Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I like Bradford, really talented, seems like a nice guy, but realistically...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I like Bradford, and I think the hit was a little late, but that's what you get for turning your QB in a RB. The damn QB can be 30 yards down the field and you still have to tiptoe. There's no doubt in my mind that if that's Russell Wilson in that play that's a called penalty with the excuse of "well you have to protect these players."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seahawks' Michael Bennett rips 'mediocre' Sam Bradford, other QBs

August 25, 2015, 9:00 pm

Email

usa-michael-bennett.jpg

Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett called Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford "mediocre" during a radio interview on Tuesday. (USA Today Images)

Michael Bennett doesn’t care for your views about hits on quarterbacks.

The Seahawks' outspoken defensive end joined710 ESPN Seattle on Tuesday and gave his opinion on the rules after the controversial hit Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs laid on the knees of Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford on Saturday.

“Quarterbacks get protected more than any other player,” Bennett said in the interview with Brock and Salk. “I mean, he gets hit in his knees and he's about to cry. ’They hit me in my legs.’ Everybody gets hit in their legs. Every play somebody tries to hit me in my legs.

“So what makes him different? What makes his life better than mine? I've got kids. I've got stuff I like to do on the weekend.

“But because he gets hit in his legs, he gets a flag. He gets up with a sad face like the world just ended because he got hit. I mean, you got hit in an NFL game. Who cares? Get back up and be like, 'Good job.'”

This comes a day after Bennett's head coach, Pete Carroll, said the current rules regarding hits on the quarterback are "not right."

On Monday, the NFL’s head of officials Dean Blandino said the Suggs hit, which drew a roughing the passer penalty, was “not a foul” because Bradford was running a zone-read option play.

Chip Kelly disagreed, saying “it was just a handoff” and “not every shotgun run is a zone-read play.” Bradford echoed his head coach’s opinion.

Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins first empathized with Suggs on Monday, saying he would want to scare the quarterback out of running on a zone-read play. On Tuesday he clarified that he didn’t mean he was hunting down zone-read quarterbacks.

Bennett was on his on QB hunt Tuesday, aiming at those whose performance on the field haven't lived up to their lofty contracts in his opinion.

“There's some mediocre quarterbacks in the NFL that make a lot of money,” he said. “You take a guy like Sam Bradford — he's never played really in the last three years, but he's made more money than most guys in the NFL.”

Bradford wasn’t the only signal-caller Bennett called out for being mediocre, as he went on to name new Texans starter Brain Hoyer and Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill.

“Quarterback is the only position in the NFL where you could be mediocre and get paid,” Bennett added. “At every other position, you can't be mediocre.”

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if this bennett character thinks it's so easy to be a qb and get paid why didn't he become a qb?

stop your whining, you sound like a whiney bitch.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

if this bennett character thinks it's so easy to be a qb and get paid why didn't he become a qb?

stop your whining, you sound like a whiney bitch.

I thought the same thing! They get paid so much because there are so few people who can do it - and they make probably the biggest individual difference to whether you get a W or a L of any position. I think Bennett has a chip on his shoulder. Probably because he didn't get drafted when he thought he should have done, and all his buddies on the defense are starting to look to their pay-day now....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
1. Tannehill is a pretty good QB.
2. Everyone benefited from the old CBA.
3. 38 total tackles and 7 sacks. Any other team and this guy is Eugene Sims. Apparently DE is another position where you can be average and get by pretty well. There's a reason you haven't gotten your payday yet, Mike. You're down the list on priority because you yourself are AVERAGE.

FRO

Legend
I'm sure he would have been cool with Wilson being hit low when it wasn't necessary. If you think Sam is mediocre then so be it, it doesn't change how I feel about a defender going low on a guy when he doesn't have to. I don't care if it were Austin Davis back there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Was pretty good tonight for the Eagles. Showed off his talent. I think he is finally in a good situation. He is in a system that he excels in and has good talent around him.
Man, Sproles just doesn't seem to age.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It is in the Rams direct interest that the Eagles do poorly in 2015, since they have their 2nd round pick. I like Sam, but especially once he takes 1 snap this season, I have to root for the Eagles to suck. Them losing 2-3 games more is worth the Rams 4th round pick, most likely. Ideal is of course Sam staying healthy AND the Eagles sucking. I'd happily blame it on their defense.

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
Not only Sproles, but Jordan Matthews looks better than Brandon Gibson ever did

FRO

Legend
Not only Sproles, but Jordan Matthews looks better than Brandon Gibson ever did
Its funny Jordan Matthews is the SEC all time leading receiver, ran nice routes, had great size, has huge hands, ran a 4.45, has the bloodlines, but still went mid second round for some reason. I was hoping for him over Joyner. Matthews is poised to have a huge year. I think he is going to be a big time player.

Brandon Gibson is a number 4 WR on most teams. He was our top guy. Add in crap lines and bland coaching and you have a recipe for poor offense. Foles is going to get blamed for a lot of stuff this year that won't be his fault. Supporting casts matter. Some never realize it.

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
Its funny Jordan Matthews is the SEC all time leading receiver, ran nice routes, had great size, has huge hands, ran a 4.45, has the bloodlines, but still went mid second round for some reason. I was hoping for him over Joyner. Matthews is poised to have a huge year. I think he is going to be a big time player.

Brandon Gibson is a number 4 WR on most teams. He was our top guy. Add in crap lines and bland coaching and you have a recipe for poor offense. Foles is going to get blamed for a lot of stuff this year that won't be his fault. Supporting casts matter. Some never realize it.

yes, and Amendola was a poor man's Welker . . . so sad, but that said, Foles is my qb

FRO

Legend
yes, and Amendola was a poor man's Welker . . . so sad, but that said, Foles is my qb
Amendola was very good. Foles is our guy. While our offense support cast has improved, I still think it's below average.