Sam Bradford's Philly Debut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
haha, now i know you're talking crap.

i can't emotionally invest 5 years into a guy and then just shut it off like a faucet. doesn't work that way.

I like you @kurtfaulk, and I hear you. I am more of a rip the bandaid off type of guy though.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
And might I add... FUCK THE EAGLES AND EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL!!! GO........ RAMS!!!!

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oops. Wrong thread.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

can the body language experts give us a rundown on foles today?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
funny how the rule book says differently

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/protectionofpasser

"No defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction."
I think the distinction is that the QB in a read-option or zone read offense isn't a QB.
For all intents and purposes, he's a RB.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The hit was still way too late imo. If you're going to take a free shot, then let it be high. That's fine. Look at how CL pulled up before hitting Mariota. That was bang bang too. Shit was cheap. Suggs knows it, and no one gives a shit. It's fine, because he didn't get hurt, but if he did it would be getting A LOT more attention obviously.

Regardless, shit happens. If that would've happened in the reg season, I probably wouldn't even blame him at all. As others have stated, it's nice to not hold my breath every time our qb drops back to pass.

iced

I think the distinction is that the QB in a read-option or zone read offense isn't a QB.

the hit was still late, and as chip said, its not a zone read..

FRO

Legend
It was totally legal to hit Bradford. It was dirty to hit him low and in the knee.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
the hit was still late, and as chip said, its not a zone read..
Didn't look like a play-fake to me, but I'll defer to his assessment.
And I don't think it was late, but he probably could have hit him higher.

All-in-all, I don't think it was malicious. Defenders are going to make a bee-line for the QB in these types of offenses now, as the most effective way of neutralizing it is to play assignment ball and keep these "dual-threat" (SO not Bradford) QBs acutely aware that they're being targeted the very second they become a RB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Didn't look like a play-fake to me, but I'll defer to his assessment.
And I don't think it was late, but he probably could have hit him higher.

All-in-all, I don't think it was malicious. Defenders are going to make a bee-line for the QB in these types of offenses now, as the most effective way of neutralizing it is to play assignment ball and keep these "dual-threat" (SO not Bradford) QBs acutely aware that they're being targeted the very second they become a RB.

It was a bit late.