Share your art!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My wife and mom are both professional artists.

If you want to see some of my wife's art, you can see some here:
http://www.beckymillerartist.com

My mom's art is here:
Www.velmillerart.com

Me? I have a difficult time drawing stick figures.

Edit: Really odd that my spell check on my Samsung would change an 's to 'said. If some of you wondered, I was not trying to say my wife'said art or mom'said art. Spell check is simply brilliant.
I really like your Mom's Art work! I'm into anything Western! I feel I was Born in the wrong Era!!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
love the juxtaposition of the dead rose head with the one in full bloom...

Digital or film?
Digital. Most of my photos are digital, it's been harder to find places to develop film and digital is a little more convenient. Though it is a pleasant surprise to see how your photos turned out, I sometimes forget what I've taken.

Yeah, I was blown away by a richly saturated color of the rose in bloom, especially because I took the photo mid Winter. Everything else was dead and brown or grey.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
She takes photos and then works from sometimes several of them to form the composition. When she works from photos, she will only work from her own. Same with my mom. Not surprisingly, they get along like peas in a pod.

Becky's dad was a big hunter and bow maker. He made a lot of my bows. He used to call and ask for me. My mom calls and asks for Becky. Kind of an interesting family dynamic.
Nice creative families - I truly believe that if more people embraced creativity the world would be a much happier place :)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Digital. Most of my photos are digital, it's been harder to find places to develop film and digital is a little more convenient. Though it is a pleasant surprise to see how your photos turned out, I sometimes forget what I've taken.

Yeah, I was blown away by a richly saturated color of the rose in bloom, especially because I took the photo mid Winter. Everything else was dead and brown or grey.
Yeh, digital is so convenient - too convenient sometimes. But you're right its difficult finding someone to develop film these days :-/

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I did this one for a project, I had to show depth of field. Around that time we were also learning about still life photos, and a few photo's including still life's of toys. I was intrigued by it, and my wife happened to have this stuff lying around.
Poe.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I was about halfway up Mt. Washington. Unfortunately my group didn't make it much further up than this spot.
mount.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I had that done in 2003. I know that because the artists signed it and dated it in a spot that is almost hidden. I was looking at it last night when I snapped these pics.

You were way too buzzed Stu. LOL. That is the bathroom that you and Becky used. LOLOLOLOLOL.

I was doing some remodeling of my master bath though at the time you were here. So your memory isn't COMPLETELY failing.

In fairness though... we were all crap faced for the short time we were here at my place. We got here late after booze cruising... and we then had to get up early to drive down to Tampa for the 9am tailgating.

You can't make fun of him for not remembering because he was so buzzed.

I'll let you guys all in on something funny.

Selassie and I met at a local bar here a ways back, he makes it a little down south here every now and again. It's actually a favorite spot of mine and I go there for wings every now and then.

Anyway this place has a HUGE tank behind the bar......it's massive, like the centerpiece of the entire place. Several feet long and about 4 feet high maybe. HUUUUUGE. He and his wife and friends and I were sitting about 10 feet from it, maybe 15.

Well several months later I was in the place again and noticed a new fish, a big one. Knowing that he likes fish a lot I snapped a pic and texted it to him. I got a response back that the fish was cool and he game me the name of it.

Then he asked where I was that had such an awesome tank. LOL.

So don't let him get away with poking fun @RamFan503

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You can't make fun of him for not remembering because he was so buzzed.

I'll let you guys all in on something funny.

Selassie and I met at a local bar here a ways back, he makes it a little down south here every now and again. It's actually a favorite spot of mine and I go there for wings every now and then.

Anyway this place has a HUGE tank behind the bar......it's massive, like the centerpiece of the entire place. Several feet long and about 4 feet high maybe. HUUUUUGE. He and his wife and friends and I were sitting about 10 feet from it, maybe 15.

Well several months later I was in the place again and noticed a new fish, a big one. Knowing that he likes fish a lot I snapped a pic and texted it to him. I got a response back that the fish was cool and he game me the name of it.

Then he asked where I was that had such an awesome tank. LOL.

So don't let him get away with poking fun @RamFan503

Hahahahaha

True Story! :snicker:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did this one for a project, I had to show depth of field. Around that time we were also learning about still life photos, and a few photo's including still life's of toys. I was intrigued by it, and my wife happened to have this stuff lying around.
View attachment 18772

Is that a figurine in the forefront? Creepy. :sneaky:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was about halfway up Mt. Washington. Unfortunately my group didn't make it much further up than this spot.
View attachment 18773

I love nature scenes in photography. Not a big fan of close ups... but shots like yours where you "feel there".

Cool photo.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Is that a figurine in the forefront? Creepy. :sneaky:
It is. It's supposed to be Edgar Allan Poe.
I love nature scenes in photography. Not a big fan of close ups... but shots like yours where you "feel there".

Cool photo.
Thanks. Yeah, with nature scenes I tend to like broad landscapes, but extreme closeups can render some cool photos. There are a lot of interesting patterns and textures in nature.