Sean Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
No, my logic is that he CAN be developed without playing but I'd prefer he get some shots. I've said this earlier. Now that Keenum is still out with his concussion he'll be getting a lot of reps in practice which should really help him. You must have missed the part where I said the advantages of real game action for a QB are incontrovertible. I'd like to see him get some playing time now, just like he got in the last game. I just don't want to put him in a position of having to lead us to a win.

More importantly though, I'm not as pessimistic as you in thinking that we'll never get a decent O-line, good RBs/WRS and a decent OC.:LOL: Hopefully we'll address all those issues in the off season. I don't think we're that far away. We have a good RB and possibly a decent OC (if given the chance and the tools).

I guess that all depends on who is coaching next year. I just want to start playing Mannion so that we'll know if we need to draft a QB high, get a free agent, or if Mannion is up to the job.
We currently do not have anyone on the staff that can evaluate a QB just from practice time.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
There seems to be the perception that if Mannion is now getting #2 reps that he is somehow being prepared to play

What that actually means he is getting to work against the defense running the scout team (opponents) offense. The starter still takes 95% of the reps with the offense and current weeks game plan.

The biggest thing that Mannion will be doing as #2 is running the opponents offense against our defense and translating the terminology into the Rams verbiage.

For those who think that is enough to be fully prepared...... I respectfully disagree.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I'd like to see ANYONE get a chance to be the next great Rams quarterback, It takes a while to gain experience and confidence. Case Keenum has played 8 games in his entire career, and I thought he got a little better in each one. Last week we did not see much progress but (IMO) he still needs a few games before we throw him out with the bathwater. Mannion will also need SEVERAL GAMES to show what he's got, so wait until the end of the season or even next year. We can't have too short of a leash... these new guys need time to develop.

Foles, on the other hand, already has experience and has proven to me that he is not a quarterback that can elevate the personnel in this offense. Next!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I see a lot of people saying start Mannion simply because it can't get worse. I said the same when Keenum was going to get a shot. Then he completed 46% of his passes with a paltry 136 yards through the air.

It can get worse folks, it can always get worse. Especially when the kid hasn't practiced or played.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I hate to say this, with Keenum hurt, Foles gives the Rams the best chance to win. Fisher has to show everyone, the team included, that he wants to win whether we are in the playoff hunt or not. Starting Mannion will tell the team that he has given up, and once that happens, professionals or not, the team is going to give up as well. Last couple of games of the season, maybe, but not now.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
theres really no reason not to play mannion at this point. If he doesnt play this year theres a real good chance he never plays a game as a Ram, assuming they draft another QB. Not sure why you wouldnt want to see what you have before its too late

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I hope Mannion starts after this week. It's a good idea to sit him against the Cards. The defenses that follow, DET and TB, are not nearly as strong.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
theres really no reason not to play mannion at this point. If he doesnt play this year theres a real good chance he never plays a game as a Ram, assuming they draft another QB. Not sure why you wouldnt want to see what you have before its too late
This is especially true if the Rams were to make a coaching change

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
This is especially true if the Rams were to make a coaching change

normally I'd agree but he'd probably be cut either way with a new coaching staff. With the money Foles is owed hes probably wont be cut,a new coaching staff likely wouldnt want to keep 3 qbs, 2 of which have a total of 1 year exp. Only way I could see him remaining on team is a great showing in these last few games (which I doubt considering how bad the offense has been) or an amazing offseason