Round 3 Pick 69: Cooper Kupp, WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I would like to add one more positive about Kupp ... after thinking about it .... remember the Peyton Manning visit? CK was a regular at the Manning Passing Academy. I'm sure we got some insight on this guy from all angles. The homework was done on this pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
80, 83 and 85 are available but of course 2 of them are retired aren't they? So yeah just 83 in the 80's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can understand why Tony doesn't like the combine. Running a near 4.8 may have played into him going undrafted back in the day.

Yep, I discussed that on another board. He had second/third round tape but lack measurables at the Combine and Pro Day. Came in as a UDFA, worked his ass off, and just got a huge contract as one of the NFL's better safeties.

He has a good understanding of the limitations of the Combine. If you can ball, you can ball.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully this year we will get to witness Jared Goff throwing like Kupp's old QB, Vernon Adams jr. That was a hell of a tandem. I do like this pick an awful lot. Like Mojo said, "receivers that can actually catch, what a concept." Go Rams!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
2013 vs Oregon St: 5 rec / 119 yards / 2 TD
2014 vs Washington: 8 rec / 145 yards / 3 TD
2015 vs Oregon: 15 rec / 246 yards / 3 TD
2016 vs Washington State: 12 rec / 206 yards / 3 TD

Lets see if he can get open in the pros....on 3rd and 8's......vs press man. I still don't see anything more than a slot receiver....

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Some get wrapped up with 40 times thinking it's the real measurable for the skill position players. There is a real difference between someone's true speed and football speed. Most guys aren't going to be running 40 yards at full speed unless it's a break away. There have been many great players who weren't lightning fast. It's how a guy can create separation while running his route which is more important, because not all routes are going to be a "go" route. If you watch his hi-lights, he does create separation, and has the speed to extend plays. He's not going to be just a possession receiver. He will stretch the field when it's needed, and tough enough to catch a pass in traffic too.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Kupp may also have an impact on the other WRs on the team - his football IQ is off the charts - going to be a good voice in the positional meetings. It's odd to hope for a rookie to teach a vet, but I hope Tavon gravitates to him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets see if he can get open in the pros....on 3rd and 8's......vs press man. I still don't see anything more than a slot receiver....

Go to 0:58 in this video:
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/marcus-peters-vs-eastern-washington-2014/

It's 4th and 2 with Budda Baker pressing him. Kupp is lined up outside as the Z WR. Baker, who was just drafted by the Cardinals with Pick #36, ran a 4.45 40. Kupp comes off the LOS with a little stutter, throws an inside shoulder fake, and then releases hard outside. He smacks Baker's hands down when Baker tries to deliver a punch and runs right by him for the 27 yard TD.

A top 40 pick with 4.45 speed tries to press Kupp on 4th and 2, and Kupp makes him look the fool.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A top 40 pick with 4.45 speed tries to press Kupp on 4th and 2, and Kupp makes him look the fool.

He stands like a statue,
Becomes part of the machine.
Feeling all the angles
Always playing clean.
He plays by intuition,
The faster corners fall.

That slow, white, smart kid
Sure plays a mean football!