LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Ferrari… 7/10

Race scenes and the cars were great. Enjoyed seeing Derek Hill, son of 1961 F1 champ Phil Hill (a man who I greatly admire), playing the role of Jean Behra.

I felt we needed an encounter scene between the mistress and the wife, and a little more connection with Dino. The crash scene that ended the Mille Miglia was horrific.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Old Boy - 6.5/10

this movie has subtitles. It was good enough to keep me watching and reading, which I usually get bored of.

It gets high ratings but some of it seemed super farfetched. Maybe that stuff actually happens in other countries. The ending was pretty neat though. It makes the movie worthwhile. It’s on Netflix

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lift 7/10
Netflix new release. Starring Kevin Hart and Gugu Mbatha-raw.

It is a fun movie. Nice and light, it’s not a comedy, and suited for a wide range of audiences.

Hart is the leader of a team that specializes in intricately detailed, high end theft. Inter-pol blackmails them into doing a very difficult heist. My wife and I really enjoyed.

Psycho_X

Legend
Saw Argyle today. Was ok, the first hour I thought was really funny but has a few fairly predictable plot twists and then gets a little bogged down. Has a cat that seemed to be mostly unnecessary CGI instead of just having a real cat but guess that's less of a pain in the ass then trying to work with a real animal lol. Overall was enjoyable in a goofy, popcorn film kind of way. Henry Cavill was hilarious.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Liked it as well.
The smoke showwas goofy, but kinda enjoyed the oil skating.

oldnotdead

Legend
Maggie and I watched Prey instead of the Super Bowl. The movie is pretty good. It's about how plains Indians encounter the Predator Alien in the 1780s. If you liked the Predator movies this IMO is actually the best one.

It went well with our Asian fusion meal of Chinese & Sushi LOL

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Maggie and I watched Prey instead of the Super Bowl. The movie is pretty good. It's about how plains Indians encounter the Predator Alien in the 1780s. If you liked the Predator movies this IMO is actually the best one.

It really is a good movie…but fuck the Yautja for cheating by cloaking; the brother would’ve kicked its ass otherwise.

And given the events of Predator 2 (my favorite with Prey just behind it), the girl’s not likely to live very long herself, given that she has the flintlock that the elder Yautja gives to Danny Glover’s character.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Speaking of Prey

their making a new Predator movie , and it will be directed by Dan Trachtenberg , the same guy who directed Prey

although this will not be a sequel to Prey , not much detail was released , just that it will be stand alone movie set in the future , and will have a female lead , the name of the movie will be Badlands , so I have no idea , if it will take place in the future , in South Dakota , or if the name Badlands , means something completely different

there is also a new Alien movie coming out in August called Alien: Romulus , it's suppose to take place between the original film and the second film , it's being produced by Ridley Scott

there is also a TV show in the works for HULU / FX , which takes place like three decades before the original movie , also being produced by Ridley Scott

production on the TV show stopped during the writers / actors strike , but I think it has resumed by now

anyways

if you're a Alien / Predator fan , there is some new stuff coming our way

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1r4ykTznqU

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I didn’t want to start a new thread for this but ….

Caught some of one of my old favorite movies - demolition man with sly Stallone

How the fuck could the 3 seashells possibly work?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dune Chapter 2 (sounds better to me than Dune 2 boring)

10/10

As I said earlier in the trades thread I'm a huge fan of Herbert and his work and even enjoyed the books his son collaborated on. This was a great reimagining of the David Lynch movie. And yes guys that worm ride scene was absolutely epic!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I watched the Naked Gun again last night ... 36 years on ... I know what's coming and I still find myself in stitches.

Turn Around Look GIF by Laff

fearsomefour

Legend
Dune Chapter 2 (sounds better to me than Dune 2 boring)

10/10

As I said earlier in the trades thread I'm a huge fan of Herbert and his work and even enjoyed the books his son collaborated on. This was a great reimagining of the David Lynch movie. And yes guys that worm ride scene was absolutely epic!
Looking forward to seeing this.

fearsomefour

Legend
I too skipped the Whiner Super Bowl and went to the movies.....but, the game being so damned long I got home mid fourth quarter. Got to turn it on just in time for the heart break....so.....I good day!!
I saw The Zone of Interest.
Interesting movie.
Very well made in my opinion.
The banality of evil on full display.
7.5/10.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nobody - 7/10

I watched it on Freevee, on Prime. It was a little slow at first. It wasn’t much for character development and I saw it called a John Wick ripoff on Reddit. I liked it better than John Wick.

Bob Odenkirk stars and it also has Christipher Lloyd as his dad. If you like to watch some ass kicking, creative fight scenes and the Russian mob getting their ass kicked. Give it a shot. I liked it. If your looking for great content, character depth , emotion and intrigue, watch something other than this.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Nobody - 7/10

I watched it on Freevee, on Prime. It was a little slow at first. It wasn’t much for character development and I saw it called a John Wick ripoff on Reddit. I liked it better than John Wick.

Bob Odenkirk stars and it also has Christipher Lloyd as his dad. If you like to watch some ass kicking, creative fight scenes and the Russian mob getting their ass kicked. Give it a shot. I liked it. If your looking for great content, character depth , emotion and intrigue, watch something other than this.
I love Odenkirk. One of my fave actors actually, but that movie had me cringing from beginning to end. I thought maybe I was just in a bad mood the first time I watched, so I watched a second time when my son was visiting..... we couldn't even get through it. My eyes hurt from rolling so hard, haha.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love Odenkirk. One of my fave actors actually, but that movie had me cringing from beginning to end. I thought maybe I was just in a bad mood the first time I watched, so I watched a second time when my son was visiting..... we couldn't even get through it. My eyes hurt from rolling so hard, haha.
Oh, it was definitely corny, but so is John Wick imo. It helps me that I’m not familiar with Odenkirk in other roles. Plus, I like revenge movies, ass kicking, mixed with a little humor. I grew up on Kung fu masterpiece theater when I was a kid.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I watched a bunch of movies the past few months and most of them are so mid. Except Oppenheimer.

Oppenheimer - 8/10

Leave the World Behind - 6/10

Heart of Stone - 4/10

The Catcher Was a Spy - 3/10

Old Dads - 6/10

The Adam Project - 6/10 (had high hopes for this one)

Elemental - 5/10

65 - 5/10

Moonfall - 6.5/10

The Flash - 6.5/10

Shazam 2 - 5/10

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
We watched a couple movies over the weekend

smaller , more independent films , both based on true stories

the first one....

The Shamrock Spitfire , a British film about Brendan "Paddy" Finucane , a young Irish lad , who went on to become one of Great Britain greatest Fighter Aces of WWII

Great story , but the movie , not so much , for a WWII fighter pilot movie , it was pretty dull , I had a hard time sitting through it , dull character , bad CGI , but again , this was just a small in independent film , but sadly , I can't really recommend it

5/10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGtuS-LR-I

Commonwealth_Air_Aces_of_the_Second_World_War_CH3757.jpg

and the second movie , again , based on a true events , kinda sorta , I think the main plot is fictional , but the other events are true

the reason this one interested me is so much is that it took place about 50 miles from where I live

back during WWII , they set up German Prisoner of war camps here in the Midwest , Iowa , Minnesota , Wisconsin , Nebraska

and so , while so many of our young men were off fighting the war , they used these German Prisoner to help with the labor shortage , on farms , meat packing plants , etc

so this movie

Silent Night in Algona

Algona is the town about 50 miles from where I live , and while the German solders were held Camp Algona , they constructed a 1/2 scale Christmas Nativity Scene , which is still there today

over 10,000 German prisoners from April 1944 to February 1946 , were held at these different prison camps here in the midwest

again , this was a small independent based out of Minneapolis I believe , although , part of the main story was fictional , the rest is all true

I felt this movie was much better then The Shamrock Spitfire

7.5/10

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s03pzBaG3rs

nativity-4.jpg

Last edited: