In this case with Bradford, we still don't know what Bradford is. If he gets hurt again this year, you let him walk and use the cap money for something else, maybe a QB. If he is great you sign him to big deal. In the meantime we should be making replacement plans this offseason whether it be the draft, FA or a trade in case he is mediocre or injured again this year.

Point is Bradford is going to be his most motivated he has been in his career because he wants the payday or at least a long term deal......and if he does not want those things then you probably don't want him anyway.

Hope that makes sense lol. Im half asleep right now trying to type this.