Rob Rang Says Rams Are In Extreme Power Position In Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

That's what I thought too. Then again they may just be willing to settle for Manziel. I'd love to have 3 first round picks from a trade with the Browns, but I don't realistically see it happening.

To me this is the ugly truth of it, with three quarterbacks likely to go top ten and the Rams really not interested in one of them, a more likely trading partner may very well be someone outside of the top 10.

I agree..

If Cleveland is not willing to give up what you are asking, and you really want to play hardball, I would draft a QB with the second pick then let the offers come in.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I agree..

If Cleveland is not willing to give up what you are asking, and you really want to play hardball, I would draft a QB with the second pick then let the offers come in.
That's what you have to do if potential trade partners think you won't pick their desired player and they're content to 'let the draft come to them'. But its risky if you select the player they are less interested in. You have to be prepared to live with the pick, or to take less than anticipated in a trade.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I agree..

That certainly would establish your "balziness" as a GM for future negotiations.

PhxRam

Or for your next employer. :lol:

In this case what real harm would there be? If nobody offers anything worth while then you let the rookie sit and let the year play out.

If Bradford has a down year, then you put them both on the trading block and take the best offer.

At least you have some protection in case

A: Rams decide to go in a different direction
B: Bradford decides to sign elsewhere once his contract is up.

Sorry fellas I think its the nyquil talking. :cool:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I'd still like to parlay it into a first this year a second and a first next year.
I like having two firsts cuz one of these days THE player is gonna come along and I want to be in the running

maybe the player is there this year the draft is a crap shoot

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
In this case what real harm would there be? If nobody offers anything worth while then you let the rookie sit and let the year play out.

If Bradford has a down year, then you put them both on the trading block and take the best offer.

At least you have some protection in case

A: Rams decide to go in a different direction
B: Bradford decides to sign elsewhere once his contract is up.

No there's a difference between shameless Bradford bashing and just trying to visualize how they would maximize that value of that 2nd round pick.

To me, if the Browns pass on trading for the 2nd, which I think is probable, they're already willing to take what comes, but any team outside of the top ten that wants a quarterback might very well take trade picks with us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The needs of some of these teams is seriously in your face needs:

#1-Houston- QB - Don't be fooled by the owner broadcast. Failure @ One position was the main reason this team who had been on the rise for three seasons & had big back to back wining playoff seasons has FAIL @ QB with a Ram like injury issues. They have zero @ QB for this team in 2014. QB- Bridgewater or Manziel

#2- St Louis- OT/CB/OG/S- The NFL 2014 Central Trading Post! Who wants what ? It won't hurt much you just a few beaver skins.Snead will be on the phone often with GM's Browns/Vikings/Falcons & maybe Jags. DE Jadeveon Clowney is ours if not but the Vikings will call while the Browns will try to low ball us. Rams have one big OL issues for our pocket passer.

#3-Jax Jags- DE/QB -have no pass rush last in the NFL in sacks. Their best sacker is 34yr old Babin. 10 teams had less passing yds Rams were one of them. QB may not be their top need. Never know Jags could desire a trade with the Rams to secure a pass rusher lacking since its beginnings. DE Jadeveon Clowney & bring back the still young Henne as back up, cut Gabbert & go with a vet QB or seek one later in the draft. Do not count out Jags as a trade down partner for Jadeveon. This is the team that grabbed Gerald rivers DE from the Rams. DE Clowney or QB

#4- Cleveland Browns- QB period- Browns when you look at it could be left out of the top three QB hunt. If the rams trade out say by the Vikings then the draft could go 1 2 3 off the boards all QB's...Browns left without once again..7 setting there with all those draft picks & nothing to trade for...sound like a repeat of a repeat of 2012 & 2013??

#5- Oakland- WR/QB/OT- Raiders have needs all over but if Sammy Watkins is there I would think this WR is off the board.

#6-Atlanta Falcons DE/OT/OG- Not hard for them but if Jadeveon is gone here OT Mathews will go off the board here. Atl. could desire a trade up with the Rams for the rights of Jadeveon they were on the bottom of the NFL in sacks too with the Jags.

#7-TB Bucs- OT/DE/QB- Lovie needs a DE or an OT and may go with a vet QB like Vick to go with last yr #2 pick@ QB. Lovie is also without some 2014 draft picks too due to trades last yr. Buc's just do not have much to trade with. Most likely place for OT Greg Robinson goes off the board if they stay put.

#8-Minn Vikings- QB - New coach must secure a better QB & will be in the hunt for a trade up with the Browns. If Viking want one of the top three QB's they must trade with us.

Vikings will have to give us their First #8, second #40 & third #72 & another 2nd rders pick in 2015 (1-2-3 plus a 2015 2nd rder.) . Rams would have 1-1-2-2-3-3-4-plus a 2 in 2015......
Browns will have to deposit both first round selections First #4 & First # approx #26 & a fourth rder (1-1-4), or a first #4, second #36, third rder (1-2-3-) Rams would have 1-1-1-2-3-4-4.... ..... or 1-1-2-2-3-3-4.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

Last edited by a moderator:

iced

That's what I thought too. Then again they may just be willing to settle for Manziel. I'd love to have 3 first round picks from a trade with the Browns, but I don't realistically see it happening.

To me this is the ugly truth of it, with three quarterbacks likely to go top ten and the Rams really not interested in one of them, a more likely trading partner may very well be someone outside of the top 10.

really? i see 6 or 7 partners in the top 10...whether it be for a QB or Clowney (Falcons/Bucs).

iced

I think this was Ponders best game in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012121603/2012/REG15/vikings@rams#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Against the Rams

I find this bizarre too this season these four RB's had their best games this seasons against the Rams:
Johnson 150yds -Titans
Murray 175 yds-Dallas
Foster 141 yds-Houston
Gore 153 yds -SF

Yea the d-line had its ups and downs... Gore and Murray were embarassing, Arian Foster got a lot of garbage yards (we were up 21-0 at half)

fearsomefour

Legend
RG3 isn't even RG3 talent anymore. It's just a QB driven league, and CLE can ill afford to miss out on one of the top prospects yet again.
Agreed. I dont care for any of the top QBs in this years draft, havent seen all of them in all honesty, but, the ones I have seen….you know, dont blow me away at all. But, someone will overpay to move up. The worst case scenario has the Rams taking a player at 2 that should be able to dominate his position for 10 years. Best case Houston did what it did with the Reggie Bush scenario and drafts Clowney and there is a scramble for Bridgewater.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam buying the expensive stuff:
Let the offers come in? You'd have to be talking about current players because how would the draft run after that? You'd have to tell the interested teams who to draft and would multiple interested parties do that? I'm not sure you gave enough thought to the logistics of that scenario.

But more importantly, you should buy the CVS store brand called Nightime (or the Daytime version if you don't want the antihistamine) for a fraction of the price. Exact same ingredients.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mark this down; the Rams will get an offer from the Vikes.

If we don't get a better offer, that's where we trade.

Bookmark me. :sly: