Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

By Rand Getlin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--bills-eyeing-qb-sam-bradford-184954525.html

The Buffalo Bills are pursuing a trade for St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, multiple league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Buffalo has promising young talent in the receiving corps, led by second-year player Sammy Watkins and third-year player Robert Woods, but a league source indicates Bills head coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Greg Roman aren't sold on EJ Manuel as a viable starter and believe Bradford can maximize the value of their wide receivers and help them win now.

Bradford, who is currently owed a base salary of nearly $13 million in 2015, was reportedly given permission to seek a trade, though head coach Jeff Fisher denied that was the case. Fisher went as far as telling reporters at the scouting combine last week that Bradford was his quarterback for the 2015 season.

If the Rams were to change their public stance on Bradford, the Bills would face a stiff challenge in swinging a deal if it involved picks in this draft. Buffalo has only six picks this season, none of them in Round 1. In moving up in the draft to land Watkins last season, they gave up what turned into the 19th overall pick to the Cleveland Browns.

Bradford missed all of last season after suffering an ACL tear in a preseason game, the second straight year he has suffered that injury. Since getting drafted in 2010, Bradford has missed 31 games with injuries (knee, ankle). He threw for 3,702 yards, 21 touchdowns, 13 interceptions and notched an 82.6 QB rating in 2012, the last time he completed a full season.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Sorry I wouldn't trade Bradford to Buffalo for less than a 1st round pick unless Winston or Marcus fell to us. I keep hear Buffalo but what can they offer us that makes any sense? Never trade a player in his walk year if you don't have to.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sorry I wouldn't trade Bradford to Buffalo for less than a 1st round pick unless Winston or Marcus fell to us. I keep hear Buffalo but what can they offer us that makes any sense? Never trade a player in his walk year if you don't have to.

We now have several teams eyeing him. I expect Les to gauge interest and leverage a good deal out of the situation if that's what the franchise wants. Hopefully he can pull another coup of picks.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Only thing I dont like about this is this is giving the Bradford and Condon the leverage over contract negotiations if indeed it is the rams plans to restructure and keep bradford this year. But if they are serious about trading him this is good news. nothing drives up the price like multiple bidders.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci

Hearing the #Bills are not pursuing #Rams QB Sam Bradford, as being reported, from a source in the know.

Irish

Starter
I really don't buy this. No team is going to save the Rams for painting themselves into a corner with their draft decisions and failing to bring in a suitable replacement level talent when Bradford tore ACL 1.0. No team is going to save the Rams from the albatross of a rookie contract that Sam was lucky enough to all into when he left OU.

If Sam gets traded (which I doubt), it may be for a 2016 3rd or 4th round pick, that gets better if he hits certain incentives. Teams that are looking at Sam Bradford right now are looking at scratch and dent appliances, or dented tin cans at the super market. The only reason they see Sam as worth trading for is because they have a deficit at the QB position (which more teams than not do) and they see value in possibly rehabbing damaged goods.

I, also, don't see Sam restructuring because he has no reason to, to Sam will either be a Ram this season at his current number, or he is getting cut right before the season starts.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah... I don't see what Beefalo could offer the Rams in return.

This is such garbage this time of year.

I don't know how to do it, but I'd put all my ROD money out there that Bradford does not go to Beefalo.

When you can't even string together a coherent sentence, you tell me everything I need to know about you:
"The Buffalo Bills quarterback situation for 2015 has been well-documented. It is fairly simple to do so because the only quarterbacks on the roster are EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel on the roster."

Psycho_X

Legend
Fisher and Snead need to win this year. Super Bowl appearance no but they need to win more than they lose for a change. And nothing the Bills can trade us for Bradford is an obvious choice to help that because all we need is a damn QB lol.

ram007

Starter
Bradford will start game 1 of 2015 season for Rams. There is no Alternate to Bradford in 2015 for Rams.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah... I don't see what Beefalo could offer the Rams in return.

This is such garbage this time of year.

I don't know how to do it, but I'd put all my ROD money out there that Bradford does not go to Beefalo.

When you can't even string together a coherent sentence, you tell me everything I need to know about you:
"The Buffalo Bills quarterback situation for 2015 has been well-documented. It is fairly simple to do so because the only quarterbacks on the roster are EJ Manuel and Jeff Tuel on the roster."

If we had a solution or plan to replace him, that would be one thing, but if we trade him, then we have this great defense with no offense to compliment it.

iced

watch it turn out to be the agent trying to find out the bill's opinion on bradford's value

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Buffalo 2nd rounder and call it a day. Throw in Manuel if they dont want him

rams1991

UDFA
Lol. This is such a mess. It makes sense on both ends.

1. That the Bills would want Bradford.
2. That Bradford's agent made it up.

I WANT THE TRUTH

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somebody... anybody... PLEASE... stop the misinformation madness!!

I can't wait for March 10th.