Round 3 Pick 69: Cooper Kupp, WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hands, stiff arm, north/south! I like!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Goff got his blankie! @jrry32 for the win! 3rd round?!? Made up for TJ Watt! Gimme a C and CB and I'm thrilled before I see one UDFA's name.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm going to catch hell for this, but I don't care. Last pick we have, take Zamora and be done finding weapons for once. Holy hell, it's been way too long since we had a legit tandem at WR.

WestCoastRam

Legend
So basically, I thought I read somewhere that a staple of the Washington offense was verticals being run with a receiver breaking in. Sounds to me like a three WR set with Tavon, Woods, and Everett running verts and Kupp running routes breaking across the middle.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I can understand why Tony doesn't like the combine. Running a near 4.8 may have played into him going undrafted back in the day.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I can understand why Tony doesn't like the combine. Running a near 4.8 may have played into him going undrafted back in the day.

Well thank God for the combine say I! Lets us get this STEAL of a gem in the third when he would have been gone if he'd had a flash time in the 40.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Not sure you put Pettis on Fish. Plenty of other things - sure.

Pettis was his own worst enemy like so many other talented players. Let's put Kupp on his own trajectory. He can play or he can't. And a tenth of a second in the 40 has rarely been the real difference. I forget.... what did Ike and Jerry run?

Bruce ran a 4.48. If you ask me he was faster than that on that old Astroturf.

Rice ran a 4.59, but there were reports of him running a 4.45 in college. It was a different era then. Players train for sprinting now, back then players would show up for the combine and didn't know how to run a 40 yard dash.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kupp-Emag.jpg
It made me Really Happy that the Rams / Fans and @jrry32 Got their Man!! And Traded down to do it!!(y):LOL::D

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have to admit that Kupp plays faster than his timed speed. My bad for letting the combine and small school stigma taint my judgement. I for one should know that football IQ, route running and reliable hands are what makes a great WR. With Woods and Kupp, we now have 2 guys who run great routes, work hard, tough as nails, and have excellent hands. IF Spruce can stay healthy and stick ... the WR corps just got tons better.

I like the Jordy Nelson comparison and CK does seem to play the same way. Lord knows I would love to have Jordy on my Rams ... well maybe now we do. Goff is getting some much needed help.

Forgive me for doubting Jrry .... I should have bought in by trusting my eyes.