LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I give it 5 out of 10 - i thought it was okay
As a huge nerd and a big Chris Pine fan I've tried three times to watch D&D Honor Among Thieves and I get about 30 minutes in each time before I get bored and tune the movie out.

2/10
Yeah, took quite a while to get going but then got better and better as the film went on. 6.5/10

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, took quite a while to get going but then got better and better as the film went on. 6.5/10
I ended up finishing it and it was ok. But tainted since it was so hard to get into. Higher than a 2 just not sure I'd go beyond a 5 which I think is how many tries I had to finish it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Big Country with Gregory Peck and Burl Ives. Amazing period piece. Great acting. Interesting camera angles. Love Westerns.
What a team Franz Planer Cinematographer - Death of a salesman Roman Holiday.........
Directed by Willie Wyler 3 Oscars 1 for Ben-Hur
I need to go back and watch this again

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That was just two movies in one

If you like Vampire movies then the second half of the movie is your cup of tea.
Or Salma Hayek…then you’ll really enjoy it

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Question for those who had watched the new Dungeons and Dragons

how many of you have actually played Dungeons and Dragons , and did you like the movie ?

I've played Dungeons and Dragons and I actually enjoyed it , I think I gave it like 7/10

probably not the greatest movie ever , but I had alot of fun with it

sure , not quite the same tone as Game Of Thrones , but then it shouldn't

but when it came to Dungeons and Dragons , I thought they checked all the boxes

this movie reminded me of playing Dungeons and Dragons for the first time , everyone starts out as level 1-3 , and you're playing some off the self campaign for beginners , nothing to difficult , and hopefully you're characters lives long enough to reach level 4................lol

brings you back to when you were 14 , hanging out in one of your friends parents basement , half the table is covered in your D&D manuals and dice, and the other half covered in junk food and soda

playing D&D at 2 in the morning , chewing on a twizzler , those were the days..................lol

dd-portrait-1981.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
a double shot of Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour

every movie with Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour

gets a 10/10

:sunglasses:

bob2.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

how many of you have actually played Dungeons and Dragons , and did you like the movie ?

I've played Dungeons and Dragons and I actually enjoyed it , I think I gave it like 7/10

this movie reminded me of playing Dungeons and Dragons for the first time , everyone starts out as level 1-3 , and you're playing some off the self campaign for beginners , nothing to difficult , and hopefully you're characters lives long enough to reach level 4................lol

brings you back to when you were 14 , hanging out in one of your friends parents basement , half the table is covered in your D&D manuals and dice, and the other half covered in junk food and soda

playing D&D at 2 in the morning , chewing on a twizzler , those were the days..................lol

dd-portrait-1981.jpg
When I was a kid in the 70’s &80’s I never knew what D&D actually was, or how it was played. I didn’t know anyone who played it. If I had then I would have tried it and I’m sure I would have liked it.

Jump ahead to last year - I was visiting an old school friend and found that he and a few others in my class had played it for years. They just never talked about it in school because they said they’d get made fun off. Too bad for me. I missed out due to people’s fears of being bullied.

I liked the movie. It was light and fun. I was expecting something else, but I’m glad I was able to release my preconceptions. 7/10 is a fair rating.

Tano

Legend
When I was a kid in the 70’s &80’s I never knew what D&D actually was, or how it was played. I didn’t know anyone who played it. If I had then I would have tried it and I’m sure I would have liked it.

Jump ahead to last year - I was visiting an old school friend and found that he and a few others in my class had played it for years. They just never talked about it in school because they said they’d get made fun off. Too bad for me. I missed out due to people’s fears of being bullied.

I liked the movie. It was light and fun. I was expecting something else, but I’m glad I was able to release my preconceptions. 7/10 is a fair rating.
Let's start a Rams Forum Group D&D

Note - I have never played so would be a complete newbie

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

dd-portrait-1981.jpg
I used to play back in junior high and I did enjoy seeing the different monsters in the movie that I remember from back in the day like the Displacer Beast, Owlbear and the Gelatinous Cube! Every time A monster I recognized came on screen I’d call it out annoying the crap out of my wife.
That was always my favorite thing about D&D was painting all the metal figures.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe it or not, I just watched "Highlander" for the first time. Sure, I'd seen selected scenes from the movie over the years but never the complete movie. I liked it but there are problems with the concept. The ending was rushed and barely explained what the "prize" was.
I give it 6 out of 10.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe it or not, I just watched "Highlander" for the first time. Sure, I'd seen selected scenes from the movie over the years but never the complete movie. I liked it but there are problems with the concept. The ending was rushed and barely explained what the "prize" was.
I give it 6 out of 10.
There can be only one

Tano

Legend
I give it 6 out of 10.
Wait until you see Highlander 2 which completely ruined Highlander 1 and is one of the sequels that is fighting for worst sequel of all time (and there is quite a competition for that title - Caddyshack 2, Cannonball Run, 2 Beastmaster 2 - just to name three off the top of my head).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait until you see Highlander 2 which completely ruined Highlander 1 and is one of the sequels that is fighting for worst sequel of all time (and there is quite a competition for that title - Caddyshack 2, Cannonball Run, 2 Beastmaster 2 - just to name three off the top of my head).
How can there be a sequel, since McCloud is the last ONE? Hell, the ending suggested that he wasn't even immortal anymore.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Porky's 2?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Honestly, I thought Ice Age had the absolute worst sequels. I know, I know, it's a cartoon movie, but they basically cut out Diego for the most part (my favorite character by absolute far; that saber-toothed tiger was so nuanced and complex in Ice Age, and definitely deserved better in the sequels), the romance with Manny and Queen Latifah's character (no offense meant to Queen Latifah, but I despised her character, and her animal companions sucked even more) was out of left field and shoehorned, and Sid - was - not - fucking - dead - yet.

Fate, I hate Sid, but at least in Ice Age, he had interesting character-building moments that, while you still wanted to strangle him with his own entrails, made him a cooler (pun not intended) than he ever was in the sequels. In the sequels, he was absolutely useless, annoying, and one of my most hated animated characters ever (for the record, I liked fucking Sid from Toy Story more than Sid the sloth).