Reasons for WR at 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

dang

Legend
Seems like Nabers/Thomas could be another Chase/Jefferson situation. Chase got more pub but Jefferson ended up being a little better as a pro.
Like a spoiled kid in the candy store I want Thomas/ Leggette, JPJ AND DeJean/Mitchell. But Mom will only let me pick one. What a bitch!!! (Sorry Mom).

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
I would love it if the Rams find a way to draft Michigan's DT Kris Jenkins. I know we have other needs but he's a hell of a player.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Tell you guys what.. the more and more I watch Adonai Mitchell the more I think he might be better than Thomas Jr. Look at the way he gets in and out of his breaks. His explosive long speed is one thing (4.35 at 6'2), but his short area quickness at the top of his routes to create separation is crazy for a guy his size. Such a smooth athlete. In other drafts this guy could be a top 10-ish pick. Reminds me of CeeDee Lamb big time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNb5CnSmCPI

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Tell you guys what.. the more and more I watch Adonai Mitchell the more I think he might be better than Thomas Jr. Look at the way he gets in and out of his breaks. His explosive long speed is one thing (4.35 at 6'2), but his short area quickness at the top of his routes to create separation is crazy for a guy his size. Such a smooth athlete. In other drafts this guy could be a top 10-ish pick. Reminds me of CeeDee Lamb big time.

I like Mitchell a lot. I just wonder if he's got the right personality to fit with McVay. Ever notice how the Rams don't pick many showboat types? Mitchell sure does like to play to the crowd.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I like Mitchell a lot. I just wonder if he's got the right personality to fit with McVay. Ever notice how the Rams don't pick many showboat types? Mitchell sure does like to play to the crowd.
Well, referencing an earlier post, I think McVay is spending a lot of time in the shower thinking about Pearsall from Florida though. That kid looks like a perfect fit, and is a returner as well. Not sure he lasts until 52 though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The receivers in this class are ridiculous. So much talent and so many options.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like Nabers/Thomas could be another Chase/Jefferson situation. Chase got more pub but Jefferson ended up being a little better as a pro.
I'd still take Chase over Jefferson, keep in mind he had Burrow injured last year. Jefferson also runs his mouth a bit too much for my liking. Both are fantastic wideouts though.

Will be interesting to see where these next two go. I think the best landing spot for Nabers is Tennessee, as they have a young QB with the arm to hit him deep. If he ends up in Atlanta he'll be catching a lot more short passes, which he's good enough to do but it won't be a full usage of his skill set.

Thomas the best landing spot would be our Rams. Stafford would load him up.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's so many good mid/late-round receivers in this class. I've become a huge fan of Jordan Whittington (Texas), am a fan of Zakhari Franklin (Ole Miss), am very, very tempted to put Joshua Cephus (UTSA) in my mock, along with Worthy and Whittington. Character would absolutely need to be vetted in Cephus' case (DUI, violated bond conditions), but he's so insanely big, fast, and talented that he could be elite.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I've mostly seen him going in the 20s, but definitely could see him going earlier after the combine
He’d be a top 10 pick any other years with those measurable alone. This wr class is ridiculous, to think we might have a shot at a top 10 talent (him and a Mitchell) at 19!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's so many good mid/late-round receivers in this class. I've become a huge fan of Jordan Whittington (Texas), am a fan of Zakhari Franklin (Ole Miss), am very, very tempted to put Joshua Cephus (UTSA) in my mock, along with Worthy and Whittington. Character would absolutely need to be vetted in Cephus' case (DUI, violated bond conditions), but he's so insanely big, fast, and talented that he could be elite.
It would be nice to have a "Jo-Cephus" but he sounds like one stupid sumbish. DUI and violated bond conditions yeah fuck that. Have a good life dude. Maybe enjoy Carolina.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler

He’s also a big game player. I think he played in 5 playoff games in college and caught touchdown passes in every single game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It would be nice to have a "Jo-Cephus" but he sounds like one stupid sumbish. DUI and violated bond conditions yeah fuck that. Have a good life dude. Maybe enjoy Carolina.

I know, but I've looked into it, and basically, the coaches and teammates of Cephus absolutely love him and were one hundred percent behind him (unanimously voting him a team captain and the number two - when single digit numbers were highly regarded), and it seems like he did have remorse for the DUI (refused the number initially, in his words, "It would be hypocritical after what I did," and his head coach had to force him to take it), and has owned his mistakes (in the words of the head coach).

You'd absolutely have to vet the character, but for a seventh-round pick as a punt returner and a Ceedee Lamb-like player (I'm not saying he's going to be Lamb, but he has a lot of the same traits.), I absolutely wouldn't mind rolling the dice.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He may be tough to pick there too with all these mocks showing him going before 19!
Good, I sure hope he does. Chances of an edge falling to us get better. At this point, I think we are almost required to grab the best edge left. Can still get a good CB in round 2.