Sammy Missed in Buffalo...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Last week people were saying Woods should be benched.
He goes out and helps us win the next one. He kicked ass and we dont win last nights game without him.
It used to be Joyner, or how Gurley lacked burst or whatever...
Every player has good games and bad.
Whatever kind of dominant consistency some of you expect, it's just not realistic expectations. These guys are human beings, not machines. They get the flu, they have families... a guy who plays at a high level the majority of his time in the league has 1 or 2 bad games in a row and somebody wants him replaced...

Tru was the NFC def Player of the Week 2 games ago, and now he is just a guy, easily replaceable... "the real Tru"...

If any team was even half as reactionary with their roster as some of the fans are, nobody would know who the hell is playing for us by week 8!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Tru was the NFC def Player of the Week 2 games ago, and now he is just a guy, easily replaceable... "the real Tru"...

That's correct. And I feel comfortable saying that as I am referring to much more than just the last game in sample size.

Oh and btw nobody called him easily replaceable. But replacing players successfully year to year is what winning franchises do in this league.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I wouldn't mind seeing a top Cornerback in the first round and a Left Tackle prospect in the second.

Don't have a #2 This year due to Watkins trade.

Hopefully they can move down a bit in round one, and get an extra #3.

Then again hard to move down if your picking 32nd.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-wr-sammy-watkins-had-an-impressive-game-thursday

WR Sammy Watkins had an impressive game Thursday
BY MARK CHICHESTER

GettyImages-851127984.jpg

Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Sammy Watkins produced an excellent performance against the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night, catching all six catchable targets for 106 yards and two touchdowns, en-route to earning a PFF overall grade of 83.8.

The majority of the damage came against fourth-year cornerback Dontae Johnson, against whom Watkins caught hauled in three catches from four targets for 56 yards and one touchdown. When targeting Watkins in Johnson’s coverage, Rams quarterback Jared Goff posted a near-perfect passer rating of 156.3.

Watkins ended the contest with a perfect wide receiver rating (passer rating generated when targeting that receiver) of 158.3, and an impressive average of 4.61 yards per route run, both the highest marks among receivers in the game.

So far this season, Watkins has proved to be worth the investment made by the Rams, who acquired him in a trade this offseason. Through three games, he’s tied for first among 82 qualifying receivers with a perfect wide receiver rating of 158.3, ranks ninth among the same group with an average of 2.66 yards per route run, and his PFF overall grade of 83.2 is the eighth highest among receivers.

Watkins-1.png

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I feel like Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins wanna play here hell Trumaine Johnson might even take a pay cut to keep playing here. These guys are having fun and playing exciting football. And on top of that they are winning. We haven't seen the likes of this since the GSOT.
Watkins and Woods could really help us keep/attract players since they know what it's like to decay on a bad team.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Watkins and Woods could really help us keep/attract players since they know what it's like to decay on a bad team.
I think both of them see what's happening around here and they're going to want to stick with it.
I know Woods is signed for a few years but I was thinking that Watkins might definitely want to stick around.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Last week people were saying Woods should be benched.
He goes out and helps us win the next one. He kicked ass and we dont win last nights game without him.
Once again;
Offenses are the toughest unit to get to play cohesively together in the entire Wide World of Sports.
These are mostly new players and they're all playing TOGETHER for the first time and some of them have never played in this type of offense before.

I still think we'll see highs and lows despite the great offensive output we saw Thursday night.

But by playoff time I think we'll be good to go. :D

I was really excited when we landed Watkins. I wanted him coming out of college.

Last game was great despite the fact he's still learning our offense. That Goff to Watkins connection could be a good one for years to come.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Why wouldn't we be able to?
How does that work on a trade?

The Bills already declined the fifth year option on Watkins as I recall.

I don't know if we can or we can't.
That's what I'm asking and that's what I believe Dieter is asking above.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
After spending the last three winters in upstate New York, Sammy is going to LOVE "winter" in SoCal! (y):banana::rockon: