Sources: Bills eyeing QB Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I am in the boat who believe Sam Bradford is best option for 2015.

Bradford is no Manning so in that sense I would not be surprised if traded - that's where I was coming from.
Wow. If Bradford is traded than Fisher is most certainly a great actor.

Also, I think I'd be devastated, and it would take a while to get over. Seems that the organization would be at least 3yrs away from being a real playoff contender if he is traded, and then what does the rest of the team look like in 3yrs?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Also, I think I'd be devastated, and it would take a while to get over. Seems that the organization would be at least 3yrs away from being a real playoff contender if he is traded, and then what does the rest of the team look like in 3yrs?
Where does this 3 years away stuff come from?
The Rams were 1-15 in 2009 and were in playoff contention the very next year with a rookie qb.
And in the last 10 years, 8 rookie QBs have started for teams in the playoffs, another 2 2nd year starters
And that's legit starting qb not the TJ Yates type
So where I agree it's going to be Sam in 2015 I in no way can agree on the 3 year deal because if Sam goes down again (which has to be planned for) he's done for good.
So with him or without him I don't think the team is out of playoff consideration for the next 3 years. No matter what

FrankenRam

Starter

I raised an eyebrow at that too.

Have their been occasions when both have been true. Sure. But what QB wouldn't have been with the kind of pressure SB8 has frequently faced.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

My exact feelings.
I have a difficult time imagining the Rams making the playoffs without Bradford... I think the majority of the Ram's Roster is entering their prime playing years. This is such a quarterback driven league, how do you reach the playoffs without a top 20 QB?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Where does this 3 years away stuff come from?
The Rams were 1-15 in 2009 and were in playoff contention the very next year with a rookie qb.
And in the last 10 years, 8 rookie QBs have started for teams in the playoffs, another 2 2nd year starters
And that's legit starting qb not the TJ Yates type
So where I agree it's going to be Sam in 2015 I in no way can agree on the 3 year deal because if Sam goes down again (which has to be planned for) he's done for good.
So with him or without him I don't think the team is out of playoff consideration for the next 3 years. No matter what
My point was that if the Rams trade Bradford, how long is it going to take them to get a QB on board and integrated into the offense such that this team can be a playoff contender. With the QB's available in this years draft, it would seem that we will not find a QB who can take us to the playoffs in 2015. So, now, we're looking at drafting a QB in 2016, which means we're possibly playoff contenders in that QB's rookie year, but most likely in his 2nd yr, which is 3yrs out from now. But then, where does that leave the rest of the team?

V3

Hall of Fame

I don't think Fisher is a good actor at all. I don't believe a word out of his mouth anymore.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't think Fisher is a good actor at all. I don't believe a word out of his mouth anymore.
Wow - I didn't realize that there was this kind of Fisher-hate out there right now.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

Idk, I tend to think that Fisher tells us the truth of the moment. Meaning, he will tell us what his plans are at that moment. But that doesn't mean he has to stick to it. He is allowed to change his mind, even after telling the fans something.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You shouldn't. No reason for him or any other coach to be forthcoming.

V3

Hall of Fame
You shouldn't. No reason for him or any other coach to be forthcoming.
I agree with that to a point. Some coaches I feel give you more. I don't see that with Fisher. He makes it seem like he's being honest about certain situations but I just don't buy it. That's perfectly fine, too. It's probably better that way. But I just don't understand why fans believe him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Wow - I didn't realize that there was this kind of Fisher-hate out there right now.
That's not Fisher hate(though I don't think he'll take the Rams to a SB). I'm just calling it like I see it. I don't think Fisher tells the truth to the media on many issues. And like Jrry said, he probably shouldn't. But I just don't get why people still believe what he says. And that's not to say he's never told the truth, either.

jap

Legend
The NFL Inquirer - Monday, 2 March 2015
"In a bizarre turnaround in the Sam Bradford contract negotiations, the Rams have specified a minimum demand to any teams considering trading for the veteran signal caller. The Rams are insisting on at least:

5 Golden Rings,
4 Calling Birds,
3 French Hens,
2 Turtledoves,
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

before any trade offers will be entertained!!!"

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I think Bradford is not only the best, but only chance the Rams have to make a post-season appearance this year...If he goes down then they have to make a big-time move to get it going in '16...I think they need to draft a QB this year and hope that he's ready by next (I think this year would be a done deal) if Sam goes down again... If he can make it happen this year, more the better...Any stop-gap move will be just that...I don't see any long-term solution in FA this year...Histrionic for : I think Bradford is the answer (Unless he's not)...